Poll

The norm should be 'attacking uncaps is allowed' (Discuss)

I agree, attacking uncaps should usually allowed.70%70% - 263
I disagree, attacking uncaps should be frowned upon.29%29% - 111
Total: 374
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6698|Antarctica

Ether151 wrote:

War is war, yeah I know this is a game, but I believe that as long as your not glitching, or hacking, or using c4 to blow your self to the top of a building, then what your doing is OK.  I have been on both sides, the one attacking the base and the one being attacked.  Yeah it suck being on the receiving end but like I said above its war.
I agree, there is nothing wrong with attacking uncaps.  Unfortunately, noobs must create artificial rules to protect themselves from good players because they do not have a firm grasp on the game.  I don't like getting killed as much as the next guy, but I will adapt and overcome to defeat the opposition.  APC in your main base? spawn AT and kill it.  Chopper circling your flag?  Find an AA gun and blast him out of the sky.  Getting spawn killed?  Spawn somewhere else.  Its not rocket science.  The only possible argument I can see against the whole spawnkill/baserape/etc discussion is, "well my team is bad so we need to make it more fair."  Get some skills and play as a team instead of complaining and you might realize how stupid 'no baserape' rules are.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

i like spawnblocking and then knifing everyone that spawns infront of me... good times
Sea_JayUK
+19|6515|Notts

stryyker wrote:

i like spawnblocking and then knifing everyone that spawns infront of me... good times
*Sigh*
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

Sea_JayUK wrote:

stryyker wrote:

*Sigh*
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6634|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

stryyker wrote:

Sea_JayUK wrote:

stryyker wrote:

*Sigh*
if they dont like it.. they'll spawn elsewhere..

unless they're on of them smurf types..

they enjoy repeated knifings like a fetish.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

spawnofthemist wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Sea_JayUK wrote:

*Sigh*
And it only costs you 13 cents an hour.
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6669|Ft. Drum, NY

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

should be allowed.... since the other team is so weak they allowed their enemies to take all flags and move on their main base...
yeah but when you just join the server and your usmc on wake and a j-10 is pounding  you in the ass, it kinda sucks...oh well ftw go ahead and rape those carriers they have  a big gun for somethin.
GR34
+215|6537|ALBERTA> CANADA
on oman i always make a point of shooting my cannon when i fly over the enemy air field i get 1 or 2 kills on the n00bs who are wating 4 planes but i dont go all out and bomb it or get planes when thay are taking off i waight till thay get off the ground then kill em
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6743|the middle of nowhere
Yes you should be able to attack them. That is why the commander assests are destroyable.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6558|England

One thing that confuses me, is that even in the BF2 manual if refers to "base raping" (I actually read it last night...I was really bored!).
It says, and I quote:

"Try using your artillery strike to attack an enemy commanders artillery!" (P13 if you are interested).

Now, Im curious about this. The arty on most maps, is in the uncappable. So whats wrong with a commander dropping arty on an uncappable, if the BF2 manual says you can put it on their arty anyway?

Although, I do agree that Arty on the carrier on any map is not on - it just ruins the whole map.

Last edited by Snake (2006-07-17 14:40:57)

iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6538
I'd rather wait for 5 people to jump in a blackhawk and shoot it down. Arty is ok but spawn raping the uncap with jets is similar to waking up in the morning and somebody is already standing on your chest with a chainsaw.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6816|St. Louis, MO
Safe zones are for pussies.I can dish it out as well as take a base rapping.Anything with a red tag dies wherever they may be.
alpinestar
+304|6588|New York City baby.
This is the stupidest fucking rule ever made in battlefield 2 community
doxy
+74|6783|Nevis
sky is the limit

//EDIT
Post Scriptum
i am/was stoned

Last edited by doxy (2006-07-17 16:22:27)

Rocks_AT
+0|6741
1. Most maps have players starting out with no flags capped. Kubra is death for the American side because the entrances are so bottlenecked it would take 2 copters and 2 tanks to pretty much stop the match from the get go. Wake is the same god damn way.

2. Sure it may make sense in a strategic setting but as far as being any testiment to skill (and thus deserving of points) goes out the door when you just sit in a spot and steal their vehicles and kill them as they spawn.

So.. I'm going to say this>  There should be uncap raping, but you shouldn't get any points what so ever for it. Nor should they lose any.
Defiance
+438|6663

My clan servers policy is this: Once all the flags are capped by one team, the other teams base is up for grabs. Until then, you may only enter for these reasons:

1) Stealing a vehicle and then leaving. Don't whore the base with said vehicle.
2) Destroying cmdr assets.

I figure it like this: If you're team is so disorganized you lose all the flags, it shouldn't matter if they base rape because hey! you're not getting anywhere either way.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6583|Reisterstown, MD

Why do people cry and whine when they get spawn raped?  These lame "don't shoot me while I am in my base pretty please" is pretty gay in my book.  If you don't like getting raped, don't play the game.  Stop being girls hiding behind gay rules such as don't rape an uncapp base..jeez.
TangsterChinkz
Banned
+14|6562|Pwning u n00bs
Base raping uncaps FTW!!!!

Because, Lets say Wake....Your not goner be in a vehicle and circle the runway or the flag till the enemy get to u!!!!
Canadianinvasion
.:The D€S€RŦ ]V[ǾŲ∩Ŧ€€:.
+6|6636|Behind you with my knife

YoBabysDaddy wrote:

Safe zones are for pussies.I can dish it out as well as take a base rapping.Anything with a red tag dies wherever they may be.
amen
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6583|Reisterstown, MD

spawnofthemist wrote:

if they dont like it.. they'll spawn elsewhere..

unless they're on of them smurf types..

I refer to people who go to the same spot just to die a lemming.
voltage
+46|6833|Sweden
Just follow/accept the freaking server rules or leave the server.

Perhaps it would be best all uncaps were removed.
BVC
+325|6688
Its a matter of sportsmanship, really.  If your team has capped them out on Dalian 64, by all means go for it.  If, however, your team starts as Chinese on Wake, you just shouldn't be carrier-raping.
Raphael
Wtf Padders!! Padders!!!
+18|6613|Boston, Massachusetts
War is hell (in a video game sense)
You should be able to do what ever u plz
but tk thats just gay
TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6587|Las Vegas, NV USA
"Are you crying?!  There's no crying in BF2!!"

In other words, I'm all for attacking the uncaps.
T0xicboy
+4|6500|the grim and cold north.
For me it’s all a matter of play a game and to have fun when I’m on a public server.
On the other hand, in a clan match then it’s a War.

Too all of you that thinks it’s ok to rape a team that is so weak and disorganized so they have managed to loose all the flags and are pushed back into their uncap base.

Do you really think that next game on that server will be any different?
Most of the players on the loosing team will quit and find a new server, and your team of 32-p are up against 5 enemies next turn.
That will be a fun game, wouldn’t it?

Or if you have autobalance on, most of the enemy will quit as soon as they don’t think its fun anymore and then you will be moved to the other team.
And that would probably suck for you, most of the players I have meet that likes the idea of baseraping is only in it for the stats. It’s a cheap K/D booster, that doesn’t say anything about your actual skill.

I want a good game when I play, doesn’t really matter if I loose or win, as long as we are having fun.
Being raped is not fun and winning easy on ex. Wake is just plain BORING, it’s just all about waiting and holding your thumbs that the enemy will manage to take a flag.
I usually find a new server in circumstances like that.
I want a challenge.
The best games I have had are when both teams are pretty much equal, and play fair.

/Toxic

Last edited by T0xicboy (2006-07-19 05:49:47)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard