Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
http://teamfortress.com/post.php?id=3014

It's only $2.50 on Steam. If you haven't already got TF2 now you have LITERALLY NO EXCUSE to get what is one of, if not the best multilayer games of all time.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

It's a reason it's called bf2s and not tf2s dumbass
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Of all the games that came with the Orange Box, this is the one I've spent the least time playing. Is it really that hard to get into? Or am I doin it wrong?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

mtb0minime wrote:

Of all the games that came with the Orange Box, this is the one I've spent the least time playing. Is it really that hard to get into? Or am I doin it wrong?
doin it wrong.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Just a heads up, it's only this cheap for another hour or so.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

doin it wrong.
Tips for doin it rite / Getting into it?
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

mtb0minime wrote:

I never got into it properly either (And I have over 100h of it). It's just too team-based and casual for me. I like games where I can confront superior numbers of enemies alone and outsmart them if I play well. In this game you have no chance if you run into a medic-solly/demo/heavy pair alone.

But for $2.50, everyone should get it.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

DeathUnlimited wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

I never got into it properly either (And I have over 100h of it). It's just too team-based and casual for me. I like games where I can confront superior numbers of enemies alone and outsmart them if I play well. In this game you have no chance if you run into a medic-solly/demo/heavy pair alone.

I totally get why you like CoD4.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
DUnlimited
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

Miggle wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

CoD4 is a bad example of that mentality because it is all about who can point and click first. BF2 is more like what I mean.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Miggle wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

CoD4 is a bad example of that mentality because it is all about who can point and click first. BF2 is more like what I mean.
except most of the cod4 playerbase can't aim for their lives and have the reaction time of a rock.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
Downloading now. Finally....
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
I bought it when it was £15.. and tbh, I know a lot of people love it, but I don't think it was worth £15.

It's not exactly a pretty game, and I know that's deliberate, but it's too clean for me. The gameplay is very team-based, and I respect it for that, as it does it extremely well, but I agree with DU, you can't have a clutch situation. I only found the game fun when the teams were balanced, when you were crushing the oposition, or the oposition was crushing you, the game became very boring.

A lot of fun with friends, and when teamwork actually takes place though.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5368|USA
It's a shit load of fun all around, you just have to find a decent server or play with friends.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

Finray wrote:

I bought it when it was £15.. and tbh, I know a lot of people love it, but I don't think it was worth £15.

It's not exactly a pretty game, and I know that's deliberate, but it's too clean for me. The gameplay is very team-based, and I respect it for that, as it does it extremely well, but I agree with DU, you can't have a clutch situation. I only found the game fun when the teams were balanced, when you were crushing the oposition, or the oposition was crushing you, the game became very boring.

A lot of fun with friends, and when teamwork actually takes place though.
No clutch?

Learn to play Demo. Possible with some of the other classes too though.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas
Confirming that the demoman = pubhero if you're doing it right. Pubbers fail at killing sentry guns which are used for area denial. You can take out almost any sentry gun without a medic.

More importantly, you can defeat medic soldier/demo/heavy pairs if you do it right. Kill the medic, kill the medic buddy. Be better than them. You'd be surprised at the difference between a 50h soldier and a 300h soldier.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
First impression: wtf? Did I just waste $2.50?
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

Superior Mind wrote:

First impression: wtf? Did I just waste $2.50?
It's worth $2.50 at least..
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas
It's kind of annoying in the sense that any nobhead can spam needlessly anywhere and pick up some frags. If you take the time to get good at it though (and im just on the tip of the iceberg, I'm afraid at 80h), it's truly devastating. I'm not scared of any class as demo.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6144|Sydney | ♥

I didn't like TF2 at first, as i'd come straight from BF2 etc, but now after playing with the steam engine for a while now, i've grown to enjoy it.

When us AUers jump on, it's pretty fun and lulzy.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440

DeathUnlimited wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

this is perfectly do-able, you've just never reached that zenith of high-skill.

i love playing as a good all-round class, e.g. solly/demo and being able to single-handedly defend a point, or advance a point. medic combos are only a challenge to the rudimentarily retarded.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
It's definitely a good bargain, but the problem for those of us who haven't bought it yet is the sheer amount of time you have to put in compared to those who have been playing since it was released. Most of the stock weapons are pretty full of suck, and to improve you oftentimes need those cumulative achievements. There's a bit of a learning curve as well for those who haven't even played it yet, either. One of my friends is a bit of a moron, as he bought the game with the Orange Box and doesn't play it because he "sucks at it" yet won't practice to get any better gear or improve his skills in general.

That being said, I wish I'd seen this topic an hour ago.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240

DesertFox- wrote:

Most of the stock weapons are pretty full of suck, and to improve you oftentimes need those cumulative achievements.
Is that a joke?

Almost all the stock weapons are far better than the unlocks.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

Uzique wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

i love playing as a good all-round class, e.g. solly/demo and being able to single-handedly defend a point, or advance a point. medic combos are only a challenge to the rudimentarily retarded.
I see no point in reaching the higher skill-levels if I can not have fun in the process.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Uzique wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

I see no point in reaching the higher skill-levels if I can not have fun in the process.
Evidently many people do... high-skill players aren't forced to play TF2 in neo-Stalinist gulags.

What shitty logic.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard