fuck i think im cracking up...thought i just posted something
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5752|شمال

Mekstizzle wrote:

Oh ok, what's your version then? Just curious

Here, read this also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_con … bcontinent
Trade. Islam was introduced via trade before the invasions.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone

ghettoperson wrote:

He looks like a massive douchebag.
to me he looks gay
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Christbane
+51|6236
OMG!!! outrage!!  i think they are more outraged that no one here knows who the fuck he is.   or gives a flying fuck.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6673|UK
How to get around this dumb system:

Brainwash a white guy.

lesson over.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England

Beduin wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Oh ok, what's your version then? Just curious

Here, read this also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_con … bcontinent
Trade. Islam was introduced via trade before the invasions.
That was very small compared to the actual invasions and empire building phase (and forceful conversions etc..). Think whatever helps you do whatever you want though.

It went pretty much like this. Arabs invade Persia. Persians convert to Arab religion. Persians + Mongols invade India (about 1000 years ago). About 1/3 eventually convert to Arab religion. (rinse and repeat for the rest of the non-Arab Muslim world)

The other bits such as trade etc.. were small in the historical context compared.

Hell, even most of the Arabs themselves were converted because they got their arses kicked either by Muhammad or his cronies after he died.

Islam has an extremely violent past and only someone who buries his head in the sand would think otherwise, the worst of all the major religions, and the reason it's so widespread is because of this violence. The same goes for Christianity in Europe (to a lesser extent) but to a bigger extent, Christianity in places like Africa and the Americas.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-08-17 10:38:11)

Beduin
+510|5752|شمال

Mekstizzle wrote:

That was very small compared to the actual invasions and empire building phase (and forceful conversions etc..). Think whatever helps you do whatever you want though.

It went pretty much like this. Arabs invade Persia. Persians convert to Arab religion. Persians + Mongols invade India (about 1000 years ago). About 1/3 eventually convert to Arab religion. (rinse and repeat for the rest of the non-Arab Muslim world)

The other bits such as trade etc.. were small in the historical context compared.

Hell, even most of the Arabs themselves were converted because they got their arses kicked either by Muhammad or his cronies after he died.

Islam has an extremely violent past and only someone who buries his head in the sand would think otherwise, the worst of all the major religions, and the reason it's so widespread is because of this violence. The same goes for Christianity in Europe (to a lesser extent) but to a bigger extent, Christianity in places like Africa and the Americas.
You used the word introduced, but you really meant conquered/invaded?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
Nope, like I said. In the historical context and taking into account the bigger picture for the entire region. It was the invasions and conquests that primarily introduced the religion.
Beduin
+510|5752|شمال

Mekstizzle wrote:

Nope, like I said. In the historical context and taking into account the bigger picture for the entire region. It was the invasions and conquests that primarily introduced the religion.
ök
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

Adams_BJ wrote:

Global Icon my ass
He is. He's a massive Bollywood star. I'm fairly sure Bollywood films are seen by more people than Hollywood films....
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
I don't really see the big controversy here...

Famous guy was routinely stopped and detained at an airport because he was non-white?

Well duh, don't fly to the US if you don't want that treatment!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

Bertster7 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Global Icon my ass
He is. He's a massive Bollywood star. I'm fairly sure Bollywood films are seen by more people than Hollywood films....
But those people all live in India. Hardly the globe.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

ghettoperson wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Global Icon my ass
But those people all live in India. Hardly the globe.
Actually, a lot of the globe. It's not just India.

It's the entire Indian subcontinent, the Middle East, Africa, some of Russia (and former soviet states) and China.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

You sure? I can imagine India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and that sort of area, but Africa and China? Also, aren't those movies all in Hindi? At least, from what I've very briefly seen of them they are.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

ghettoperson wrote:

You sure? I can imagine India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and that sort of area, but Africa and China? Also, aren't those movies all in Hindi? At least, from what I've very briefly seen of them they are.
They get dubbed.

Wiki wrote:

Bollywood movies are also popular in Afghanistan due to the country's proximity with the Indian subcontinent and certain other cultural perspectives present in the movies. A number of Bollywood movies were filmed inside Afghanistan while some dealt with the country, including Dharmatma, Kabul Express, Khuda Gawah and Escape From Taliban. Hindi films have also been popular in numerous Arab countries, including Palestine, Jordan, Egypt and the Gulf countries. Imported Indian films are usually subtitled in Arabic upon the film's release. Since the early 2000s, Bollywood has progressed in Israel. Special channels dedicated to Indian films have been displayed on cable television. Bollywood films are also popular across Southeast Asia (particularly the Malay Archipelago) and Central Asia (particularly in Uzbekistan and Tajikistan).

Bollywood films are particularly popular in the former Soviet Union. Bollywood films have been dubbed into Russian.
Apparently China don't watch so many these days, but they still occasionally get nationwide cinema releases.

It's not all of Africa either, but Chad, Somalia, Ethiopia and Nigeria all have large Bollywood markets.

Also, in terms of total ticket sales:
Bollywood sold 3.6 billion tickets and had total revenues (theatre tickets, DVDs, television etc.) of US$1.3 billion, whereas Hollywood films sold 2.6 billion tickets and generated total revenues (again from all formats) of US$51 billion.
That's a billion extra tickets.

Bollywood is huge. It just gets ignored by the West a lot because it's all shit.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2009-08-17 13:35:29)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

Intriguing. Still, if you were to drop Tom Cruise in any airport in the world, I'd say he's got a hell of a lot better chance of being recognised than this Bollywood chappy. Euan McGregor managed to get recognised just about everywhere by someone when he did his round the world trips.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6634|949

There's a Bollywood In-Demand channel here.  It just launched recently..

So was he angry that he was "routinely detained" or that no one recognized him?
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6634

Bertster7 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

They get dubbed.

Wiki wrote:

Bollywood movies are also popular in Afghanistan due to the country's proximity with the Indian subcontinent and certain other cultural perspectives present in the movies. A number of Bollywood movies were filmed inside Afghanistan while some dealt with the country, including Dharmatma, Kabul Express, Khuda Gawah and Escape From Taliban. Hindi films have also been popular in numerous Arab countries, including Palestine, Jordan, Egypt and the Gulf countries. Imported Indian films are usually subtitled in Arabic upon the film's release. Since the early 2000s, Bollywood has progressed in Israel. Special channels dedicated to Indian films have been displayed on cable television. Bollywood films are also popular across Southeast Asia (particularly the Malay Archipelago) and Central Asia (particularly in Uzbekistan and Tajikistan).

Bollywood films are particularly popular in the former Soviet Union. Bollywood films have been dubbed into Russian.
Apparently China don't watch so many these days, but they still occasionally get nationwide cinema releases.

It's not all of Africa either, but Chad, Somalia, Ethiopia and Nigeria all have large Bollywood markets.

Also, in terms of total ticket sales:
Bollywood sold 3.6 billion tickets and had total revenues (theatre tickets, DVDs, television etc.) of US$1.3 billion, whereas Hollywood films sold 2.6 billion tickets and generated total revenues (again from all formats) of US$51 billion.
That's a billion extra tickets.

Bollywood is huge. It just gets ignored by the West a lot because it's all shit.
It's starting to come over to the west now. Sylvester Styllone (sp) just made an indian movie about a month back. Snoop Dogg has done a soundtrack for a bollywood movie too.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

Goonies, no one is going to start watching your stupid Indian musicals.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard