lord_tyler_486
+54|6751|Upper Franconia
Cant believe I made this shit public. Someone really read my post about it lol

Maybe there will be unranked servers running these abused maps =P
sheggalism
+16|6741|France
Awesome. Does lan play works with modified content ?
Speelbal
+146|6751|Netherlands
If you don't own special forces, this tut is a bit dull.
[DEI]Bart
fire at will!!!
+76|6712|Leiden, Holland for the n00bs
can you put EU armies in it even without having the xpack? and how do you make the maps at night?
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6648|South Korea.

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

P.s. nice tutorial, good work.
I am trying to find a way around the vechiles problem too, but I dont think its posible, I found the folder where the vechiles are spawned, but I havent botherd editing it yet, I dont think its gona work.

sheggalism wrote:

Awesome. Does lan play works with modified content ?
Yeah but they would need the level as well.

Speelbal wrote:

If you don't own special forces, this tut is a bit dull.
Thanks for sharing that with us.

[DEI]Bart wrote:

can you put EU armies in it even without having the xpack? and how do you make the maps at night?
Ok, yes you can but you need the latest patch AND EuroForce instaled, I think...I cant say since I have them both and cant compare. And to change the map to the nighttime, just steal a sky.con file from some other night level, like in Night Flight and paste it into the level you want to convernt, like Karkand or whatever, I did it it on Dailian Plant, although for some reason Night vision does not work, I will find a way around it though dont worry!
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6734|Houston, TX
Great post Citizen One. I will play with this today.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6648|South Korea.
Here is some cool custom skins you can try.

British medic without helmet, carrying the EU medic kit.

Code:

gameLogic.setKit 2 5 "eu_Medic" "SAS_heavy_soldier"
https://img364.imageshack.us/img364/1260/screen2317ug.th.png

Black anti tank soldier with seal helmet and pouches. (cool if you miss black guys in Special Forces)

Code:

gameLogic.setKit 2 6 "seal_AT" "us_heavy_soldier"
https://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8604/screen2250jb.th.png

Last edited by Citizen One (2006-04-06 21:31:21)

Bellasadda
+0|6601|Austin, Texas
What we really need is a mod that lets you change all this stuff around with a GUI.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6648|South Korea.
This is easy enough.
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6689|England, GBR
This is ace.

Can I just ask before I attempt this, 2 things:

1) Will this affect if I want to go and play online? - Like say I've done this, then decide to go back onto a ranked server? (I understand that you can't get all this on a ranked server btw - so that's not what I'm asking!)

2) Is it possible to change the lanugage from "US" to "SAS" and "MEC" to "GERMAN" for a normal game (online, ranked)? - I'm guessing not, but I'm getting tired of hearing the US voice and MEC voices and the laughable British accents would provide minor humour!

Thanks m8, this is a great mod (btw what does tut mean?) - But i don't wanna bugger up my online gameplay, so question 1 is important!
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6648|South Korea.

Moonraker_x29 wrote:

This is ace.

Can I just ask before I attempt this, 2 things:

1) Will this affect if I want to go and play online? - Like say I've done this, then decide to go back onto a ranked server? (I understand that you can't get all this on a ranked server btw - so that's not what I'm asking!)

2) Is it possible to change the lanugage from "US" to "SAS" and "MEC" to "GERMAN" for a normal game (online, ranked)? - I'm guessing not, but I'm getting tired of hearing the US voice and MEC voices and the laughable British accents would provide minor humour!

Thanks m8, this is a great mod (btw what does tut mean?) - But i don't wanna bugger up my online gameplay, so question 1 is important!
Since your making a COPY of the level from BF2, and putting it into SF'S level folder, the game wont fuck up, just dont edit the main levels themselves, read the tut more carfully as to what I said. As for the voices, even though it is technically client side, I found the text stings in the server file, so no lol sorry, only singleplayer, but I hate the British accents, they sound like we are back in 1888 or something.
ApacheCobra
Pwninator
+13|6635|NJ
I cant even find me level folder lol.....

EDIT: nvm found it lol

Last edited by ApacheCobra (2006-04-07 14:52:48)

Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6689|England, GBR

Citizen One wrote:

Since your making a COPY of the level from BF2, and putting it into SF'S level folder, the game wont fuck up, just dont edit the main levels themselves, read the tut more carfully as to what I said. As for the voices, even though it is technically client side, I found the text stings in the server file, so no lol sorry, only singleplayer, but I hate the British accents, they sound like we are back in 1888 or something.
Yeah, the accents are pretty shit. There are obviously some gritty people in the SAS, and undoubtidly some posher dudes, but that's piss taking.

Cool. If I can't figure out what I want.... I'll ask you to sort it for me (if you would!)

OH YEAH! - HOW DO YOU LOT GET THAT WRITING UNDERNEATH YOUR NAMES?????? - I JUST HAVE MEMBER

Thanks!
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6648|South Korea.

Moonraker_x29 wrote:

Cool. If I can't figure out what I want.... I'll ask you to sort it for me (if you would!)
Ill sort it, depends what you need, the actual level or just the text strings?

Moonraker_x29 wrote:

OH YEAH! - HOW DO YOU LOT GET THAT WRITING UNDERNEATH YOUR NAMES?????? - I JUST HAVE MEMBER
Thanks!
What the korean writing? TriggerHappy998, my online bf2s exclusive boyfriend changed it for me lol.
ApacheCobra
Pwninator
+13|6635|NJ
it isnt working for me
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6648|South Korea.

ApacheCobra wrote:

it isnt working for me
If you realy want it, read the tut again, if you just wana fuck about, tell me what you want and I will do it for you.
ApacheCobra
Pwninator
+13|6635|NJ

Citizen One wrote:

ApacheCobra wrote:

it isnt working for me
If you realy want it, read the tut again, if you just wana fuck about, tell me what you want and I will do it for you.
well i followed the 'tut' . i copied and pasted the code into the init.con (yes the second one) . I zipped all of the files back up, renamed it server.zip and put it into the karkand folder but it didnt work. The map shows up on SF but its still US vs MEC
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6791|Jupiter

LOSER|Tearsofromance wrote:

Hahaha! Nice one man! I did this a while back! Nice stuff man! My vote for feature!!!!!!
CitizenOne is a she... not a 'man'
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6648|South Korea.

ApacheCobra wrote:

Citizen One wrote:

ApacheCobra wrote:

it isnt working for me
well i followed the 'tut' . i copied and pasted the code into the init.con (yes the second one) . I zipped all of the files back up, renamed it server.zip and put it into the karkand folder but it didnt work. The map shows up on SF but its still US vs MEC
You are obviously making some kind of mistake...try again.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6720|Sydney, Australia

Moonraker_x29 wrote:

Thanks!
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=643

Thats what Citizen One was on about.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6846|-

Citizen One wrote:

What the korean writing? TriggerHappy998, my online bf2s exclusive boyfriend changed it for me lol.
Well... this is news to me... O.o
KtotheIMMY
+513|6762

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Citizen One wrote:

Well... this is news to me... O.o
My little pimp

<3

Last edited by KtotheIMMY (2006-04-07 23:11:17)

ApacheCobra
Pwninator
+13|6635|NJ

Citizen One wrote:

ApacheCobra wrote:

Citizen One wrote:

You are obviously making some kind of mistake...try again.
im trying over and over..
i think it has something to do with 'zipping the files back up'
if you mean use WinRAR to put all the info into an .rar file and change it to a .zip then yes i did that but if not please walk me through it lol
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6648|South Korea.

ApacheCobra wrote:

if you mean use WinRAR to put all the info into an .rar file and change it to a .zip then yes i did that but if not please walk me through it lol
Did you remember to then put the level into the xpack level folder?
ApacheCobra
Pwninator
+13|6635|NJ

Citizen One wrote:

ApacheCobra wrote:

Did you remember to then put the level into the xpack level folder?
yes.. of course.. ill give you a list of what i did

1. Made copy of karkand in new folder
2. Extracted files from server.zip in karkand
3. Went onto the init.con in the server.zip
4. Copied the code that you first put (MECSF vs SAS) and other codes that i tried myself
5. Highlited the original team code thing and pasted it there
6. highlighted all the files in the server.zip that i extracted
7. right clicked on them and compressed them to a .rar file
8.renamed the .rar to server.zip
9. deleted the original server.zip and the files that i extracted
10. pasted the newly coded server.zip into strike at karkand folder
11. pasted strike at karkand folder into C:\ProgramFiles\EA GAMES\Battlefield2\mods\xpack\levels
12. went on special forces to see a strike at karkand that had USMC vs MEC

i tried using instructions on anotehr part of bf2s to edit weapons (m4 shoot 50 c4 packs, knife from 200 meters away, 50 rounds in rocket before reload or the same basic thing that GODFRACK did to make us think he has big hacks etc etc.) but that didnt work either

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard