unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Too bad they simply didn't put it in with the main, then. Now I'm less inclined to give it a shot.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
All the endings could make sense with Deus Ex (the first one). Spoiler (highlight to read):
Taggart's and the suicide fit the best with DX though, but Sariff's or Darrow's could work with DX.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6335

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Too bad they simply didn't put it in with the main, then. Now I'm less inclined to give it a shot.
The DLC not only takes place in the middle, it is completely disconnected from the main game. You start it through a separate entry in your steam list and you have to level Jensen anew without any talents coming or going into the main game.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6646

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

If you liked the main game, you should give it a shot. The plot is still fine.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

I suppose I'll give it a run before finishing Skyrim then.
mikkel
+383|6593
Pritchard sounds exactly like a male Deanna Troi. I wanted to kill him.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6646

Steam sale weekend deal for $10, Missing Link DLC for $5. So worth it.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460

mtb0minime wrote:

Steam sale weekend deal for $10, Missing Link DLC for $5. So worth it.
Sheeeeeeeit, $10 is how much they normally charge for the first game.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
Yep, got it on sale myself, been playing it since last night.  First game in a long time that I stayed up till 3 in the morning playing

David Serif's voice actor is shit though, he sounds like Norm Macdonald and it's so hard to take his tone as seriously as they intended it to be taken, nearly fucked up a lot of my dialogue choices with him, though I'm not really sure if there's a way to even fuck things up with that anyway.  The game is definitely behind in the conversational animation department as well, there's pretty much no emotion changes whatsoever on anybody's face and a lot of characters share the same repetitive head and arm movements that barely match up to what it is that they're talking about.  Luckily almost all of the voice actors more than make up for that with how good they are.

Don't spoil it for me but I'm pretty sure that was Bob Page at the beginning, it's so weird hearing him through an 11 years newer microphone and talking somewhat rationally and not just like an overconfident spoiled little bitch like he did in the first game
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6466|Foothills of S. Carolina

Just got the augmented edition. Hope I enjoy it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

I'd blame the writing and animation before I blamed the voice actor. A lot of the dialog boss fights were hard to read in that game.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6455|cuntshitlake

i know they should have made adam a woman and call her like, sally, or catherine black or something. really hate his voice and the fact that i have to stare at his ass all day.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6315|Graz, Austria

DUnlimited wrote:

they should have made adam a woman and call her like, sally, or catherine black or something.
'Eve' would have been the obvious name choice.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6465|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Canin wrote:

Just got the augmented edition. Hope I enjoy it.
dÖrp What's the difference between the two editions?

Apparently some artbook n' stuff.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
Aw man, they made me have to kill a black chick
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6452|UK
Just bought the first game on steam. Lets see what the dillio is!
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6315|Graz, Austria

wah1188 wrote:

Just bought the first game on steam. Lets see what the dillio is!
You might want to install these mods:
http://kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/ (a Direct3D 10 renderer for the aged Unreal engine)
http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-new-vision (hi-res textures)
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
I don't want this game to end, it's been so long since I found a PC game that was this well-done, especially one with a story.

I feel like this is what the first game aspired to be like without the clunky interface and shitty graphics of its time.  I wish I had a DirectX 11 card to run it though
TravisC555
+118|6211|Cox Convention Center, OK
Anyone experience the bug where you can't get the shuttle to arrive to take you to Tai Yong Medical? Apparently the bug was in since release and hasn't been fixed yet (at least from what I could find from a quick search). I've read the best thing to do is to reload a save to before this main mission starts and don't do any side quests or start the China section of the game over again.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6663|UK
google dues ex hr saved games and use that but you'll have to take on someone else's setup.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
For the record, the latest patch released just a week ago fixed the Tai Yong Medical Center shuttle glitch and you can even use your own saves that didn't work before.  Also fixed several other things:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/8044/

Patch Notes wrote:

Eidos Montreal, Square Enix, and Nixxes are happy to provide an additional patch for Deus Ex: Human Revolution that addresses various issues players have reported since release. We hope this patch will allow them to further enjoy playing the game.

The patch includes:

- Some players accounted a problem where the Tai Young Medical shuttle in Hengsha would not arrive. This has been resolved.
• Existing save-games can be loaded and continued from normally, the shuttle will now arrive.
- We have provided a workaround for stability and performance issues on AMD FX CPUs with specific firmware versions.
- We have made further changes to reduce stuttering in the game.
• Improvements to background streaming of resources. (on DX11 only)
• Workarounds have been added for issues that can happen with Windows asynchronous file IO.
• We have improved parallelism with the graphics driver on dual-core machines. (should also benefit machines with more cores)
- SSAO has been improved to look less noisy.
- Various minor issues with 3DVision have been resolved.
Looks like they pulled a Skyrim and fixed/tweaked a lot of the PC-specific things in addition to that shuttle glitch that had been going on for far too long.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-05-30 19:48:50)

Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5956|London, England

this game was p fun
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6646

I hope that stuttering fix has to do with vsync. Either I turn on vsync and shit stutters when I strafe. Or I turn it off and get more tearing than... I don't know... but it tears a lot.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5956|London, England

mtb0minime wrote:

I hope that stuttering fix has to do with vsync. Either I turn on vsync and shit stutters when I strafe. Or I turn it off and get more tearing than... I don't know... but it tears a lot.
you just described the point of having vsync on or off
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
I still haven't finished it yet, I wanna wait till I get a DirectX 11 card so I can finish it in all its tessellated soft-shadowed glory

mtb0minime wrote:

If you have an nVidia card, you should try that adaptive Vsync setting in the console, it shuts it off when you're not at 60 FPS and enables it when you are automatically.  You can also do it at just 30 FPS as well

Or just turn triple buffering on with Vsync like you're usually supposed to if it's choppy, I think that's an in-game setting

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-05-30 20:17:26)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard