Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

moms upset with breastfeeding preferences at Target stores staged a "nurse-in" Wednesday at locations in Chicago and across the country.

Local moms say the demonstration is meant to raise awareness about controversies over nursing in public. This latest outcry, they say, stems from a recent incident in Texas.

Michelle Hickman, a Houston mother of four, apparently was nursing in a remote area of a Target store when staffers told her to move into a fitting room. There were so many employees confronting her, she said, that it was time to speak up.

"Basically I got harassed by a whole handful of women Target employees," she said.

Hickman complained to the corporate headquarters, and Target sided with her. Representatives said it has always been the store's policy to make women feel comfortable when breastfeeding
Sounds like a fwp. I am not a prude or anything but I don't see what is wrong with asking her to feed the kid in a private room rather than in the shopping area.

What do you think/
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6434|cuntshitlake

I see nothing wrong with nursing on public areas but unless there is something more to that 'harassing' than simply advising her to move to a more private place. She seems like a stupid feminist bitch to make such a big thing about this.

Last edited by DUnlimited (2011-12-29 06:49:03)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
Due to the perverse nature of most of the nation's citizens, I would say that the mother should want to make herself private, lest some shopper gets a chubby.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2011-12-29 06:47:55)

jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
What's the policy on 2 gay men kissing in store
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

i'd get pissed if the woman feed her brat from a plastic bottle in public. these people that can't go out in public without their cookie crunchers should be rounded up and sent to a penal island continent.
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5949|Blue Mountain State
titties
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
tuckergustav
+1,590|5884|...

The fwp isn't being upset about being told to provide nourishment to your infant child in private.  The fwp here is that people are so uncomfortable with breastfeeding in the first place.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England

tuckergustav wrote:

The fwp isn't being upset about being told to provide nourishment to your infant child in private.  The fwp here is that people are so uncomfortable with breastfeeding in the first place.
I'm comfortable with it, just embrace the fact that I'm going to wait for your kids mouth to fall off the nipple for a free show
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Plenty of people are comfortable with ladies breastfeeding their kids. When it gets awkward is when they whip their titties out into plain sight to do it. Last time I checked, Target wasn't adults only.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5230|foggy bottom
how often do you see someone busting out a three course meal while waiting in line at the supermarket?
Tu Stultus Es
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
Yeah, but what's wrong with an exposed breast?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5230|foggy bottom
hairy nipples
Tu Stultus Es
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Superior Mind wrote:

Yeah, but what's wrong with an exposed breast?
Don't think people take their kids to stores to see a live performance of moms gone wild.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
But why is that you think of moms gone wild when you see a mother bare her breast?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5230|foggy bottom
cus a baby is proof that a girl puts out?
Tu Stultus Es
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Superior Mind wrote:

But why is that you think of moms gone wild when you see a mother bare her breast?
That's sort of a loaded question. If I answer with "public indecency," you're going to try and lead me down a path of logic ending where nudism is fine and dandy.

There are ways to publicly breastfeed without giving the public the Nat'l Geographic special.
cdailey2142
Flesh Peddler
+14|5034
I say let them all whip a tit out!
HudsonFalcon
+20|5902|New York
The article fails to mention she was nursing a 27 year old.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6539|Mountains of NC

fkn femin nazi ..... she probably wasn't using one of those slip cover, just pull out that 30lbs pancake and shove in the kid mouth

if some chick had a titty hanging out that looked like a deflated hotair balloon .. I'd tell her to cover it up and get out

titsorgtfo
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
HITNRUNXX
+220|6680|Oklahoma City
I think it shows how pathetic our society really is when we can't separate the sexual nature of breasts from the functional use. I *PREFER* they do it discreetly enough to put a blanket over them or something, but that it is what I have seen about every time. I don't think I have ever seen a woman just whipe one out and keep it exposed the whole time she is breastfeeding. If I am uncomfortable with it, I can walk away, or not look, or any number of things... Same goes for Target shoppers.

Breastfeeding shouldn't be put into the same category as a sex crime. There is nothing sexual about it. Just because there are perverts in the world doesn't make it wrong. Some people get off on little kids, but you aren't going to ban them from being in public "lest some shopper get a chubby."

Finally, so what if it offends someone? That is THEIR issue. Like jord said... Are you going to ban 2 men kissing in public? That is offensive to some people. What about blowing your nose in public? I think that is much more offensive than breastfeeding. How about farting?  Sneezing? Going out in public when you are sick? The entire "People of Walmart" collection...

Now, on the flip side of the argument... You may photograph anything you can see from where you are standing, as long as you are standing there legally, and not making an effort to circumvent a reasonable expectation of privacy (I.E. Crawling around on the ground to take pictures up women's skirts, or taking pictures in a public bathroom, etc). With that being said, if a woman is willing to be seen breastfeeding in public, and you were offended by it, then you could take her picture. I doubt she would be happy about that... But you have that right. If she doesn't want to be photographed, then she should be doing it in private... Target has security cameras, afterall...
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6416|The Land of Scott Walker

HITNRUNXX wrote:

I don't think I have ever seen a woman just whipe one out and keep it exposed the whole time she is breastfeeding
Never been to WI eh?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

HITNRUNXX wrote:

I think it shows how pathetic our society really is when we can't separate the sexual nature of breasts from the functional use. I *PREFER* they do it discreetly enough to put a blanket over them or something, but that it is what I have seen about every time.1 I don't think I have ever seen a woman just whipe one out and keep it exposed the whole time she is breastfeeding. If I am uncomfortable with it, I can walk away, or not look, or any number of things... Same goes for Target shoppers.2

Breastfeeding shouldn't be put into the same category as a sex crime. There is nothing sexual about it. Just because there are perverts in the world doesn't make it wrong. Some people get off on little kids, but you aren't going to ban them from being in public "lest some shopper get a chubby."3

Finally, so what if it offends someone? That is THEIR issue.4 Like jord said... Are you going to ban 2 men kissing in public? That is offensive to some people. What about blowing your nose in public? I think that is much more offensive than breastfeeding. How about farting?  Sneezing? Going out in public when you are sick? The entire "People of Walmart" collection... 5

Now, on the flip side of the argument... You may photograph anything you can see from where you are standing, as long as you are standing there legally, and not making an effort to circumvent a reasonable expectation of privacy (I.E. Crawling around on the ground to take pictures up women's skirts, or taking pictures in a public bathroom, etc). With that being said, if a woman is willing to be seen breastfeeding in public, and you were offended by it, then you could take her picture. I doubt she would be happy about that... But you have that right. If she doesn't want to be photographed, then she should be doing it in private... Target has security cameras, afterall...
1Pretty much what most everyone says.
2I think "cannot unsee" applies here.
3See 1.
4See 2.
5See 1.

I think pretty much all women who end up on the news like this do it just to cause problems. I didn't read enough into it to know if this particular case was discrete breastfeeding or not, but if it wasn't, there's no logical reason she should get special treatment while women who flash boobs for the sake of flashing them do not.

There's nothing sexual about a man taking a piss on the side of the road either, but that doesn't exempt him from the law.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6077|eXtreme to the maX

DUnlimited wrote:

I see nothing wrong with nursing on public areas but unless there is something more to that 'harassing' than simply advising her to move to a more private place. She seems like a stupid feminist bitch to make such a big thing about this.
Stores are private places, their rules, don't like it don't go there.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

^ and this.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
Obviously it's awkward for all the Target goers to see some titty irl, but if I were a mom with a baby and my baby was hungry and I happened to be shopping I wouldn't want my kid to have to eat in the bathroom with all the other people defecating five feet away.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard