ouch PS3
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
jord
+2,382|6728|The North, beyond the wall.

jord wrote:

Miggle wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Ugh.. why would I?

PC is vastly superior, but game makers are stupid enough to think Consoles are a good counter to piracy...
this is miserably inaccurate.
Offers no valid retort, not even an excuse. Sigh...
I wish I could make rediculous ill informed posts here and then when called up on it not reply.

Gg floppy
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6336|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

jord wrote:

jord wrote:

Miggle wrote:

this is miserably inaccurate.
I wish I could make rediculous ill informed posts here and then when called up on it not reply.

Gg floppy
Derp-herp

That was the reason one major developer gave for only releasing a game on console tbh
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6587|Long Island, New York

FloppY_ wrote:

jord wrote:

jord wrote:

Gg floppy
Derp-herp

That was the reason one major developer gave for only releasing a game on console tbh
Oh shit, this is huge news. Crytek now speaks for an entire billion dollar industry.

Anyways..

Picked it up. Most of the reviews say it's better than FO3... but has so many bugs and say that Obsidian and Bethesda should be ashamed for releasing a product with so many.

I shall see. FO3 crashed on me like 3 times in probsbly 150 hours.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6206|Vancouver | Canada
Is the combat still utter shit and dead boring?
FloppY_
­

Poseidon wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

jord wrote:

Gg floppy
Derp-herp

Oh shit, this is huge news. Crytek now speaks for an entire billion dollar industry.

Anyways..

Picked it up. Most of the reviews say it's better than FO3... but has so many bugs and say that Obsidian and Bethesda should be ashamed for releasing a product with so many.

My fallout 3 crashed roughly once every hour somewhere in the mid-range of the patches
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6787|Oxferd Ohire
i never had any problems with fo3 except my sound card was too old and caused constant bzzzzing and other random sounds
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6398|Belfast

FloppY_ wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Derp-herp

Anyways..

My fallout 3 crashed roughly once every hour somewhere in the mid-range of the patches
My GOTY edition crashed about five time after 80 or so hours of gameplay, surprisingly. However, since the PS3 version was fucked up so badly, once the save file got over 12mb, the game became unplayable. Bethesda never bothered to fix it

I can live with bugs, all games have them. Such is the nature of game development and programming in general. I just hope Obsidian doesn't neglect the PS3 version like how Bethesda did, it wasn't fair.

Last edited by henno13 (2010-10-19 11:52:21)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

FloppY_ wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Derp-herp

Anyways..

I was on the 360 version.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

Just did the first quest, leveled up to 2. Not gonna do hardcore mode until my next runthrough. Gonna do all the quests/do everything I can on this runthrough. It's not bad so far, but it definitely doesn't have the immersion level (so far) that FO3 did for me.

I mean seriously... seeing your own birth? What can top that?

inb4seeingyourownconception
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6398|Belfast

Poseidon wrote:

It's not bad so far, but it definitely doesn't have the immersion level (so far) that FO3 did for me.

Poseidon wrote:

Not gonna do hardcore mode until my next runthrough
Needs moar hardcore. I'll be playing Hardcore mode on my first run through, has there been a game that that requires you to eat, drink and sleep just to survive?

Last edited by henno13 (2010-10-19 12:12:42)

FloppY_
­
Oh I hate different release days, as far as this thread goes, I will sit with my fingers in my ears untill the 22nd

*lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala*can't hear youuu*lalalalal...*
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

henno13 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

It's not bad so far, but it definitely doesn't have the immersion level (so far) that FO3 did for me.

Poseidon wrote:

Needs moar hardcore. I'll be playing Hardcore mode on my first run through, has there been a game that that requires you to eat, drink and sleep just to survive?
https://en.onsoftware.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/the-sims-box.png
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6792|FUCK UBISOFT

henno13 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

the ship did.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6518

henno13 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

That salarian selling video games in ME2 wrote:

Nowadays role playing games are all about interesting choices and exciting combat. I like the old ones more where you gotta remember to drink water.
Really, it's nothing new. Maybe to Fallout but not to games in general.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Level 5 Citizen (neutral karma) now. I've completed about 4-5 quests now. I feel so underpowered with this shitty leather armor. Give me back my Winterized T-51B plz.

I lol'd though, I adjusted the settings to turn the color layout from Amber to Green... it's like you're right back in FO3. Barely any difference in the gameplay mechanics. Though I suppose one could argue that makes for a true sequel.
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6176|So Cal

DefCon-17 wrote:

Is the combat still utter shit and dead boring?
Only when you have your eyes closed.
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
Stimey
­
+786|6170|Ontario | Canada
So I think my games fucked.
When I get to Primm, the NCR started shooting at me, I thought whatever I'll just kill them then go to the quest marker.
I go inside the building with the quest marker and everyone in the building turns around and kills me in milliseconds.

wat.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Chou
+737|6841

henno13 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Anyways..

My GOTY edition crashed about five time after 80 or so hours of gameplay, surprisingly. However, since the PS3 version was fucked up so badly, once the save file got over 12mb, the game became unplayable. Bethesda never bothered to fix it

I can live with bugs, all games have them. Such is the nature of game development and programming in general. I just hope Obsidian doesn't neglect the PS3 version like how Bethesda did, it wasn't fair.
They are incapable in fixing it it seems.
2 years further and nobody at Bethsoft even bothered fixing the issues in this engine, to me it's unacceptable.
Hallvard
+262|6572|North Norway

game seems a lot harder then FO3... I've died twice so far.. and ran around a lot with a crippled head and around 20% health left...

So far I like... but if I could just increase view distance properly it would be better I keep geting shot by invisible enemies

Last edited by Hallvard (2010-10-19 20:09:43)

Chou
+737|6841

Hallvard wrote:

game seems a lot harder then FO3... I've died twice so far.. and ran around a lot with a crippled head and around 20% health left...

So far I like... but if I could just increase view distance properly it would be better I keep geting shot by invisible enemies
Nightkin?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Chou wrote:

Hallvard wrote:

Nightkin?
I've never been killed by them. I've encountered them but they're civil. Almost Fawkes like. I told them a shipment of Stealth Boys got sent back to the manufacturer and Jason Bright rewarded me with...extending the quest.

I'm getting back into the whole Fallout mindset.

Boone is a sick companion. Dead aim on everything.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5559|America
Running everywhere sucks! Other than that pretty fun game so far.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
GR34
+215|6595|ALBERTA> CANADA

FloppY_ wrote:

jord wrote:

jord wrote:

Gg floppy
Derp-herp

Xbox can be pirated...... so yes pirates will always find a way
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6596
Step 1: Optimize your game to be played on an outdated console GFX card.
Step 2: Port to PC.
Step 3: Fail miserably.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard