Mustang99
+9|6525
But with the advances in todays warfare why don't the rounds go exactly were the crosshair is pointing?

that is because the shot are designed to cover a decently wide area but still hit the target (choppers usually fly low) plus the recoil of the MG might affect it

Also listen to the sound in the first (3 seconds maybe) and tell me what that sounds like to you......

Last edited by Mustang99 (2006-06-28 10:47:46)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

andy12 wrote:

Well i thought it was cool anyway.

But with the advances in todays warfare why don't the rounds go exactly were the crosshair is pointing?
we have modern military advancements but you still gotta deal with physics.  it aint the deathstar.  but yeah, that shit sucks but I guess all I could say is that its a sad part of war.  the dead hajis that is.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-06-28 10:50:27)

cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6697|NJ
Not to change the subject, but who wants to build the dealth star with me, and crush the rebelion?
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6632|New Hampshire, USA
My dad's best freind who just got back from iraq showed me this video on his laptop.  He also had one of a C-130 doing passes over an enemy base and then blowing it to hell.

Edit:  He also told me that this helicopter was about a mile away and these guys had no idea wtf just happened to them.

Last edited by -=]NS[=-Eagle (2006-06-28 10:56:51)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6560|The real world
They didnt do anything?
NZWAR
+9|6597

JahManRed wrote:

Why did they have to execute the wounded guy who was obviously incapacitated, he posed no threat. I downloaded a high rez version of that video and read the inquest findings, and you can see these guys are ploughing a field in a tractor and the other truck is a grain truck and the pickup is full of tools to repair the broken down tractor. (According to US military.) The excuse for killing these men? One of them had an AK47. They were miles from any American ground troops. The AK was for personal protection, probably from insurgents. These people were out trying make a living for their families, who now have no providers, fathers, husbands......... That wasn't BF2 FFS. Not cool.
why do you think it was posted in the not bf2 section
JahManRed
wank
+646|6629|IRELAND

77th|Christensen wrote:

And truly, why do they need to use such a high caliber automatic weapon from the apache to take them out?
30 mm cannon I believe.

Yeah they asked them that question at the inquest. It was the smallest weapon on that thing

""""A senior Army official who viewed the tape said the pilots had the legal right to kill the men because they were carrying a weapon. He said there were no ground troops in the area and if the Apache pilots had let the three Iraqis go, the men might have gone on to kill American troops.

Keane agreed. "Those weapons were obviously not being pointed at them in particular, but they [the three Iraqis] are using those weapons in their minds for lethal means and they [the Apache pilots] have a right to interfere with that," he said.2""""

Last edited by JahManRed (2006-06-28 13:54:58)

legionair
back to i-life
+336|6624|EU

*no comments* sad
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6523|Istanbul-Turkey
that kills were just wild and coward...

and if you look carefully one of them was running like a child because he/she jumps while running.

Last edited by Ottomania (2006-06-28 14:18:19)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

duk0r wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

I amy have missed something that informed me of this, but how do we know it was an Apache? I din't really see anything to suggest that it was, and I would have thought they would have heard an Apache straight away. I figured it was more something like an AC 130.
Apache.
I don't think a AC-130 could hover in one spot and fire a 60 cal and hit their target in a few seconds from a few thousand feet.
Yeah I guess. I figured more that they were zoomed from a distance, so they appeared to be hovering.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

ghettoperson wrote:

duk0r wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

I amy have missed something that informed me of this, but how do we know it was an Apache? I din't really see anything to suggest that it was, and I would have thought they would have heard an Apache straight away. I figured it was more something like an AC 130.
Apache.
I don't think a AC-130 could hover in one spot and fire a 60 cal and hit their target in a few seconds from a few thousand feet.
Yeah I guess. I figured more that they were zoomed from a distance, so they appeared to be hovering.
yeah it was pretty far, its still pretty accurate
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

ive seen this footage in its entireiy (via a military buddy)

they were planting an IED, so the report says
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6547
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
NZWAR
+9|6597
i only post what i find, and people can make their own choices about it,
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

stryyker wrote:

in that case i hope they still survived and lil peices of their corpses are still animate and the only thing that works are the pain recptors.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

stryyker wrote:

in that case i hope they still survived and lil peices of their corpses are still animate and the only thing that works are the pain recptors.
lets see, the first guy shot was blown to fuck, 2nd guy was dismembered, and the dude under the truck was splattered 20 feet in every direction, i say GG to that gunner, IEDs make baby jesus cry
MurPHy
+9|6573|West Deptford, NJ

stryyker wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

stryyker wrote:

lets see, the first guy shot was blown to fuck, 2nd guy was dismembered, and the dude under the truck was splattered 20 feet in every direction, i say GG to that gunner, IEDs make American soldier's mothers cry.
Fixed for truth. Fuck them hajis. You don't go plowing fields in pitch black, they were up to no good.
Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6604|Philadelphia, PA
Ya know there's probably a lot more to this video then we can see. Do you think it's at least possible that the three people in this video were seen digging up the ground by the Apache pilots, then it was relayed what they were seeing to their commanders and the what we've seen in the video was the getting permission the shoot the suspects. And besides that first guy that got shot first looked like he was walking across a street not a field.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge (2006-06-28 21:26:46)

Capt. Foley
+155|6589|Allentown, PA, USA

andy12 wrote:

Probably because when your firing a 30mm cannon from a hovering helicopter at 500rpm+ you cant keep the helo exatly still....
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

Capt. Foley wrote:

andy12 wrote:

Probably because when your firing a 30mm cannon from a hovering helicopter at 500rpm+ you cant keep the helo exatly still....
word.

a helicopter by its nature, is an unstable platform.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6624|Camp XRay

here is the full version of the video, may clear a few things up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i41Vquv … mp;search=

and in case you think that all of this was still unjustified look at what they are doing to our troops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mavI8HNy … mp;search=

Last edited by Marlboroman82 (2006-06-28 21:51:08)

https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Zilla
Killa of threads
+122|6643|7th level of hell

Angel.C-sq wrote:

Some ''heroes''.
these "SOME HEROS" are FUCKING DIEING DAILY to protect your STUPID ASS FREEDOMS. you pussy anti-war cockholes want to bitch and moan about how the war is wrong and we shouldn't be over there. FUCK YOU. I could give 2 shits about the war or the political reasons that US troops are overseas LOOSING THEIR LIFES. those men are DEFENDING the freedom we have as US citizens. FUCK THE WAR. FUCK THE POLITICS. SUPPORT OUR FUCKING TROOPS.
Home
Section.80
+447|6849|Seattle, Washington, USA

Zilla wrote:

Angel.C-sq wrote:

Some ''heroes''.
these "SOME HEROS" are FUCKING DIEING DAILY to protect your STUPID ASS FREEDOMS. you pussy anti-war cockholes want to bitch and moan about how the war is wrong and we shouldn't be over there. FUCK YOU. I could give 2 shits about the war or the political reasons that US troops are overseas LOOSING THEIR LIFES. those men are DEFENDING the freedom we have as US citizens. FUCK THE WAR. FUCK THE POLITICS. SUPPORT OUR FUCKING TROOPS.
That's the thing. They aren't dying to protect my freedom. It is sad that they are dying, but Iraq is not, and never was, dangerous to my freedom.

Last edited by Homeschtar (2006-06-28 22:23:39)

Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6523|Istanbul-Turkey
they were dying for petrol too!
PRiMACORD
+190|6626|Home of the Escalade Herds

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

This one is way better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrnQE2WbhGE
roflmao

Getting it in a convertible with a 30mm cannon pointed at you, thats one for the list

About the OPs video. It's hard to say, it is war and they were acting suspicious. Is that reason to gib them to shit? I can't say, i don't have enough information, none of you do tbh.

It's easy to say what they did was murder and just plain wrong but in the end, you're opinion is not based on all the facts, just a 1 minute long video. I'm not defending what they did, i'm just saying i have no opinion either way and i'll never put one forth without all the facts.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard