Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS

henno13 wrote:

I like sniper rifles having one shot kills, they are useless to me when they are not. I had this problem in BF2. I always had hit a guy on my first shot, but their heads were so damn small that I rarely hit them there. Most of my kills came from the second shot. It always pissed me off that I had to reload and find the target again, who had probably shit his pants and hid behind a corner. I've been playing Harcore since I got the game, so normal mode now would seem a lot harder to kill in due to the higher health.
headshots.

they're useful.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5229|Cleveland, Ohio
lols.  i guess the 100m range of the shotguns is ok also....  go diaf OP.  QQ
Vector
Missing in Action
+6|5528|Cerbere Landing

Blade4509 wrote:

Vector wrote:

Yeah, one of the things I liked about the Battlefield series was that the game focuses a bit more on playability and less on realism than all the other post-9/11 games. I miss having things like a reticle and a mini-map, etc...
Vanilla BC2 has all that silly.
I'm not sure what you mean by "vanilla," but yeah, I'm just saying I avoid all the hardcore servers like the plague.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

My god HC really is super EZ mode. Was having a shit time today getting back into the game, so I went with the lowest ping I could find; turned out to be hardcore. Then I proceeded to rape. FFS.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5501|America

Vector wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

Vector wrote:

Yeah, one of the things I liked about the Battlefield series was that the game focuses a bit more on playability and less on realism than all the other post-9/11 games. I miss having things like a reticle and a mini-map, etc...
Vanilla BC2 has all that silly.
I'm not sure what you mean by "vanilla," but yeah, I'm just saying I avoid all the hardcore servers like the plague.
I said vanilla because most people nowadays get hardcore and soft core mixed up because hardcore is easy mode, so most people call it the real soft core. Get it?
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6262
Yes Hardcore is bad. I don't understand why so many servers run it. I mean sure, one or two retarded communities will have 'Hardcore' servers simply because its called Hardcore and hence they must be better players by running it, but surely the vast majority realise how broken and boring it is? No? Apparently not, since it's everywhere.

It's like IO in BF2: I never want to play it and there's no way to filter it out of the crappy server browser.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-04-14 16:59:04)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Yes Hardcore is bad. I don't understand why so many servers run it. I mean sure, one or two retarded communities will have 'Hardcore' servers simply because its called Hardcore and hence they must be better players by running it, but surely the vast majority realise how broken and boring it is? No? Apparently not, since it's everywhere.

It's like IO in BF2: I never want to play it and there's no way to filter it out of the crappy server browser.
The hardcore servers we run are always full. The normal servers are not. People like hardcore for whatever reason but for those who actually enjoy squad play, it's about as fun as getting your teeth pulled. Can't tell you how many times I've witnessed a giant gagglefuck of half the attacking team hiding behind a rock praying they don't die while 2-3 people actually work to destroy the MCOMs.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6456|cuntshitlake

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

IO is the only fun thing in BF2 and there is a filter for it so comparison is bad.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6262
I didn't say IO wasn't fun. I said I didn't want to play it and can't filter it out.

And no there isn't a way. You can filter so there's only IO, but you can't filter out IO. What you can do is manually check every server's settings until you find one without IO (which is more than you can do here), but it's still a very similar situation.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-04-14 17:50:49)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard