Russkie17
+4|6461|Houston, Texas
Everyone has been throwning out ideas of the next step after 2142. Most think it will be going backwards in time. I shutter to think-I don't ever want to spawn and have to shoot a longbow

Maybe it's the right idea, but not literally. What if they go into fantasy (LOTR style) gameplay? If they did, I would ditch the series forever...

I'm psyched about the future stuff in 2142, though. I've been waiting for something like this for a looooooong time. (I'm an avid Warhammer 40k player and I love anything scifi)
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6662|under there hayousaidunderwear
What is the point of this thread?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85
Ehh, I hope current-day warfare again...
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6486|Melbourne

Ancient Roman Times, thats were i would love to see the game head....

Edit:  Or The Era when they found the new world!

Last edited by R3v4n (2006-08-27 19:41:36)

~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

the underlying theory of the Battlefield series is Kit-based Modern Warfare. And in looking at the trend, the next game might be even further into the future than 2142
Raphael
Wtf Padders!! Padders!!!
+18|6620|Boston, Massachusetts
lightsabers ang magic ducks ftw
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6705|Antarctica
I think BF1902 or some Industrial Age time period would be pretty sweet.
frankie123
+4|6514
lmao fusion of future and ancient time

just like warhammer where u get swords and guns lmfao i wouldn't play it...
Stylux
+4|6454
Current warfare would be the best i guess, but this time with stealth bombers and stuff...
Russkie17
+4|6461|Houston, Texas
I want more Future. Don't get me wrong, I love modern warfare, but the Futuristic stuff draws me in.

Oh, and the point of this tread was just a discussion. Like EVERYTHING else in this forum...
GR34
+215|6544|ALBERTA> CANADA
i just want a battlefield korea with the old helocopters and tompsons there has never been a game on korea i dont think or like ww1 type of stuff

Last edited by GR34 (2006-08-28 15:00:20)

SGT_Squirtle
+13|6715
How about Battlefield 1842... cowboys and indians... doubt it though, not very politcally correct
chittydog
less busy
+586|6834|Kubra, Damn it!

I think they'll wait until the technology gets better and release an updated version of modern warfare. Better graphics, even more features. Each edition of Quake/Doom/COD/etc... has basically been a prettier, more rubust version of the last. Image if the difference between BF2 and BF4 is like the difference between Doom 1 and Doom 3...
SGT_Squirtle
+13|6715

GR34 wrote:

i just want a battlefield korea with the old helocopters and tompsons there has never been a game on korea i dont think
BattleField 1952?
chittydog
less busy

GR34 wrote:

i just want a battlefield korea with the old helocopters and tompsons there has never been a game on korea i dont think
That would be cool. Everyone always overlooks Korea.

A fictional Central or South American conflict would be cool too. Maybe loosely based on the conflict in Panama in the early 90's.
SGT_Squirtle
+13|6715

chittydog wrote:

I think they'll wait until the technology gets better and release an updated version of modern warfare. Better graphics, even more features. Each edition of Quake/Doom/COD/etc... has basically been a prettier, more rubust version of the last. Image if the difference between BF2 and BF4 is like the difference between Doom 1 and Doom 3...
So your saying BF4 will suck?
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6679|Denver, CO
I'd love to see Battlefield Fallout... Apocalypse style anyone? rusty buggies... 2x4s with nails... hell yeah!
chittydog
less busy

SGT_Squirtle wrote:

So your saying BF4 will suck?
lol, yeah that was a bad example. Look at it purely from a graphics standpoints.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692
ColdI'm thinking a cold war era. It could be US vs USSR or something.
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6679|Denver, CO

Superior Mind wrote:

yeah but the whole thing about the COLD war lol... there's no fighting
GR34
+215|6544|ALBERTA> CANADA

INCSOC wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

exactly it will be a diplomatic game were u say if u dont lunch nuke i wont lunch a nuke
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6679|Denver, CO

GR34 wrote:

INCSOC wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

exactly it will be a diplomatic game were u say if u dont lunch nuke i wont lunch a nuke
LOL duuuude... i'm so buying it
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6630|Washington, DC

I wouldn't mind a modern-day warfare thing for each BF game. Just make it take advantage of the latest technology and have a super-robust and powerful engine with innovative gameplay.
ZoMg_h4x
I'M NOT KMAL!!!!
+64|6455|Atlanta, GA USA

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

I think BF1902 or some Industrial Age time period would be pretty sweet.
qft
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6765|Cambridge (UK)

GR34 wrote:

if u dont lunch nuke i wont lunch a nuke
'lunch a nuke' - funny typo.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard