IronFerret
+48|6656|Mexico City.
Battlefield 2142 itself feels like Battlefield, but with really cool new weapons and vehicles. The hover tank is unlike any other tank in a Battlefield game, because it slides around like it's on ice. It lets you strafe left and right, and that gives you new mobility to try and dodge attacks. The aircraft, we're told, will be easier to fly than counterparts found in existing Battlefield games (flying a helicopter in Battlefield 2 is remarkably as hard as flying one in real life), but to compensate, the aircraft will be nerfed so that they don't dominate the map like they do in Battlefield 2. (Speaking of which, Nilsson says that DICE is currently working to fix that issue in Battlefield 2.)

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html … pid=932358

its says is basically a mod.

Last edited by IronFerret (2006-05-10 12:49:23)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

i am liking this game more i hear about it. and if they seriously nerf planes more in the next few months, im going to be pissed
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

To be honest, when I first heard about BF2142, I didn't think much of it.  This article has me anticipating it much more, thanks for the find.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6564|Area 51

IronFerret wrote:

Battlefield 2142 itself feels like Battlefield, but with really cool new weapons and vehicles. The hover tank is unlike any other tank in a Battlefield game, because it slides around like it's on ice. It lets you strafe left and right, and that gives you new mobility to try and dodge attacks. The aircraft, we're told, will be easier to fly than counterparts found in existing Battlefield games (flying a helicopter in Battlefield 2 is remarkably as hard as flying one in real life), but to compensate, the aircraft will be nerfed so that they don't dominate the map like they do in Battlefield 2. (Speaking of which, Nilsson says that DICE is currently working to fix that issue in Battlefield 2.)

I find Helicopter pretty easy to fly..
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

RDMC(2) wrote:

IronFerret wrote:

I find Helicopter pretty easy to fly..
hacks.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6718|Melbourne, Australia
yer it sounding like such a good game now still would rather they just came out with more maps and weapons for bf2... maybe get rid of the glitches and bugs :p
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6687|UK
if they nerf the aircraft. i will be pissed.
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6687|UK
"And perhaps the coolest thin in terms of persistence is that we learned that if you get a knife kill on someone, you will always be able to commemorate that kill because you will have your victim's "dog tags." You'll have dog tags for every knife kill, with the victim's name on it, so you can really rub it in if you get multiple knife kills on your friend.">
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6690|Devon, England
rofl, collecting dog tags! thatl cause some laughs in my clan...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

E7IX3R wrote:

"And perhaps the coolest thin in terms of persistence is that we learned that if you get a knife kill on someone, you will always be able to commemorate that kill because you will have your victim's "dog tags." You'll have dog tags for every knife kill, with the victim's name on it, so you can really rub it in if you get multiple knife kills on your friend.">
Thank god.  I will enjoy mowing down a bunch of retards running around with knives.
niomosy
+26|6689
I'll wait until I can play it.  I'm leary on it at this point but we'll see how that goes.  Just gotta wait until Friday to get my hands on it.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

niomosy wrote:

I'll wait until I can play it.  I'm leary on it at this point but we'll see how that goes.  Just gotta wait until Friday to get my hands on it.
?????
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6655|Brisbane, Australia

Holy f**kHoly f**kHoly f**kHoly f**kHoly f**kHoly f**kHoly f**k!!

I am exploding inside with joy!

I cant wait for chuys review!
sphera
+0|6721

usmarine2005 wrote:

niomosy wrote:

?????
He's probably going to go to E3.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6770|AUS, Canberra
there was a big notice up the top of the forums all night saying chuy and his tf crew were at e3 playing bf2142 and he will be giving us the lowdown in the morning.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6749

E7IX3R wrote:

completely off the topic, but talking about Dog Tags,

there was this girl that i used to work with, and for some reason we all got talking about dog tags. we asked her if she knew why each soldier had two tags (trying to make her look a bit stupid thinking she wouldnt know). but she turned round and said that she did know, so then went on to tell us that they have two tags "one around the soldiers kneck and one around his ankle". we sort of laughed at her and asked why they had one on their ankle, so she told us that it was so if they get blown up in a battle, then they would be able to identify body parts!

she said that her brother had told her this and would not accept our reason for why they have two tags.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6785|Bulgaria

IronFerret wrote:

The aircraft, we're told, will be easier to fly than counterparts found in existing Battlefield games (flying a helicopter in Battlefield 2 is remarkably as hard as flying one in real life
Oh really ???
I suck as a pilot but even I can get kills with a heli!! It's not THAT hard!!
Actually heli's in Bf Vietnam were VERY hard to fly, but in Bf2 they are OK - in case you're not a total n00b, that is
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85
Ummm, yeah, anyone who flew in DC knows that BF2 choppers are as easy to fly as walking. Maybe not easy to fly well, but easy to just hop in one, get to where you need to go, and bail. If they make them easier to fly and decrease their capabilities, they're going to be like mounted MGs in the air, no good purpose, definitely not like what future warfare will be. Isn't the BF serious really about the vehicles anyways? It doesn't seem like there's a point to get in anything other than a mech because as soon as you run into a mech your dead, no chance.

About them nerfing BF2 air vehicles, wow, wth. I thought they alreaddy did a pretty good job of that in 1.2. IMO if one team has an ace pilot/chopper team, they xhould dominate the map, just like a good armor whore an karkand.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6837

theDude5B wrote:

E7IX3R wrote:

there was this girl that i used to work with, and for some reason we all got talking about dog tags. we asked her if she knew why each soldier had two tags (trying to make her look a bit stupid thinking she wouldnt know). but she turned round and said that she did know, so then went on to tell us that they have two tags "one around the soldiers kneck and one around his ankle". we sort of laughed at her and asked why they had one on their ankle, so she told us that it was so if they get blown up in a battle, then they would be able to identify body parts!

she said that her brother had told her this and would not accept our reason for why they have two tags.
And what is your reason?

Because that is the real reason you are issued 2 dog tags.

One around the neck and one laced up in your boots or something like that.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6770|AUS, Canberra

Burning_Monkey wrote:

theDude5B wrote:

E7IX3R wrote:

And what is your reason?

yeh my mates in the aus army lace one up in the boots, im sure its like that all around the world.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715
will there be a stat system? i think its a good idea to have unlocks in 2142 as well, but as better upgrade to ur weapon ie larger calibre, scope, silencer etc...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Kontrolfreq
+50|6603|Cambridge UK
Customisable weapons will be sweet, you can create tools that suit your style of play and it should finally put an end to the "this weapon is shit" threads cuz you'll be able to change it!

I'll be getting this game for sure! Mind you I doubt i'll be bored of BF2 by the time it's released...
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6679

the_heart_attack wrote:

Burning_Monkey wrote:

theDude5B wrote:

And what is your reason?

yeh my mates in the aus army lace one up in the boots, im sure its like that all around the world.
They give you 2 for one reason . When you are KIA your brought to the rear and piled up and soon you will be collected . They take one dog tag - usualy the one with the smaller chain and place it between your teeth and slam your jaw shut . The other one is kept by the commander for records keeping .
The short chain has 31 pieces to it for each day of the month . The longer chain has 365 pieces for each day of the year in the event that you become a POW and you want to record how long you have been held . Also they serve as a light reflecting divice to alert freindly aircraft looking for you - witch is why they are usualy taken from you .
As for putting them on your boot some people do it when they know they will be in heavy combat . It's not SOP but it happens . It's completely up to the individual soldier . Basically it's for guys who think they are l33t . I saw a few guys doing it for operation restore democracy in Haiti lol - where no combat was taking place .
a fly
+105|6643|The netherlands

Kontrolfreq wrote:

Customisable weapons will be sweet, you can create tools that suit your style of play and it should finally put an end to the "this weapon is shit" threads cuz you'll be able to change it!

I'll be getting this game for sure! Mind you I doubt i'll be bored of BF2 by the time it's released...
dont get your hopes up, it will change in "do you like this weapon better with this and this upgrade ect" stuff...

and if ea dares to nerf planes even more (unless the f35 gets spared, it sucks already unless you got a real pro pilot) ill.... well, i dont got any power and quiting is not a option. basicly i could not buy 2142 but like they care....

if nerving planes means that if they fly at full speed even with turbo they will get damaged by chopper rockets, ill be proud of ea games. cause now a chopper rocket (not the tv one) will do 0 damage at a fullspeed, it does damge if the plane goes 800 or something..... basicly it sucks.
Bigwrm
I want my money, or my bud!
+33|6658

E7IX3R wrote:

if they nerf the aircraft. i will be pissed.
Might have to hop out of your crutch and shotta gun and cap a flag like the rest of us? 

Whaaaaa

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard