blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6736
ahh very interesting.....

Last edited by blademaster (2010-06-25 22:14:50)

HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5575|Bolingbrook, Illinois
$500 to reset the data?  no thanks.

i dont see the point in copy machines even storing all the data permanently.  just scan it, store it temporarily, print it, and then delete it.  sounds retarded to pay $500 for that
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6602|Gold Coast
Oh shit. That's pretty interesting and nerve-wracking at the same time. I wouldnt expect copiers to store images anyway.
+1
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6637
Thanks for the tutorial. News are smart.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5564|Ventura, California
Be right back guys, going to see if the local bank doesn't want to sell their copy machine.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6718|UK

KuSTaV wrote:

Oh shit. That's pretty interesting and nerve-wracking at the same time. I wouldnt expect copiers to store images anyway.
+1
Indeed.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6782|Devon, England
Wow. That's surprising, I never actually assumed a copier would do that.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I thought they used a RAM system where a scanned photo would be put into it's temporary memory so it could print it multiple times. A hard drive is a little overkill, but it's useful if a company loses a file and wants to recuperate it. That is, if they don't mind browsing 20k+ photos
ghettoperson
+1,943|6740

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I thought they used a RAM system where a scanned photo would be put into it's temporary memory so it could print it multiple times. A hard drive is a little overkill, but it's useful if a company loses a file and wants to recuperate it. That is, if they don't mind browsing 20k+ photos
Yeah I'd have assumed the same. I can't really think of a reason why they would need to store all the images on a HDD.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Well, I don't know about you but I can see it being useful for some companies. I'd sell the HDD as an add-on, not a built in feature.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6377|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Why the fuck don't copiers use volatile flash memory just for the past 100 documents or so (to allow queing while forgetting everything as soon as you turn it off)... I can't see a HDD beeing of any use...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
BLdw
+27|5262|M104 "Sombrero"
This kind of stuff is always interesting. I recovered lost/deleted/corrupt pictures from my camera (memory card) couple of weeks ago. It was nice to see how all of my half a year ago taken pictures were still there!

Now I'll have to go check if there's something interesting in our copy machines...
GR34
+215|6636|ALBERTA> CANADA
well now that the news has told everyone yes we should be worried. If they didn't tell everybody it wouldn't have been a problem
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
No it's not more of a problem than it was before. The type of people who would have exploited this information probably knew long in advance to this video and they've been at work for quite some time.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6659|Mountains of NC

just thinking about how many times I've xeroxed my cock

inb4someremarkaboutusingenhance
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
TravisC555
+118|6310|Cox Convention Center, OK
I was listening to Leo Laporte in my car and he was talking about this. I was surprised too that copy machines used hdd, I always assumed that they would use RAM.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6659|Mountains of NC

TravisC555 wrote:

I was listening to Leo Laporte in my car and he was talking about this. I was surprised too that copy machines used hdd, I always assumed that they would use RAM.
I remember when he had that show on Tech Tv ( then it went gay G4 ) .......... I think it was either him or some fat dude he had on the show that I would have like to punch right in the throat for being so cocky and arrogant toward callers and viewers
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6830|Toronto | Canada

I actually knew this, I'm surprised how few people know
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Well Winston, we didn't think the producers were stupid enough to use an HDD.
FloppY_
­

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Well Winston, we didn't think the producers were stupid enough to use an HDD.
a HDD*
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6830|Toronto | Canada

I dont think its really stupidity... It could be useful.  Its more that people didnt know to erase the HDD before they sell it.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
By "Erase" do you mean reformat?
FloppY_
­

-Sh1fty- wrote:

By "Erase" do you mean reformat?
and by reformat you mean overwrite 7-15 times with a series of 1s and 0s right?

Because anything short of overwriting your data does nothing to hide it from a willing villain...
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I work with computers, that's my job Floppy, I know that.

If Winston said yes then I was going to point out that reformatting is pointless because there's plenty of free programs out there to recuperate the data.
FloppY_
­

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I work with computers, that's my job Floppy, I know that.

If Winston said yes then I was going to point out that reformatting is pointless because there's plenty of free programs out there to recuperate the data.
I merely sped up the process

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard