Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

mKmalfunction wrote:

I am pissed at EA for making bad patches.
This is a joke right?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
phnxfrhwk
+14|6672|Just outside of baltimore, Md.
Hmm. Thanks Stryyker for clearing up a whole lot of things for me. Saves me precious time surfing the Internet when I am bored.

ThomasMorgan...we are all out of coffee at the moment, But we do have beer. And as we all know, Beer is good food.

And last but not least. Anime is what makes the world go round. If some new world changing product has come out. You can always bet that some technogeek saw it in an anime and figured out how to make it work. Although I'm still waiting on a Madcat MkII.
specxops
Banned
+18|6649|Boca Raton,Florida
your completely right ive been trying to say this for a while lol
Raphael
Wtf Padders!! Padders!!!
+18|6620|Boston, Massachusetts

phnxfrhwk wrote:

Hmm. Thanks Stryyker for clearing up a whole lot of things for me. Saves me precious time surfing the Internet when I am bored.

ThomasMorgan...we are all out of coffee at the moment, But we do have beer. And as we all know, Beer is good food.

And last but not least. Anime is what makes the world go round. If some new world changing product has come out. You can always bet that some technogeek saw it in an anime and figured out how to make it work. Although I'm still waiting on a Madcat MkII.
1st of all how the hell did you think that ea developed bf2 its not that hard to figure out who makes what and who  publishes what. 2nd wtf on the anime, anime is just like cartoons y call it anime when its just a fancy cartoon.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Raphael wrote:

phnxfrhwk wrote:

1st of all how the hell did you think that ea developed bf2 its not that hard to figure out who makes what and who  publishes what. 2nd wtf on the anime, anime is just like cartoons y call it anime when its just a fancy cartoon.
coz anime is made in japan... and the artists have really good art skills... anime pwns cartoons X9999999999.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6575|London

phnxfrhwk wrote:

Madcat MkII? didnt know there was a mechwarrior/commander player on these forums. Its a shame that that franchise is dying.
alpinestar
+304|6596|New York City baby.
Sorry to break the bad news to you strykker man
but EA now holds controlling interest in 59.8% of DICE shares and votes.
Further, EA holds warrants, which, if exercised, would increase the publisher's stake to 67.3%. So far, however, EA has not decided whether to exercise the warrants. Regardless of these specifics, EA has effectively gained control of DICE, whether or not this eventually leads to outright ownership of the developer, I feel like a troll but the truth must be told

Last edited by alpinestar (2006-08-18 13:45:06)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

alpinestar wrote:

Further, EA holds warrants, which, if exercised, would increase the publisher's stake to 67.3%. So far, however, EA has not decided whether to exercise the warrants. Regardless of these specifics, EA has effectively gained control of DICE, whether or not this eventually leads to outright ownership of the developer, I feel like a troll but the truth must be told
i stand corrected.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS

stryyker wrote:

alpinestar wrote:

i stand corrected.
Edit time?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
phnxfrhwk
+14|6672|Just outside of baltimore, Md.

Raphael wrote:

phnxfrhwk wrote:

I'm not exactly sure what what exactly warranted all of this but okay. I'm sorry I'm not up to speed on all of the publishing/developing/coding/patch-making and all that. I buy the game slap it in and enjoy playing it. I research the game in my free time whenever I find a topic interesting. I was just thanking Stryyker for clearing a few things up thats all. Like DICE Canada and DICE Sweden. I didn't know about the two differences.

And yeah anime is a cartoon But a specific style of cartoon. That would be the equivalent of calling a Rolls Royce just a car. Or a Barret M82A1 Just a gun.

Yep old time Mechwarrior player right here Never cared for commander but anything 2-4 even the expansions. Gimme 2 Clan gauss rifles a Clan ERPPC and as many LBXAC-20s as I can load up. Jade Falcons baby! And yes it is a shame to see it all go.

Last edited by phnxfrhwk (2006-08-18 20:17:33)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

Spark wrote:

stryyker wrote:

alpinestar wrote:

i stand corrected.
Edit time?
when i get around to it.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6701|New York

R3v4n wrote:

sonneillon wrote:

It basically is a mod. A very good fuckin mod that's worth paying for because it brings so much to the table that it might as well be a different game in its own. Just look at counter-strike for example. It started out as a mod and eventually became a full blown different game. This is the same scenario...only instead of random people making it, it's being developed by professionals.
Exactly
Welp, Some if not most of the modders are Better than the professionals IMO. Just look at some of the BF2 mods, There More like the way the game should have been released in the first place. Im sure The NON professional Modders will fix 2142 for EA and DICE also. Problem is, Without RANK, noone will play the Real game.
Septimius2
+9|6468

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Welp...
holy crap! i thought all my life that I was the only one who says that!

dam.. all that time growing up and striving to be unique...
Cursed You
+64|6587|Idaho
stryyker is a god.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85

Cursed You wrote:

stryyker is a god.
Well...duh
EarlOfBronze
A Wolf Among Lambs
+19|6520

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Stryyker wins.
yesh

bf2142 has a different exe, and you have to install the whole thing, therefore not a mod
I understand bf2142 will be a seperate .exe, but you could make SF a seperate .exe, even though it works just fine in the BF2/mods directory. I don't understand the fundamental difference between 2142 and a mod, I thought that basically the definition of a game was its engine and what was done with the engine, though you could alter what was done with the engine through mods.
Going by ur definition that would make quakewars a mod of Doom 3 since it runs on the Doom 3 engine.
And that would mean HL2 and CSS are just mods since they both run on the source engine.
Many different games reuse the same engine, does that make them mods? NO!
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85

EarlOfBronze wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

yesh

bf2142 has a different exe, and you have to install the whole thing, therefore not a mod
I understand bf2142 will be a seperate .exe, but you could make SF a seperate .exe, even though it works just fine in the BF2/mods directory. I don't understand the fundamental difference between 2142 and a mod, I thought that basically the definition of a game was its engine and what was done with the engine, though you could alter what was done with the engine through mods.
Going by ur definition that would make quakewars a mod of Doom 3 since it runs on the Doom 3 engine.
And that would mean HL2 and CSS are just mods since they both run on the source engine.
Uhhh, yeah. I've never played Doom or quake, but CS:S and HL2 are pretty much the same thing to me. CS:S just takes CS skins, modded weapons, and adds some weapons, but nothing about it is anything completely new. I even uses many items from HL2 laying around on the maps. I do understand that mods can be very good, look at POE for gos sakes, but why are they devoting all their time to giving us a new game that does have the same engine when many people can't run BF2 right.
EarlOfBronze
A Wolf Among Lambs
+19|6520

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

EarlOfBronze wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Uhhh, yeah. I've never played Doom or quake, but CS:S and HL2 are pretty much the same thing to me. CS:S just takes CS skins, modded weapons, and adds some weapons, but nothing about it is anything completely new. I even uses many items from HL2 laying around on the maps. I do understand that mods can be very good, look at POE for gos sakes, but why are they devoting all their time to giving us a new game that does have the same engine when many people can't run BF2 right.
Game engines are reused all over the place. Theres loads of older games based on the quake engine. The engine is usually non-game related. It just tends to handle things like how the game renders 3D and how it handles textures. hence why games that run on the same engine look the same. All the gameplay elements such as the AI, the physics, the controls, the animation, oh hell theres too many to list, are all seperate from the engine.

Take cars as an example. U have 2 cars with the same engine. The engine runs the car. Yet u cant say both cars are the same. U've gotta take into account the suspension, the steering system, the brakes, u get the idea. Its a similar thing with games.

Last edited by EarlOfBronze (2006-08-29 06:05:56)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
its not a mod when you have to pay for it
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
smacktardthefirst
+30|6584|Good ol' Canada
I like to TEAM KILL!
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6477|Communist Republic of CA, USA
I'm so sick of all these people who can't get their facts right... Add me

[CF]Nightstalker
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6529|Belgium

Canadian_Sniper_X wrote:

Very well said. I couldn't agree with you more.
Its a statement of fact, not an opinion
Defiance
+438|6670

iPoon.be wrote:

Canadian_Sniper_X wrote:

Very well said. I couldn't agree with you more.
Its a statement of fact, not an opinion
That doesn't mean that agreeing with it is impossible.

Accept the compliment, don't be a twit
mecky
+3|6433|Perth, Australia
cheers stryker

hmmm...just wondering....does ne1 know who developed the desert combat mod for bf1942?
samfink
+31|6555
so now EA OWN DICE, who do we blame now?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard