Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6431|King Of The Islands

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

the fault was more likely with Microsoft.
Exsqueeze me?
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6262
All Left 4 Dead content comes out at the same time as the Xbox content. It's something Valve was touting as a 'feature' before the game's release, and it basically means that Valve finish the content a few weeks before it's released, then wait for MS to certify the Xbox version before they can release it.

So a delay this close to the release (They said late last week that it was meant to be out yesterday) can only be Microsoft, because the content was finished weeks ago.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6431|King Of The Islands

Since when does XBox get updated.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6538
Crash Course is out. 85%
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6262
Left 4 Dead

* A new campaign, "Crash Course", is now available for play in Campaign, Versus and Survival modes
    * In Versus mode, all weapons, pills, health packs, molotovs, pipe bombs and other items will now be identical for the second round of a chapter
    * Matchmaking has had several improvements to make finding and joining games even faster
    * Ten all new "Crash Course" achievements have been added
What a terrible patch. And here I was expecting a (very long overdue) big list of bug and balance fixes. But there's literally nothing .

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-09-29 11:13:53)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

Does anyone still play this game? It didn't even last as long as CoD4 for me.
I only play this every once in a while for shits and giggles, and can only tolerate it when not sober.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6456|cuntshitlake

I can only tolerate it when I have a server and at least two friends to play with. Might try this some time.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6262
No i've not played regularly it since around Febuary.

And since they've done absolutely nothing to help the completely broken gameplay in VS mode then I can see it continuing like this for a while. I mean i'll play the new levels (when the Steam servers arent too busy), but I can't see it lasting long. New levels or not, the gameplay is going to be identical to what we've already played to death. New infected and weapons, and more importantly bug and balance fixes (ie stuff that can't be done in the SDK) is whats needed.
Brasso
+1,549|6623

they changed the notification area from lower right to upper right

anyone know how to force update the game?  trying to play with a friend and it wont update automatically
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6538
Versus + 3-8 friends is the winning combination. 9 out of 10 pub games are intolerable.
edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5391|USA
Starting a Crash Course campaign in like 15mins.

Joinnnn.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6456|cuntshitlake

haffeysucks wrote:

anyone know how to force update the game?  trying to play with a friend and it wont update automatically
Restart steam
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6398|NSW, Australia

so crash course isnt great...
DUnlimited
+1,160|6456|cuntshitlake

RavyGravy wrote:

Big surprise? It's a minimal effort from valve trying to buy us back after their fucked up plans with L4D2. I am just not pleased with that company anymore.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6262

haffeysucks wrote:

That's a good thing. It was so annoying trying to play when someone was spamming you with messages. You couldnt see your health!

As for the campaign, so far all I have to say is: He was a ZOMBIE Francis!

Also the end was disappointing. Whats the point of getting an awesome looking truck if the end cutscene is over in 2 seconds and you don't even get to see it doing anything. Overall it was pretty fun in singleplayer. Not tried anything else.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-09-30 00:58:04)

Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5976|Perth, Australia
I quite like the campaign. It''s short and all but the levels seem quite large by themselves.

Lots of tanks though. Across the two levels there were 5 tanks. I'm assuming there wouldn't be that many in vs. I'm looking forward to playing it vs as there seem to be quite a few good places to attack from. Should be interesting.

Loads of nades and ammo. I don't know where exactly they expect you to use all this ammo but there is shitloads of it.

Also has anyone else noted the weapons Louis and Bill are holding in the campaign poster? They certainly don't look like the standard l4d ones. Maybe this has been mentioned before when the poster was first shown but i only just noticed it while loading.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6398|NSW, Australia

every loading poster has weapons that dint make an appearance in the game, kinda stupid thing to put in there but w/e
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6657|NT, like Mick Dundee

DeathUnlimited wrote:

RavyGravy wrote:

Big surprise? It's a minimal effort from valve trying to buy us back after their fucked up plans with L4D2. I am just not pleased with that company anymore.
I'll stand by them on their previous record.

L4D2 is a black mark though. Right pissed off with that.

Oh and the lack of a continuation of Adrian Shepherd's story in HL2.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Brasso
+1,549|6623

DeathUnlimited wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Restart steam
duh, didn't work, changing download areas didn't work either.  w/e too late now

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

That's a good thing. It was so annoying trying to play when someone was spamming you with messages. You couldnt see your health!
you should know your health .  nah really, it is better i guess, it'll just take some getting used to

RavyGravy wrote:

every loading poster has weapons that dint make an appearance in the game, kinda stupid thing to put in there but w/e
yeah that's the first thing i said: "zoey's ugly!  i'm ugly now!  and bill's bill, francis is francis, and louis is still black.  and everyone's still holding weapons that aren't even in the game."
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5391|USA
I didn't expect it to be this shitty.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6538

Crash course was probably supposed to be in the original release. The same goes for the weapons on the posters before they decided to screw us on proper content updates.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6262

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Crash course was probably supposed to be in the original release. The same goes for the weapons on the posters before they decided to screw us on proper content updates.
They said ages ago that they deliberately left out parts of the story so they could be filled in later on. I think this was when they were still thinking they were going to actually regularly update Left 4 Dead. And those sounds used to be part of a cutscene at the end of No Mercy where the pilot turned and they crashed, which was removed because it made players feel they'd accomplished nothing.

A few other things about the update:

No new Bill voice lines
CC Achievements reset every time you restart the game
Getting on the minigun at the Howitzer is . Your arms go nuts.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6538
I got the tank stumble achievement for simply shooting a propane tank. I also got the "win a versus game on crash course" after losing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard