Alleycat1969
+21|6727
Soldiers Listen up ! I need some good Intel

Due to having my ass kicked by clans that use teamspeak I have decided to join the walk and talk bregade!
You in the back Stand to attention when i is talking > This is a matter of national game security ;all informtion on this page will kept anonomous..

Now the information I require is what fucken programe is the best to use ?? Hmmmm  bandwidth and quality ease of installation ?

I have only ever used the in game voice over I.P but nobody ever used it ?? (hardly)

Now get to it soldiers I need a answeer before 21:00 local time , over and out !!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

metal1215
+18|6615|Varsseveld, Netherlands
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6755|Perth, Western Australia
I use vent, only because the voice quality is better, and also because TS screws up my bf2 and gives me massive ping spikes
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6500

vent FTW
-=>cSc<=-*KoE*cT|
+5|6546|The Netherlands

metal1215 wrote:

teamspeak

www.goteamspeak.com
never tryed something else :p, to me it doesn't screw up my ping.

Last edited by -=>cSc<=-*KoE*cT| (2006-07-10 03:33:44)

CommandoRog
+10|6654|USA
I use TS and Skype,but it seems to me that Skype makes me lag more.
Microwave
_
+515|6625|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
TS all the way, so easy to use.

Skype causes more lag and lower frame rates because it is a more demanding, dedicated VOIP software not designed for gaming.

Hope this helps.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6679|th3 unkn0wn
Skype FTW!!! Skype PWNS U ALL!!!
4_Phucsache
Property of BF2s©
+112|6552|Brisbane Australia

metal1215 wrote:

teamspeak

www.goteamspeak.com
QFE
vassili
+66|6493
TS ftw
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6665|Mountains of West Virginia
TS user here. I like the fact that there is no latency at all when someone says "Watch out!" for example. I get voice latency in Vent.
R2MB0
+1|6483|Poland
I using Skype sometimes but preffer TS
Alleycat1969
+21|6727
Well Soldiers this seems that you all use varying programs to perform operational duties,

so I am still not sure what program will give me optimal performance :: What speed broadband do you have ? is lag apprent when using these programs ?

Roger,Roger ,out..untill nighfall..
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6550|England
Vent is best for voice quiltiy

Teamspeak is better imho (no lag spikes for me)

Skpye is the shits only max 4 users i think

Voip is very poor but it is handy on servers if somebody joins your squad and  i can give them the teamspeak details .
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6664|Howell, Mi USA
Smoke signals work best, no lag spikes.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Spartanops21
+10|6587|U.S.A, NY
^^lol^^
i go wit ts2. since vent has better sound quality, its more demanding in terms of bandwith. i go with teamspeak because it uses less resources. i dont mind voice quality as long as i can hear the person and vice/versa

Last edited by Spartanops21 (2006-07-10 08:46:37)

Brasso
+1,549|6600

Teamspeak.  Xfire is decent but not as easy to use.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2006-07-10 08:47:33)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6490
TS, but I have both just in case.
he_who_says_zonk
+17|6690
Really? I get massive lag when im sending smoke signals, one time the lag was so bad that the blanket caught on fire, which really confused the smoke message i had been sending, which was "enemy spotted". "enemy spottemslxwah"? what the hell could that mean? Then I passed out from smoke inhalation.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6497|Belgium

smoke signals!
I use ventrilo AND TS (not at the same time). With ventrilomix (I have version 0.5 now) you have both at once, pretty easy.
Special_ops_3
Dolphin Diver
+37|6479|The Sky
Have both Vent and Teamspeak. But I use Teamspeak more. Find it easyer to use.
Ben>You
+90|6496
It's different for everyone, go and get:

Teamspeak RC2: Goteamspeak.com
Ventrilo: Ventrilo.com

Pro's and Con's:

Teamspeak may or may not lag your battlefield 2, I'm not sure why but it depends on who's running it, nothing else. not even your computer specs (my clanmate has 6 gigs of ram and can't run TS and BF2 at the same time, too much lag. however, i have a computer that's half of his and i can run it fine) TS is reliable, and it doesnt cost much for a server.

Ventrilo may be harder for those who are new to it to get used to, I know I had a touch time transitioning from TS to Vent, but once you get past that, you're golden. Again, doesnt cost much for a server, although some people might not prefer vent because of insane lag spikes that occur, pings that top 12k and so on.

Skype: A great benefit of Skype, for those clans that don't have a big ol' piggybank, is that it's free to create a "server" (in Skype's case, it's called a Conference, and you can have up to Ten people in it.) There is less lag (aka your words are heard and recieved faster) and it's very simple to use. However, some downfalls of the program are that you cannot mute your microphone, there arent different "channels" for users to go into like w/ Vent and TS, and there is no "Push to Talk". Also, about 10% of all calls you make with skype, are going to be unbearably laggy and slowed.

D/L them all, they're all free. Try them out, and see which you like best.

My personal opinion?

VOIP In-Game.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6501
Teamspeak FTW. So what if vent has better voice quality ima tell you right now the TS 27.9 Speedex codec is plenty. It also uses a lot less resources then vent. Its interference is also a lot better then vent. Some people prefer vent but for me its something that can go trough a bit more work.
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6529|The real world
ventrilo, evil binds ftw:

James has aids
Terror has aids
James sucks monkeyballs
Fuck you, gothic

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard