Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England
Anyone else having this problem? I got into one server today for a few hours after having problems last night and this morning connecting. Now I can't get into any servers again. Really pissing me off.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6360
Pc?
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England

west-phoenix-az wrote:

Pc?
Yeah
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439
Read the bottom news ticker.

DICE has acknowledged their existence and will work on fix.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North
lol

i have yet to be able to play
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6716|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark
Join the club old boy! Tis rather annoying!
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6642|UK
same.

at least with that piece of shit that is IWnet, you could play on release.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Timelord_
+25|6508
The cats over at Bashandslash have apparently figured out how to fix this.
SealXo
+309|6506
^^ doesnt help. i dont have it through steam.

everytime i click join it says the server is full.

errrrr

usually it goes away if i restart the game
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North
lol now i cant see pings...... fuck sakes dice
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
it wouldn't be bf without a litany of bugs and connection problems

ps. no i can't join a server any more either

Last edited by Spark (2010-03-05 02:17:08)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
it took like an hour but i finally managed to connect to a server again

played for 5 minutes, then got kicked.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6598|UK
DICE have asked server providers not to put any more servers online until they've resolved the issues.

i3D.net wrote:

DICE actually requested we stop putting new servers online for a day or so to get the issues sorted

[...]

backend needs to be upgraded + the client protocol needs to be adjusted a bit so the way they grab the server list changes

Last edited by liquidat0r (2010-03-05 04:22:16)

theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6583|balls
dunno if it helps, but i uninstalled the bc2 demo of course.  I also do not check any "server filter options"  and can usually get into a game.  i usually use the same server so maybe this is not a fix, but thought i'd offer it out.

Last edited by theknuck (2010-03-05 08:17:06)

The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
Anyone else still getting problems connecting?

Only had about 2 games so far and l'm getting rather fucking bored of it now.
Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6574|Philadelphia, PA

The_Guardsman wrote:

Anyone else still getting problems connecting?

Only had about 2 games so far and l'm getting rather fucking bored of it now.
I'm having a bunch of problems. Most of the time the game tells me that every single server I try to connect to is full or I try "play now" and it just sits there doing nothing. After an hour of trying I got on to a server, played for one round left the server to join another server and now it keeps saying "failed to connect to EA online" or "lost connection to the sever".
m3thod
+2,197|6642|UK
you try for an hour? fuck me i give up after 5 mins and go back to mw2.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
tis a bit of a shame

m3thod add me to your friends list you massive queer: afxz
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
m3thod
+2,197|6642|UK
sure, but i've played only one round since release, which was at 5am and tbh didn't have a clue what was going on as i was playing rush.
ruisleipa
+149|6193|teh FIN-land
Seems the connections are worse on PC than PS3 at least...so typical for a BF game. Here's our awesome product! Good luck playing it!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
look. it's an issue caused partly by their server-system and partly by punkbuster. they released a server-side quick-patch. punkbuster didn't keep up. now the server/clients are out of sync. every server you join except for the rare few that have already restarted/updated will kick you after 10-15 seconds with a pb-init failure. it'll be fixed soon.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!

Uzique wrote:

look. it's an issue caused partly by their server-system and partly by punkbuster. they released a server-side quick-patch. punkbuster didn't keep up. now the server/clients are out of sync. every server you join except for the rare few that have already restarted/updated will kick you after 10-15 seconds with a pb-init failure. it'll be fixed soon.
Bloody hope so old chap!
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6770|Long Beach, CA
I know they are working on this problem but when I catch a good server I play for hrs so it aint to big a deal...I do wish I could see pings of the servers though.
Ptfo
SealXo
+309|6506
3rd day in a row of no connections
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6445|Foothills of S. Carolina

Nice to know that by the time I get back in town and am able to play MP again they should (hopefully) have these problems sorted.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard