naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6554|Southampton, UK

Is it me or is it a bit obvious that SF was designed by Americans.
They totally overreacted about the british accent.
They may aswell change "Enemy Spotted" to "Fancy a Spot of Tea Lads?" or "Jolly Good Show" for "Well Done, Thanks"

Im British myself, if you haven't already noticed, and im sick of those damn americans (only the fascist ones) taking the god damn **** out of brits.

- please reply with your idea's. Will accept negative feedback from americans.
Des.Kmal
+917|6611|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Starlight To This Location!!!

I Need Reme To This Location!

Last edited by Des.Kmal (2006-07-15 11:11:04)

Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6586|Lexington, Kentucky
Huh? I'm British by blood, and I never seemed to mind it. But then, I love all sorts of British accents. I just wish EA hadn't settled on just the "in the presence of the Queen formal" accent. I mean, why not a good Northern Ireland accent, or a Scottish Highland accent too?

Pardon my insanity, I'm on Lortabs from having wisdom teeth dug out of my skull.
GreGorY.c.k
+1|6553
most army officers actually speak like that good sir! Deally bye old chap
LightMagic
Banned
+21|6655|Sheerness, UK
Jolly dee, what a good show. any one for a spot of croquet!.
jarhedch
+12|6663|Aberdeen, Uk, SF Bay Area 1st
as a yank living in britatin, i can totally sympathise with you noticing we still see britain thru "jolly ole' england" eyes, not knowing there are so many different accents in britain it's amazing. I've lived in the midlands (as afr south as Bedofrd, as far north as Crewe, and a lot of time in Brummie land in between), and scotland, which is where i am now, and i can very much understand your plight. Having said that, there are major stereotypes in britain about america it can really go both ways. I get insulted every time i get asked how many times i've been shot at becasue so many people here believe that us yanks are all gone totin' maniacs (yes, i  do own a rifle, and i enjoy shooting, but we are far from gun crazy.)  So, in short, i understand, and sympathize, but britain isn't without its share of similar steroetypes.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6700|67.222.138.85
As an American, I agree with you. After a little of that, I went and checked my "English VO Only" box.
The Last Black Winegum
Mmmm! Winegums
+52|6598|Lancashire, UK
Yeah...it's definitely a stereotypical view of a British accent,  but I think that's only so it's obvious to Americans and other's that it is supposed to be British.   My only regret is that IT IS a cliched accent, and IS NOT REAL.

If they had used ANY real British accent, then that would not be so bad, as then other nationalities could at least learn what some of us  really sound like.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6563|Portland, OR, USA
you have negative one karma.... wtfbbq?
Pop To Ster
Philosiraptor
+45|6525|Edmonds, WA
"wot wot"!!
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6586|Lexington, Kentucky
Perhaps EA should allow us to make our own Brit VOs?
Or release a better one in a patch?
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6647|Teesside, UK

knightnufer wrote:

i thought it was designed by DICE who are swedish.
Ryker
+13|6497
I'm British and I found it funny. Everyone makes fun of accents so it doesn't really matter, maybe they should put in a slightly less posh British accent but it doesn't really bother me.
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6647|Teesside, UK

Ryker wrote:

I'm British and I found it funny. Everyone makes fun of accents so it doesn't really matter, maybe they should put in a slightly less posh British accent but it doesn't really bother me.
yeah you don't really notice after you get used to the game.  At first it reminded me of RAF pilots in the old Black and white WW2 films.  Chocks away, what ho chaps.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6524
Enemy Starlight Spotted!

Yeah dunno the accents dont seem authentic but it gives me a good laugh.
Daz
+14|6511|Somalia
Yeah the voices suck but who gives a shit.

Socom 2 and 3 got english voices done great, a nice range of different region accents.

It puts me off playing SAS in a way, they totally lost their awesomeness.

Last edited by Daz (2006-07-15 13:06:05)

Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6677|West Yorkshire, U.K
' Command and control restored to TAC' lol i like it! it makes a change to activla musev
Microwave
_
+515|6648|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK

knightnufer wrote:

They may aswell change "Enemy Spotted" to "Fancy a Spot of Tea Lads?" or "Jolly Good Show" for "Well Done, Thanks"

Im British myself, if you haven't already noticed, and im sick of those damn americans (only the fascist ones) taking the god damn **** out of brits.
Yeah I agree...... i don't like the way they no NOTHING (from my limited experiences) about anywhere other than their continent.

My exchange student in high school said to me "i've been to Europe yeah, Africa."

^%*&^£"*&^"&*£!!  ARGH!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6713|California

DICE is located in Sweden and Canada. yell at them
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6698|Antarctica

stryyker wrote:

DICE is located in Sweden and Canada. yell at them
Yup.  Or get them to move the Canadian office to the U.S. and yell at us then 
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6635|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
personally i couldnt give a fuck.

its a voice set in a game.

and if they put in scouse, manx, cockney, geordie, welsh, northern irish, midlands, lowlands, scottish highlands, glaswegian, eastern scotland, hebridean, northern isles accents then people would just get fuckin confused.

queens english may be stereotyped... but its far bloody easier to understand..
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6504|Gold Coast
Its the bloody same with Australia. If Australia was in it they would have every second word "mate" and they would have bloody kangaroos jumping all around the street. Its not like that! GAH!! But Australia is too lazy to do anything, thats why the US is doing everything in Iraq. .

I hate fake accents. I want to punch the c***s in the face!
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
J=MAN
+25|6651|OZ
Well yes, the Pommy voices are pretty poxy, but it could be worse old son: you could be non-UK European, and thus be represented by the EU in Euro Forces! I was insulted by how their voices were done, and my family tree left Europe a couple of centuries ago!

And another thing: yes, it's a posh British accent, but is it not still a genuine British accent? That's better than what we Aussies ever get from the Yanks. Anytime they want an Aussie accent, they just get a bloody Yank voice actor who can't even bloody do anything within cooee of genuine ocker! Who cares if they piss us off - there's only 20 million of us.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6522|Global Command
British accents make me so horny.
Girls only, I clarify.
dubbs
+105|6625|Lexington, KY

knightnufer wrote:

- please reply with your idea's. Will accept negative feedback from americans.
I hope you are saying Americans as in people that live in North America.  SF was created by Canadians.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard