Better than Bad Company 2?

Yes, you idiot, BF3 is better than Bad Company 273%73% - 45
No real difference14%14% - 9
Bad Company 2 was better than BF311%11% - 7
Total: 61
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6685|Tampa Bay Florida
Well it's been a few months since BF3 was released, and to be honest, I feel as if I enjoyed Bad Company 2 more than this game.

- The maps in BC2 varied greatly in their environments.  While there were urban areas, the high level of destruction made almost every game slightly different because of the ability to blow the fuck out of mostly any structure.  At the end of the game, some towns would end up hardly touched, some would be riddled with holes, and others would be leveled completely.  It all depended on the teams, playstyles, and length of the round.  In BF3, it seems as if only 20 or 30 percent of buildings can be destroyed.  This is a huge problem when almost half the number of maps (Seine, Tehran, Bazaar, Metro) take place solely within city limits.

- It had jungle maps, desert maps, snow maps, as well as forests and complex waterways.  While BF3 has little bits of everything, on the whole it feels like a random assortment oddly designed urban areas with clunky chokepoints and wide open areas which punish those who were not lucky enough to get a vehicle.  This was always a problem with Battlefield, but in BF3 it seems almost excessive.   

- The Vietnam expansion was the perfect mix of infantry combat, varied environments and elevations, and still giving room for the (limited) number of vehicles to flourish.

- While everyone welcomes jets and other aircraft, it does not come close to making up for the facts I stated above.

- The unlock system in BF3 is redundant and convoluted.  When it comes to Battlefield unlocks, generally, less is more

- A common saying on bf3s is that "oh you're just viewing things through rose tinted glasses" and that "maybe you're just tired of Battlefield".  While I doubt anyone played BC2 more than BF2, I was still playing it up until BF3 came out.  It had longevity.  After 3 months of BF3, I am almost ready to sell it.

I'm waiting to see what DLC comes out for BF3 because that is something DICE generally excels at, I've never been disappointed with any additional BF content, ever.  But in the meantime I think I will just switch back to BC2.  So what does bf3s think?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5469|Ventura, California
Apples and oranges in some ways. I enjoy both games just as much. Personally, BC2 is a Rush game and BF3 is a conquest game.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6266
After 3 months of BC2 I stopped playing it entirely because I was so fed up with how awful it was, and it lay mostly untouched for a year.

After 3 months of BF3 I've mostly stopped playing it, but I think it's a hell of a lot better than BC2 was.
jsnipy
+3,276|6518|...

Spearhead wrote:

Well it's been a few months since BF3 was released, and to be honest, I feel as if I enjoyed Bad Company 2 more than this game.

- The maps in BC2 varied greatly in their environments.  While there were urban areas, the high level of destruction made almost every game slightly different because of the ability to blow the fuck out of mostly any structure.  At the end of the game, some towns would end up hardly touched, some would be riddled with holes, and others would be leveled completely.  It all depended on the teams, playstyles, and length of the round.  In BF3, it seems as if only 20 or 30 percent of buildings can be destroyed.  This is a huge problem when almost half the number of maps (Seine, Tehran, Bazaar, Metro) take place solely within city limits.
To me the shear amount of debris and dust is beyond novelty. Utter distraction.

Spearhead wrote:

- It had jungle maps, desert maps, snow maps, as well as forests and complex waterways.  While BF3 has little bits of everything, on the whole it feels like a random assortment oddly designed urban areas with clunky chokepoints and wide open areas which punish those who were not lucky enough to get a vehicle.  This was always a problem with Battlefield, but in BF3 it seems almost excessive.
I agree with this. More this game than in other the design flaws in the maps really stand out. Not just even in the Metro 64 debacle but most of the maps in TDM are a joke because the spawns spawn players in limited number of very predictable places.

Spearhead wrote:

- While everyone welcomes jets and other aircraft, it does not come close to making up for the facts I stated above.

Spearhead wrote:

- The unlock system in BF3 is redundant and convoluted.  When it comes to Battlefield unlocks, generally, less is more
I agree and disagree. I think having all the stuff is ok, but like someone said let someone pick what they want rather thank unlocking a bunch stuff you don't want. I remember an unlock in BF2 felt special, certainly does not have that feeling here - like getting a bunch of shit for xmas you will play with for one day and forget.

Spearhead wrote:

- A common saying on bf3s is that "oh you're just viewing things through rose tinted glasses" and that "maybe you're just tired of Battlefield".  While I doubt anyone played BC2 more than BF2, I was still playing it up until BF3 came out.  It had longevity.  After 3 months of BF3, I am almost ready to sell it.
I've played bf3 more than BC:2, but not more than BF2. I dunno, not sure I'd sell any game (unless it was for a console)

Spearhead wrote:

I'm waiting to see what DLC comes out for BF3 because that is something DICE generally excels at, I've never been disappointed with any additional BF content, ever.  But in the meantime I think I will just switch back to BC2.  So what does bf3s think?
Sadly doubt DLC will fix some of the fundamental issues.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6685|Tampa Bay Florida
Well for me the most fundamental of all issues is really the map design.  The urban maps I listed are a first for Battlefield, and make me uncomfortable in the way they emulated Call of Duty.  There is a difference between having an urban map with wide open spaces, and an urban map which is encompassed by walls which seem hundreds of feet high and nonsensical corridors (Call of Duty's forte).

That is really why I liked BC2 more than BF3 I suppose.
Roc18
`
+655|5786|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Bad company 2 was only better in terms of destruction and map design.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5255|foggy bottom
i liked bc2 vietnam
Tu Stultus Es
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6339
They are both shit in map design, but B2K fixes that to some degree. Destruction was retardedly overdone in bc2, turning buildings from big hidey holes into small ones that couldn´t be destroyed.
All in all, bf3 is miles better than Bc2, but I´m not sure how much that says really.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5746|شمال
Yes, BF3 is better than Bad Company 2
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5900|CA
I enjoy both, but BF3 definitely will have a longer life span. I think BC2's unlock system is better, and BF2's scoring system is better. Why do game developers feel the need to suddenly multiply everything you earn points for by 10? What was wrong with 2 points a kill, 1 point for everything else? Makes so much more sense in my book.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5749|Roma
Bf3 has superior inf combat and movements arent as clunky and floaty as bc2.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6762|UK
BC2 had superior maps. BF3 removed perks. ¯\(°_o)/¯

Although the new bf3 maps are much better.

Last edited by Vilham (2012-01-30 02:45:46)

gurdeep
­
+812|4751|proll­y
inf and chopper are my favorite things to play in bf games, and they are FAR superior to bc2. the maps are fine with me. sure they could be better, but so could everything in this world
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5749|Roma

gurdeep wrote:

inf and chopper are my favorite things to play in bf games, and they are FAR superior to bc2. the maps are fine with me. sure they could be better, but so could everything in this world
dice has never been able to make a really solid map.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
jord
+2,382|6674|The North, beyond the wall.
mashtuur was the shit
jord
when i think back to bc2 and i think of tracer darts i laugh, but then i think of soflam/CITV on bf3 and cry.
Roc18
`

aerodynamic wrote:

gurdeep wrote:

dice has never been able to make a really solid map.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a7/Battlefield2SF.jpg/252px-Battlefield2SF.jpg

jord
warlord/ghost town
jord
didnt enjoy night maps though i know people here did for whatever reason. i couldn't see shit. not that i can on bf3 now with all the shit flying through my FOV
13/f/taiwan
+940|5694

jord wrote:

didnt enjoy night maps though i know people here did for whatever reason. i couldn't see shit. not that i can on bf3 now with all the shit flying through my FOV
people liked night maps for the same reason they liked songhua and fushepass. they were 'unqiue' and hardly played. they were all equally shit. the only time i had any sort of fun on fushepass/night maps was when i had the chopper.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6649
I loved all those 'shit/unpopular' maps when I was new to bf2. running around operation clean sweep or getting lost in songhua was amazing. The novelty wears off eventually and people turn to the easiest maps to play for points/winning. Doesn't make those maps bad
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
jord

13/f/taiwan wrote:

jord wrote:

people liked night maps for the same reason they liked songhua and fushepass. they were 'unqiue' and hardly played. they were all equally shit. the only time i had any sort of fun on fushepass/night maps was when i had the chopper.
fushee was alright i suppose, it'd look spectacular on bf3's graphics. don't know why people talk about shonghua here though, there's a reason it was never played on server rotations
Roc18
`

13/f/taiwan wrote:

jord wrote:

https://images.bf-games.net/bf2/maps/sf/devilsperch64.jpg
https://images.bf-games.net/bf2/maps/sf/leviathan64.jpg
https://images.bf-games.net/bf2/maps/sf/nightflight64.jpg

https://pixoplenty.com/out.php/t19030_i-don-t-think-so-tim.jpg
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5469|Ventura, California
Fushee Pass was an amazing map! How could you not like it? On top of the awesome gameplay when that map had 64 players in it the map itself was beautiful! The awesome dam, the valley, and the cool river and crap, beautiful map, like dragon valley.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6667|UK
operation smoke screen was the best map you dumb fucks.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard