Roc18
`
+655|5782|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Which one is better?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
different games
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6466|Foothills of S. Carolina

They both have their pluses, but probably BC2 just because it is newer, and the buildings explode.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6646

I voted BF2 but only because it has lasted me a long time and BC2 probably won't. But honestly,

Uzique wrote:

different games
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6698|67.222.138.85
EA put the Battlefield franchise on the line, BC2 must be compared to BF2 and other Battlefield games.

Of course it doesn't compare. It just shows EA is milking the Battlefield name and not respecting it.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
the pure 'Battlefield'-series and the 'Bad Company' sub-franchise are definitely divided in style, graphics and gameplay/engine

sure the game-modes are similar and they're both modern-combat... but that's about as far as the comparison goes.

i guess an analogous series is call of duty and the modern-warfare offshoot. MW sucks arse in comparison to (v)CoD, but i suppose there's room for proper side-by-side evaluation of mw1/mw2; and indeed it's probably more fitting to ask the question - bc or bc2?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6835|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Here's the breakdown of Battlefield games according to me.

BF1942 > BF2 > BFV > BF2142 > BFBC2
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
2142 better than bc2?

ouch

totally wrong, but ouch
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6335

Uzique wrote:

2142 better than bc2?

ouch

totally wrong, but ouch
I find 2142 to be as little comparable to Bc2 as Bf2 tbh. Different branch of the same franchise.

I did enjoy 2142 more than I did 2 though.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6698|67.222.138.85

Uzique wrote:

the pure 'Battlefield'-series and the 'Bad Company' sub-franchise are definitely divided in style, graphics and gameplay/engine

sure the game-modes are similar and they're both modern-combat... but that's about as far as the comparison goes.

i guess an analogous series is call of duty and the modern-warfare offshoot. MW sucks arse in comparison to (v)CoD, but i suppose there's room for proper side-by-side evaluation of mw1/mw2; and indeed it's probably more fitting to ask the question - bc or bc2?
1942 differs from BF2 in style, graphics, and gameplay/engine as much as BC2 differs from BF2, especially if you particularly compare conquest. 1942 obviously compares to BF2, and 1942 even stands on its own pretty well despite the obvious advances of the sequel.

Games in the same franchise should evolve as it goes along. Yes there are going to be different engines and moderate changes in gameplay style, but that doesn't change the fact that it's the same overarching idea that drives all the games. For example, the squad system of BF2 drastically changed from 1942 as destructible environments are an advancement compared to BF2. That doesn't mean the two aren't comparable.
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5447
BC2 imo, BF2 has had its days for me.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5741|شمال
bc2 is more of a console game. it is fun and all, but just not bf2-like
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6481|Gogledd Cymru

If you ask me now, I'll say I enjoy BC2 more.

Ask me in a year and I'll say BF2 is better, BF2 had such a range of things to do, so many good times that I doubt I'll have on BC2, this may be because of my age aswell, growing up playing BC2 and it would be different.
twiistaaa
+87|6660|mexico
well for single player it is obviously 100x better. multiplay bf2.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6556|Area 51
If you want some new, fast paced, mostly infantry based action, go for BC2. If you are more into the whole vehicle thing, go for BF2. Though, there are some maps that offer enough vehicle action in BC2 aswell..
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6436|The Land of Scott Walker
BC2 ... hitreg is better
Engineer_Fox
Has a horse outside
+48|5174|Hague City Firm - Holland
At the moment, for me, I say BC2. BF2 had me going for several years but due to the patches that fucked everything up, I broke my vanilla disc, my SF disc, booster pack disc and kept the boxes for the codes(I payed 50 Euro's for it, not trashing that away) and I don't see the big difference, both FPS shooter on PC.
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6682
I had more fun with BF2. There were some really good times until grenade spam IO took over. IO was fun but grenade spam wasn't.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5500|America

Rofl_My_Waffle wrote:

I had more fun with BF2. There were some really good times until grenade spam IO took over. IO was fun but grenade spam wasn't.
It's the same in BC2 shit just comes from the end of a gun instead of someones hand and they threw in one vehicle.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6705|Purplicious Wisconsin
Another I like cheese option? What the fuck I thought we were passed that.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
UrsusVonForsteck
+3|5285
BC2 is newer. But BF2 is better.

I love BC2. It can not replace BF2, but DICE is almost there.
thepilot91
+64|6227|Åland!

UrsusVonForsteck wrote:

BC2 is newer. But BF2 is better.

I love BC2. It can not replace BF2, but DICE is almost there.
and hopefully they will keep on going in the right direction !
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire
i havent been able to play bc2 online much so i cant say yet, but so far bf2, it was just a one of a kind experience for me. not that bc2 hasnt been, just hasnt been as big of an impact.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6835|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Stingray24 wrote:

BC2 ... hitreg is better
What?

Try getting roadkills in the quad bike in BC2.

IT CAN'T BE DONE unless he's standing completely still.

You just go right through him if he's moving, so you have to "tactically miss him" to kill him.
Kez
+778|5694|London, UK
BF2 will always have a place in my heart <3

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard