Poll

Should the sniper rifles be accurate/have crosshairs when unscoped?

Yes, as accurate as they are scoped(with crosshairs)9%9% - 22
Yes, as accurate as they are scoped(without crosshairs)9%9% - 22
More accurate, but not as good as scoped18%18% - 41
No, they're fine as they are33%33% - 75
No, they should be less accurate4%4% - 10
I like cheese23%23% - 53
Other (will post)1%1% - 3
Total: 226
Slink
+17|6731
Maybe less accurate, but not what we have now while unscoped.  And no crosshairs.

Just think...why is the sniper rifle only even partially accurate if you happen to be looking at the scope?  Someone said above that it would jsut make YOU more accurate, not the rifle, which is right.  Plus, we can fire PKMs dead accurate from the hip   And I hefted a PKM, it's pretty heavy.  It wasn't even loaded.

As for the use of the scope...5x zoom sounds fine enough to me
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6608

BolvisOculus wrote:

you know you kinda set up for a bunch of spam posts by having I like cheese as an option
LOL, I know...

Jenspm wrote:

I like cheese

King_County_Downy wrote:

I like tater-tots

RDMC(2) wrote:

I like cheese

Cbass wrote:

i like cheese
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6616|MANCHESTERRR
haha look at everyone thinkin they are cool clicking "I Like Cheese" I Clciked that, rofl
Longbow
+163|6680|Odessa, Ukraine
Nyte , you're arrogant moron . You are not a god , remember this . You're lucky that lots of European players have high ping to US servers .
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6608

Longbow wrote:

Nyte , you're arrogant moron . You are not a god , remember this . You're lucky that lots of European players have high ping to US servers .
owned
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6754|California

Nyte, you arent invincible, i can kill you with a RPK any day of the month except mondays

Last edited by stryyker (2006-05-17 14:29:57)

Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6786

stryyker wrote:

Nyte, you arent invincible, i can kill you with a RPK any day of the month except
mondays
It's OK, I can take care of him on mondays.

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-05-17 15:02:52)

Sorrenart
+0|6644
Take a glass-safe erasable marker and put a dot where your scoped crosshair is. Instant unscoped xhair!

It's fairly accurate, about as accurate on the first shot as any other gun.

The real accuracy from the sniper rifles comes from the .01 and .005 scope modifiers -- so you'll have to do without those by definition.
Rizen_Ji
+41|6770|200m out and smiling at you.
i think in all of the times i've played sniper, i've no scoped one person and i hit them only because they were trying to knife me. (another sniper) this was on mashtuur and i turned around he came at me with a knife and boom i shot him and pistoled him. it was quite odd....
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6786|Toronto, ON
Yawns X 10.
Alpha as fuck.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6687|USA
im going to definitely go with a slight upwards tweak in accuracy, here why:

I've experienced time and time again somebody jumping up outta nowhere, me proning with them WITHIN KNIFING DISTANCE, popping off an unscoped shot, and missing. Totally unrealistic. This rifles dont shoot rubber bullets when unscoped - i need to be able to kill w/o duct-taping my screen
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6767|Singapore
No
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6706|A sunburnt country
Can we have crosshairs on the cheese?

I like my rifle the way it is.  For CQC I use my pistola !
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6741|67.222.138.85

M_Harrower wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

ummm isnt that why they gave us pistols?
Yeah, but if you're caught by a guy with an AK-101 on the way to a good sniper spot, you're screwed
As you should be. A sniper is a long range class, so why choose a kit like assault if sniper pwns close range and long range?
ComradeWho
+50|6729|Southern California
i'm a sniper

having crosshairs and/or increased accuracy unscoped would make the rifle far too powerful.
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6763|Louisiana
They don't need crosshairs, but I don't like the way they're horribly inaccurate when firing from the hip. I mean, you could get more accurate shots with an 18th-century musket. It's probably to discourage people from using sniper rifles at close range, which they shouldn't be doing anyway, but I think it's unnecessary.
vqsnapp
+5|6693
I've no scoped two people, both by accident. The first was pure luck and the second was a medic that came to heal me, I hit q and went to click the  "thanks" button...the gun fired instead and hit him square in the face, instant death he was also the team commander hehe.

Last edited by vqsnapp (2006-05-17 17:15:16)

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6612|Florida
a sniper rifles accuracy is the same with or without a scope.  Its just a matter of what the shooter can see.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6612|Florida

vqsnapp wrote:

I've no scoped two people, both by accident. The first was pure luck and the second was a medic that came to heal me, I hit q and went to click the  "thanks" button...the gun fired instead and hit him square in the face, instant death he was also the team commander hehe.
lmao
xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6710

Jenspm wrote:

I like cheese

King_County_Downy wrote:

I like tater-tots

RDMC(2) wrote:

I like cheese

Cbass wrote:

i like cheese
I love cheese, but on topic, the snipers are fine the way they are.

Last edited by xstax981 (2006-05-17 17:55:16)

M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6608

vqsnapp wrote:

hahaahaa, excelent
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6708|Canberra, AUS
Wow, 43 people vote I like cheese? France is going to have a field day!
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6608

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

a sniper rifles accuracy is the same with or without a scope.  Its just a matter of what the shooter can see.
Yeah, so they should be made realistically accurate when unscoped, right?
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6623|California U.S.A
In the world of BF2/BFSF it's fine as is.

I shudder to think of everybody running around with a .50 sniper rifle in CQC popping 95% damage with one shot.

I think out of 40 or so panic no-scope shot attempts maybe 3 or 4 have hit my targets with in a 10 foot distance.

I do enjoy a good stinky cheese though. Fontina, Sheppard.. tasty but stinky... (but enough about my ex-girlfriend
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6685|The Netherlands
hmmmm cheese

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard