Heffty
+9|6768|Calgary, Alberta, Canada
This game is so messed up. I can't see what any of the pings are before going into a game, so time and time again I end up strafing from left to right. As soon as I get on a vehicle everything just starts shaking and the game takes time to catch up. I have to unload a whole round into a guy before he drops even at point blank range from behind. I hate all this blood crap that goes around my screen when I get hit like in COD. I prefered the way things were in BF2. Overall I have yet to play a game without lag. I try to choose servers that have names like Western, or Chicago, in them. I am from Calgary and in BF2 my ping was usually around 80-110 depending on the server. There are no other providers there that will give me better pings. How am I suppose to play these games with any level of competitiveness with lag like this?

And no...it's not my computer.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6780|Great Brown North
what OS are you on?
Heffty
Windows 7. I log in and everything is choppy. I can't even run two feet. As soon as I stop pressing keys my guy moves back a foot or two. I look at the mini map and things are jumping rather than smoothly moving. Same thing with dudes running around...they are choppy...one second they are in one spot, the next they are in another...with no movement in between. I have tried multiple servers tonight. I've also read in other forums of logging into admin settings for windows 7...but servers listed as having a ping of 100 give people 300. So obviously I'm not the only one with this problem.

Bottom line...all I should have to do is install this game, patch it, and play it. I shouldn't have to figure out work arounds to make a game I spend $60 of my money to play. It should just work.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6000|Vortex Ring State

Heffty wrote:

Windows 7. I log in and everything is choppy. I can't even run two feet. As soon as I stop pressing keys my guy moves back a foot or two. I look at the mini map and things are jumping rather than smoothly moving. Same thing with dudes running around...they are choppy...one second they are in one spot, the next they are in another...with no movement in between. I have tried multiple servers tonight. I've also read in other forums of logging into admin settings for windows 7...but servers listed as having a ping of 100 give people 300. So obviously I'm not the only one with this problem.

Bottom line...all I should have to do is install this game, patch it, and play it. I shouldn't have to figure out work arounds to make a game I spend $60 of my money to play. It should just work.
XP FTW. Friggin MS fucking up a game.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6780|Great Brown North
yeah i was going to tell you to right click the shortcut and run the game as administrator

buuuuuuuuut nevermind now lol

im not sure what to tell you buuuuuudddddddeeeeee
Bevo
Nah
+718|6521|Austin, Texas
I dont see any pings either and I run XP... there isn't even a "run as admin" option
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6760|San Antonio, Texas
Umm... The beta showed you the pings...
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Nope, only in G15 app.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6760|San Antonio, Texas

DeathUnlimited wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Nope, only in G15 app.
On the master server list it did.

*  You may post in 8 seconds
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Nope, only in G15 app.

Oh yeah, it was bugged though. I had over half of them blank
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Bevo
Nah
+718|6521|Austin, Texas

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

didn't see any pings in the beta either
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6344

DeathUnlimited wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Nope, only in G15 app.

Oh yeah, it was bugged though. I had over half of them blank
This
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6546
I finally fixed mine by running steam in admin mode. Servers are still iffy though. Sometimes the ping will list 60 but the server title will say a country that is 1000 miles away.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
zeidmaan
+234|6415|Vienna

I can see the ping for about half the servers in the server list

But the pings that are listed seem to be accurate. To be on the safe side I also look for a server with location in the name.

This usually leads to a good game although probably unbalanced
GullyFoyle
+25|5387

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

I finally fixed mine by running steam in admin mode. Servers are still iffy though. Sometimes the ping will list 60 but the server title will say a country that is 1000 miles away.
Heffty, is it this?  Are you running BFBC2 under Staem?  If so, run both Steam and BFBC2 as Admin.
Also, if you are judging the true pings based on the ping on the scorebard within the game, these are not accurate. 

Source

Pings show high or different in game

Pings in the lobby are the closest to accurate.

In game its not the same measurement.

In game ping is really a read of your packet to the server, the time it takes the server to process said packet and update game info, then send it back to you.

So lobby reads 35ms and in game it reads 150ms so it took the server 115ms to processit, update it and send it back.

This is also something they are working on.
Heffty
Nah, I actually bought a hard copy of this game.

All in all it sucks there are no decent servers in Calgary. It's a city of over a million people, you'd think there'd at least be one. Kinda sucks having to go up against someone with a ping of 15 when you've got 120 in the first place. Usually that's what i deal with, but what I've had to endure with this BFBC2 is beyond that and not being able to choose something somewhat close is not helping.

Last edited by Heffty (2010-03-10 18:53:58)

Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6172|New Austin, Not
The closest ones I can recall are the LA servers...there arent any in western Canada and that is bullshit.

Last edited by Rohirm (2010-03-10 23:10:48)

Heffty
Yeah, how the hell is it there are no servers in Western Canada? And...I still have no pings in my browser.

Last edited by Heffty (2010-04-04 20:24:00)

Marlo Stanfield
online poker tax cheating
+122|5163

Heffty wrote:

Yeah, how the hell is it there are no servers in Western Canada?
This saddens me.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5509|America
I just remember all the great ones I played on BF2. They all work well. Try that.

Last edited by Blade4509 (2010-04-04 21:56:29)

"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Heffty
What great Western Canadian servers were there Blade4509?
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5509|America
Dont know. Don't care. I don't live there. You should know.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Heffty

Blade4509 wrote:

I just remember all the great ones I played on BF2. They all work well. Try that.
Well how can I try that if there weren't any, and aren't any? You are simply assuming there were some in BF2...which there were not. Thanks for the excellent input on the subject though. Very helpful. You've really added some great insight to this thread.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5509|America

Heffty wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

Well how can I try that if there weren't any, and aren't any? You are simply assuming there were some in BF2...which there were not. Thanks for the excellent input on the subject though. Very helpful. You've really added some great insight to this thread.
Why you hatin'?
Minion
C:/DOS - C:/DOS/RUN - RUN/DOS/RUN
+54|6599|Newfoundland, Canada
I think I'm having the exact same problem as you, only my lag only hits me every once and a while...

Sometimes I'll be doing fine, lag won't be an issue.  Then out of nowhere I start spiking all over the place, getting hardcore rubber-band lag and everyone skipping all over the place.. That will last for a couple of minutes, then it's back to normal..

Is it my game? My connection? Or just BC2 hating me?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f69858a2977e77bc2fdf9f5a2ba4a4d0177f38c0.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard