Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6665|USA

pdanrichey wrote:

I'll freaking kill you Junior_Mud.  You're going to die bitch...I'm coming out of the booooth!!
ROFLMFAO!!!! I love that skit. Tollbooth Willy!

Hiya doin? DOllar twenty-five.

YEAh WIlly. Hears a dollar tweny five and go f**k yourself!
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6655
That would be bullshit. Too much time and damn hard work invested in all the medals and shit to get them lost. I would sell my copy on ebay, fuck that.
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6675|Australia

Junior_Mud wrote:

What would all of you think if EA made it so that everyones score would be reset once a year?.........
Now before you flame the hell out of me.... think about it seriously for just one second.....
1) every year would be a 'new' competition for the top 10 global spots.
2) all the noobs and weekend warriors and experianced gamers new to BF2 would start out equal to everyone else.
3) Once you get to the top anyways.... wheres the fun? wouldn't you like to do it again and again and prove that your the best ALL the time?
All's I ask is that you think one second about it. If you still hate me afterwards then flame on.......

All responses welcome.
Im never going to be the best of all time, im just happy that ive acheived what i have probably the same with others.

For someone to take that away from me, they can go and get fucked.

So you can take that idea and stick it.
Canticle66
+0|6642|Canada
It COULD work, but you would have to do it a certain way.  Diablo 2 has (had?  haven't played it in years) a ladder system that got reset every so often, but the way it worked was once the ladder season was over your account was moved to the "non-ladder" accounts.  Basically they did this so every so often they can run a contest and whoever got to the highest level first wins.  So for the people who want to compete for prizes or bragging rights, go for it.  And the people who just want to keep going with their current account would ignore it.
HeadShot_911
+0|6643
I had a lil game known as Halo 2 back in the day for the Xbox... Now sum genius down there thought it would be a good idea that when they release a map pack to also reset the scores. Well lets just say i didnt play that game ever again.
KyanWan
+0|6774
It would be cool to have a sorta ladder system for BF2. 

Here's my idea -

Have a lifetime score, and a "current round" score. 

Lifetime is where you reap your awards ( medals, etc ) from.

Round is competition for the year or set time period - eg - your Year-To-Date scores, or round-to-date.  It gets "reset" to zero on 1/1/(year) [or the beginning of the next round]- but your full score doesn't. 

If you want to participate in the global competition, you rack up the lifetime score - etc - earn your medals and badges.

Stats would show something like this:

Kills - Lifetime: 10,000  Round (x): 3000
K-D Ratio - Lifetime: 1.5  Round (x): 3.5
Accuracy - Lifetime: 20%  Round (x): 45%
Hours - Lifetime: 150.0  Round (x): 25.0
etc...

So - this could mean that a brand new player that started at the beginning of the tracking period could have their current stats slapped up against someone who's been playing forever.  If some person got massive scores with unbelievable ratios within a short period on the tracking period - they'd be up on the top.  Even if they only had 20k, 50k, even 100k.

If someone who just -happened- to be playing since day 1 - and -happens- to sit in front of the computer for 6 hours a day for whatever reason ... they'll still have their spots on the lifetime score rankings. If they don't kick some serious ass while playing, they're going to be outperformed in the round scores by whichever players are the highest scoring, most accurate, and most efficient players. 

Plus - for veteran players - it's going to be a nice way to track your improvement.  If you're getting monster kill ratios now, but were playing for months like a piece of crap ... you're going to see your newfound performance - and have the proof to back it up - without having to start up a new account.

Cool for everyone

It would also be a good place to start off tournaments & prize play if it ever comes up - while keeping everyone's stats - and keeping the playing field level for everyone (who starts playing at the beginning of the round.)

Last edited by KyanWan (2006-02-24 20:44:57)

IronFerret
+48|6660|Mexico City.
naaa. you put your thoughts in other place.. wrong idea..
That1GuyThatYouKilled
+0|6667|Bloomington Illinois 61074
now if EA kept all your medals and awards hell ya it would be a good idea. but we all put too much effort into getting where we are.
That1GuyThatYouKilled
+0|6667|Bloomington Illinois 61074

KyanWan wrote:

It would be cool to have a sorta ladder system for BF2. 

Here's my idea -

Have a lifetime score, and a "current round" score. 

Lifetime is where you reap your awards ( medals, etc ) from.

Round is competition for the year or set time period - eg - your Year-To-Date scores, or round-to-date.  It gets "reset" to zero on 1/1/(year) [or the beginning of the next round]- but your full score doesn't. 

If you want to participate in the global competition, you rack up the lifetime score - etc - earn your medals and badges.

Stats would show something like this:

Kills - Lifetime: 10,000  Round (x): 3000
K-D Ratio - Lifetime: 1.5  Round (x): 3.5
Accuracy - Lifetime: 20%  Round (x): 45%
Hours - Lifetime: 150.0  Round (x): 25.0
etc...

So - this could mean that a brand new player that started at the beginning of the tracking period could have their current stats slapped up against someone who's been playing forever.  If some person got massive scores with unbelievable ratios within a short period on the tracking period - they'd be up on the top.  Even if they only had 20k, 50k, even 100k.

If someone who just -happened- to be playing since day 1 - and -happens- to sit in front of the computer for 6 hours a day for whatever reason ... they'll still have their spots on the lifetime score rankings. If they don't kick some serious ass while playing, they're going to be outperformed in the round scores by whichever players are the highest scoring, most accurate, and most efficient players. 

Plus - for veteran players - it's going to be a nice way to track your improvement.  If you're getting monster kill ratios now, but were playing for months like a piece of crap ... you're going to see your newfound performance - and have the proof to back it up - without having to start up a new account.

Cool for everyone

It would also be a good place to start off tournaments & prize play if it ever comes up - while keeping everyone's stats - and keeping the playing field level for everyone (who starts playing at the beginning of the round.)
That is one of the most thought out ideas i've read here. You really got you shit together. I would be up for that.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6723|California

TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6675|Colorado
I'd stop playing, this is bf2 not bf1942.
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6685|Stillwater, Ok
Depends on what is reset. If you were able to keep all your logged hours and medals with the only thing being reset is the score itself....that would be nice. You would still be able to work toward medals without worry of losing them. Would just be a competition when the Global and only global score resets.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard