Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85
Ummm, why does everyone feel sorry for this guy? I haven't heard of anyone that I honestly believed that didn't violate the ROE get wiped. The fact is many people may not like the ROE and may violate minor aspects of it, including myself, but EA clearly put the rules up and has every right to wipe the accounts of people violating it. This guy probably got on a p/k server, and honestly thinks he didn't do anything wrong.
weird-kid
+2|6578|Middlesbrough, England
Sorry to hear that bro, but on a positive note, think how good your K/D ratio and accuracy etc are going to be if you start a new account, with all your experience!
I've thought about that many times but cant be arsed, i don't play enough.
misfire00
Lead Magnet
+26|6782|Charleston SC - USA
We want to thank you for your cooperation in this matter and hope that you continue to support fair and safe game play.
Thank you for writing us,

"Safe game play" What the hell do they mean by that? Like don't fall out of your computer chair and bang your head?
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6747|Mexico City
Tell us the truth man,
Did you Cheated, stat padded, lived on K/P servers ?
You are already reset. you have nothing to lose.
MrE`158
+103|6624

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Ummm, why does everyone feel sorry for this guy? I haven't heard of anyone that I honestly believed that didn't violate the ROE get wiped. The fact is many people may not like the ROE and may violate minor aspects of it, including myself, but EA clearly put the rules up and has every right to wipe the accounts of people violating it. This guy probably got on a p/k server, and honestly thinks he didn't do anything wrong.
I wholly agree that if he was padding he should be wiped.  But I have to say that I don't like the idea that EA can tell someone "we have evidence of you cheating", and then refuse to show you that evidence.

Nobody's infallible, not even the Almighty High Judges of Electronic Arts.  Evidence of padding could be falsified by some jerk with a grudge.  What looks suspicious could be the result of randomness or accident. 

My point is that shit happens.  Sometimes, it's very weird shit indeed.  If I were to be accused of something, I'd like to at least be able to see why I'm being accused, so I have a chance of defending myself.

If the OP was stat-padding, then fuck 'em, let him hang.  But if a mistake has been made and he's been reset in error, then the 'evidence' should at least be available to him to allow him to point out where that error is.
Flaming_Maniac

MrE`158 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I wholly agree that if he was padding he should be wiped.  But I have to say that I don't like the idea that EA can tell someone "we have evidence of you cheating", and then refuse to show you that evidence.

Nobody's infallible, not even the Almighty High Judges of Electronic Arts.  Evidence of padding could be falsified by some jerk with a grudge.  What looks suspicious could be the result of randomness or accident. 

My point is that shit happens.  Sometimes, it's very weird shit indeed.  If I were to be accused of something, I'd like to at least be able to see why I'm being accused, so I have a chance of defending myself.

If the OP was stat-padding, then fuck 'em, let him hang.  But if a mistake has been made and he's been reset in error, then the 'evidence' should at least be available to him to allow him to point out where that error is.
True dat true dat. They definitely should have shown him the evidence against him, though if that evidence showed who turned him in, that could get nasty in some cases...

However, EA doesn't take this stuff lightly. I tried turning some guys in that were using the Hotel glitch, beautiful screenshots and all, but they wouldn't take it because I didn't know what server it was on.
N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6523

THA wrote:

[HSS]The_EroTiK wrote:

What are you thinking about that ?
sucks to be you
Words to live by. xD Too bad you got reset if they dont reply then fuck them fuck EA fuck their games and just go get another game to play. Or you can send endless hate letters from new email accounts to EA until they give you your stats back and/or start a petition and sign it 50000 times yourself and hope they do something.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6631|Washington, DC

Electonic Komando wrote:

You've cheated so don't blame EA for Your obvious fault. You could think about Your 10000000000  points before droping those bombs on uncap. That's about it.
Yeah... no. Baseraping isn't a violation of the ROE.
theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6613|balls
i'd tell EA to give me my Fucking Refund First and foremost for being punished like a child for playing a game that I paid fucking $50 (vanilla only!)for.   Then I would boycott EA forever and find another game.  1000 hours and this is what they do.  Fuck off EA with your bullshit rules, patches, and everything else.  God they make it out like your cheating to get paid or something, who gives a fuck, its  a game.
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6581|England
R.O.E is for people that cant handle the game tbh .its like "please dont base rape because iam shit and i cant work within a team to get out of spawn"

Or the "Dont steal are vechiles we are useless without them,we dont even think of useing AT or Spec Ops to take them out because we are thick"

I think E.A need fucking in the ass for resetting people its a game it means nothing in real life if n00bs get upset about others stats fuck-em .

Rant Over

Oh btw watch the guys over at TOP clan thats what teamwork is all about .I used to hate the lil buggers but i went on a server the other day and watched in awe at there team display simply great to watch .

Iam sorry for you loseing points m8 the R.O.E sucks i hope you get them back because although in time you can get those points again if you can be arsed but those hours you will not .
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6521

theknuck wrote:

i'd tell EA to give me my Refund First and foremost for being punished like a child for playing a game that I paid $50 for.
If you get 1000 hours out of something for $50, I would say you still came out ahead.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

lifes a bitch
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6531|Boston, MA

SEREMAKER wrote:

that sucks dude - I like how they put "unfair advantage" unless you are using a glitch or using a hack - I don't see what an unfair advantage is, what having a few ribbons and medals will put you at a better advantage then everyone else
The unfair advantage is you being first in line for commander and you get gun unlocks faster.
SoC./Omega
+122|6542|Omaha, Nebraska!
man that sucks, EA shouldnt care about the rules to the game. Look at almost all other games, do they have rules to them? no. so why should EA be first? you cant tell someone how to play a game that they payed money for.
Flaming_Maniac

SoC./Omega wrote:

man that sucks, EA shouldnt care about the rules to the game. Look at almost all other games, do they have rules to them? no. so why should EA be first? you cant tell someone how to play a game that they payed money for.
Because this game is alot more complicated than just running around with guns.
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6560|The real world
hah ur epenis just got cut off by ea, back to being a female again
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6509
Its funny if u just go to the top ranks in k/d knife you'll find the biggest padders in the world there....but hey EA is too lazy and idiotic to realize that

Thanks EA!
rootbeer73
+24|6586|in a small dark place

simon wrote:

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

travisb05 wrote:

CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6509
p.s. i think ea is the biggest bunch of fuckheads that should let us big boys settle it instead of them telling us to go take a time out if we do something wrong
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6557|Kent, UK
i know the ROE kinda suck, but they're basically there to protect everyone else's gameplay too, if there weren't ROE then the game would be FULL of padders, glitchers, cheaters, hackers etc and that would just suck for anyone who wants to play the game properly. maybe they should have hack/cheat/glitch/padding servers where you can do that shit as much as you like with a stats system totally seperate from the normal, honest players stats.
THAT would keep everyone happy

GOD, i surprise myself with my brilliance sometimes!!!!!
alpinestar
+304|6597|New York City baby.
3 letters L O L
stat padder, Just joking I can't think of any reason other than knife/pistol server

Last edited by alpinestar (2006-07-14 14:13:06)

mad scotsman
+177|6609|scotland

travisb05 wrote:

TheEqualizer wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6550|UK

Tell em ur daddy (Johny Tapia) will chop there balls off if they dont give em back, honestly though, moan enough and they will give you them back.  I think I am right in saying, didnt firestorm get his wiped, and he got his score back.  Others arent so lucky, nastie_butler was in the leader board at the begining, and he has been reset like 3 times.  New games are coming soon m8, go get laid  and smoke a joint

Last edited by Bell (2006-07-14 16:03:37)

riz
+0|6543
Lol, he's playing on a pistol/knife server right now, but playing on them servers hardly warrants a stats-wipe, does it?
Daysniper
+42|6636
I think this calls for a Battlefield 2 Constitution.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused player shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public/unranked trial, by a jury of players of equal or lower rank on the server wherein the alleged crime shall have been committed, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation, to be provided evidence for the accusation, and if unjust punishment is committed, compensation for all done;the right to be confronted by the witnesses and Admins against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of impartial players for his defense.

Last edited by Daysniper (2006-07-14 16:41:05)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard