Is BF2 dying off?

yes23%23% - 19
no63%63% - 52
?13%13% - 11
Total: 82
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6524
i was just wondering if the game is starting to die off or not. my clan leader thinks that it is but i really dont. let me see you guy's opinion on this.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6754
No, it's like separation process. More dedicated people will stay, adapt, and overcome. My opinion.

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-07-19 12:13:13)

xXGamingBugXx
+30|6544
Strange thing to put on a BF2S forum
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6599|Seattle

OMG IG, NO! It's just getting better I still see tons of full servers. Blackhawk Down is dying. BF2 will live for at least another year I would imagine. There aren't any other comperable games out there for people to stray off to yet.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
gazzie
Pulls out gun, Watch him run
+39|6724|England
It could be dying off people are getting too pissed off with patch 1.3 due to all of its problems i know i am but because I'm a stats whore i just carry on playing it i finally reached in the top 10000 wootage

Last edited by gazzie (2006-07-19 12:14:58)

Brasso
+1,549|6632

No, just the booster packs are...
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Ryker
+13|6506
No, and will people stop wasting space writing these.  There are laods all with the same answer. BF2 isnt dying hnce the reason why there are over 2000 servers.
Meggido
+7|6649
I voted no, but strictly speaking, I think BF2 is over the hill. By that I mean that I don't see anything new coming for it before BF 2142 (got that right?) and the player population is diminishing, in my opinion.

Also, I don't think any of the major bugs will ever be fixed (DICE seems fixated in adding useless "features") so people bothered by those issues will drift sooner than later.

Last edited by Meggido (2006-07-19 12:17:45)

Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6681|Broadlands, VA
I thought it was until I checked out game-monitor.  However, I'd expect Dice to release patch 1.4 for stability, patch 1.5 to fix various long standing bugs (red-tag, awards not being awarded and such) then that's it.

But that's my HO.
topthrill05
+125|6579|Rochester NY USA

King_County_Downy wrote:

OMG IG, NO! It's just getting better I still see tons of full servers. Blackhawk Down is dying. BF2 will live for at least another year I would imagine. There aren't any other comperable games out there for people to stray off to yet.
It's amazing that BHD hasn't died yet. Although I loved that game.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6599|Seattle

Ryker wrote:

No, and will people stop wasting space writing these.  There are laods all with the same answer. BF2 isnt dying hnce the reason why there are over 2000 servers.
Um yeah, call it a check-up. Old threads about this (if they really exist) wouldn't be relevent since they're OLD threads. Don't click on the link if you don't want to see it. kthnks
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6721|Las Vegas
Tapering off?  Yes.  The game has been out over a year now, it's to be expected as people move on to other games.  Dying off?  Nah, it's here to stay for quite some time.  I rarely play anymore but I'm sure I'll be around for awhile.
taxi2you
+22|6646|Missouri
I think it has slowed down a bit, but I think it is due to the summer time and no one is staying home to play.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6655

topthrill05 wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

has Task Force Dagger died yet?
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
GUNNYCWT
+3|6494|Jacksonville NC
Last I checked it was Summer! Maybe everyones heading to the beach to play out side?
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6754

GUNNYCWT wrote:

Last I checked it was Summer! Maybe everyones heading to the beach to play out side?
word
KtotheIMMY
+513|6765
I'm sure some people have moved on with their lives
Rimbo
+1|6574|Inside ur armpit.
Lo boys new here so plz be nice,since the 1.3 with all the crashes im kinda not playing as much coz i know as soon as i hit a ton points booom server dies and so does all the work i just put in,im not a good player so it isnt easy getting a good score,cheers Rimbo.

Last edited by Rimbo (2006-07-19 12:23:58)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

multigaming ftw.. and by multi i mean one... and by gaming i mean bf2
Rimbo
+1|6574|Inside ur armpit.
Still a great game btw.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6752|Chicago.

KtotheIMMY wrote:

I'm sure some people have moved on with their lives
Agreed, but there are also more players joining up in the "ranks".

I believe that the game is thriving. Its an instant classic. It'll never die.
Full Sail
+3|6496

SargeV1.4 wrote:

topthrill05 wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

OMG IG, NO! It's just getting better I still see tons of full servers. Blackhawk Down is dying. BF2 will live for at least another year I would imagine. There aren't any other comparable games out there for people to stray off to yet.
has Task Force Dagger died yet?
Woah..we're referencing Delta Force: BHD? Wow, I installed that a few days ago when I was disenchanted with a few other singleplayer games..and never bothered to check the multiplayer community out ..thought it was long deceased. Oh well.

And on the subject of bf2 dying. I have to say, a game such as Battlefield 2, with so many developing mods, expansions, etc and a game with so much potential and audience, it shall take quite a while for it to even begin dying. Take soldier of fortune two for instance -released in 2002 yet it's community is still very active, albeit, on life support, but nonetheless, quite vibrant. I'm sure there are far greater examples..hell, such as cs 1.6. BF2 has a long way to go.
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6677|Moscow, Russia
I only play BF2 once in a while now...I guess you know the reason why. The reason starts with number "one" and ends with number "three" with a little annoying point in the middle.
I got a new 160GB HDD so I decided to install the good old Max Payne and finally have some fun running around shooting bad guys with 2 Beretta pistols. And after I passed it once, I installed the best mod for it, Kung-Fu 3.0, and started kicking ass with cool fighting moves.
That's a lot more fun than "enjoying" crashes, lag, and "verifying client data" in BF2 imho.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85
EF and AF are dieing (well, EF is dead) but BF2 and SF are still going strong.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard