Mitch
16 more years
+877|6517|South Florida
Well.
No one knows what happens after death.

Some believe in god.
Others do not - including me.

I do not believe there is a heaven or hell, and i can tell you why.

Before life, what conciousness did you have? Before the day of your conception, before the sperm met the egg, what life did you have? You didn't experience heaven, hell, or anything that is not nothing.

So essentially, we've all been dead. We've all had a basically infinite amount of time 'dead' before we were 'born'.

This leads me to believe, sadly, and as scary as it is, death is the same nothingness you experienced for the infinite time before your birth.

Discuss.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6698|67.222.138.85

Mitch wrote:

You didn't experience heaven, hell, or anything that is not nothing.
Prove it.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6517|South Florida

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Prove it.
Because i and no-one else remembers it therefore it doesnt exist
15 more years! 15 more years!
GR34
+215|6537|ALBERTA> CANADA
Hey Fuck You! I Will Believe In Frosty The God Dammed Snow Man For As Long As I Want
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6614|Little Bentcock
I have thought this since I was about ten, but lately I had a revelation.

If we are all just particles, like everything else and we are experiencing the phenomena of consciousness, who's to say we won't experience another form of consciousness after our consciousness leaves the particles that we inhabit now.

" All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. -Bill Hicks"

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2009-07-18 20:17:30)

Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6563

Gooners wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

Gooners wrote:

Woop dee fucking doo mitch
ps being born is the closest Mitch has been to a vagina since
Lolz, sounds better when worded as "the last time you got pussy was when you left your moms'" wat.

Also, Mitch why not test this theory and kill yourself
True

and +1, i lol'd
Flaming_Maniac

Mitch wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Prove it.
1 - You don't know what anyone else remembers.

2 - Your memory is a biological function, physically tied to your body. You couldn't possibly "remember" something before your memory was physically formed, whether it existed or not. You sure as hell existed in your momma's womb and in the years following, but you don't remember that either.

Shoddy reasoning leading to a broad, run-of-the-mill conclusion ftl.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6614|Little Bentcock
I'm the only one that made a serious reply wasn't I
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6344|Troy, New York
Well this proves it guys. No god or anything.
Defiance
+438|6663

1) You're trying to discuss something that everyone has an opinion on, and no one can prove.

2) You tried posting it at new4chan.

Sorry.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6221|NSW, Australia

Mitch wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Prove it.
You cant see air, does air exist?
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6499
obv i agree
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

A man's dying is more the survivors' affair than his own. - Thomas Mann
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6499
great quote aussie i truly agree LD
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6821|Denver colorado
Mitch. read the lesions of the Buddha. very similar to what you're trying to talk about but its more neutral and open.
Ioan92
+337|5714
My theory?

Like sleep, but without ever waking up again.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

2 - Your memory is a biological function, physically tied to your body. You couldn't possibly "remember" something before your memory was physically formed, whether it existed or not. You sure as hell existed in your momma's womb and in the years following, but you don't remember that either.
Actually some scientist believe memories are handed down, primitive though they may be, hence "basic instinct" takes over from a Zebra to immediately start learning how to stand and walk and not just sit there.
Flaming_Maniac

AussieReaper wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Actually some scientist believe memories are handed down, primitive though they may be, hence "basic instinct" takes over from a Zebra to immediately start learning how to stand and walk and not just sit there.
You can't remember jack shit until your memory physically exists, as in your brain is something that can be poked. Whether those memories are passed down genetically or formed on your own.
bennisboy
+829|6638|Poundland
well seeing as your brain is what gives you consciousness and death is when your bodily organs stop working. Your consciousness ceases. Of course there is nothing, you dont even experience nothing, your consciousness jus ceases. Its not exactly a crazy new theory u have here mitch.

Also why does everyone hate mitch?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

You can't remember jack shit until your memory physically exists, as in your brain is something that can be poked. Whether those memories are passed down genetically or formed on your own.
How do moths know to fly if all they have is the memories of a caterpillar? Why does a baby cry and not laugh when hurt?

An emotional response can't be learned when you're a baby, but break a babies thumbs and I do believe its going to cry.

There are traits you are born with, that are more than just chemicals in your brain.
bennisboy
+829|6638|Poundland

AussieReaper wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

How do moths know to fly if all they have is the memories of a caterpillar? Why does a baby cry and not laugh when hurt?

An emotional response can't be learned when you're a baby, but break a babies thumbs and I do believe its going to cry.

There are traits you are born with, that are more than just chemicals in your brain.
Crying for babies is not emotional. Its their way to get attention because they cannot speak. This is why they cry for every little thing until they are old enough to talk. Then doing this is to do with nature, all new borns in the animal kingdom do it, it is a way of signalling that they need something.

They do not do this from memory, it is from instinct. Memory is things you have experienced and remembered, instinct is a genetically programmed reaction to an occurence, like a baby crying.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

bennisboy wrote:

Crying for babies is not emotional. Its their way to get attention because they cannot speak. This is why they cry for every little thing until they are old enough to talk. Then doing this is to do with nature, all new borns in the animal kingdom do it, it is a way of signalling that they need something.

They do not do this from memory, it is from instinct. Memory is things you have experienced and remembered, instinct is a genetically programmed reaction to an occurence, like a baby crying.
Genetically programmed where, in the brain? How does a baby know that crying isn't just going to attract the wrong kind of attention and more pain?

Instinct can be considered instinct only when it is repeated again and again in the same species without external influence changing that behaviour. Much like having the memory that fire is hot. If you knew that to begin with you would never have burned yourself when you were younger.

bennisboy wrote:

instinct is a genetically programmed reaction to an occurence, like a baby crying.
How can it be the same reaction if you haven't experienced it before?
bennisboy
+829|6638|Poundland

AussieReaper wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

Genetically programmed where, in the brain? How does a baby know that crying isn't just going to attract the wrong kind of attention and more pain?

Instinct can be considered instinct only when it is repeated again and again in the same species without external influence changing that behaviour. Much like having the memory that fire is hot. If you knew that to begin with you would never have burned yourself when you were younger.

bennisboy wrote:

instinct is a genetically programmed reaction to an occurence, like a baby crying.
How can it be the same reaction if you haven't experienced it before?
Your post made little to no sense. Maybe you should try posting your thoughts again in a coherent manner.
What do you mean how does a baby know crying wont attract more pain? Its instinct, its what all young animals do. External influence hasnt changed any of that behaviour.
Flaming_Maniac

AussieReaper wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

I still don't think you understand what I am saying. If a baby does not have a brain yet, it does not have a memory. haha

Mitch said "before you are born" or whatever, and I am saying the memory itself, the particles arranged in your brain that can store/recall memories, does not exist in space yet.
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6352|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
bear with me here, its 5:42 am here, the sun is rising, and there is no way in hell that i should be up at this hour. 

you get born, your memory is not developed enough to remember anything from about 0days old - (around) 2 years old.
then, you live your life.  you die. (this is where the tricky part comes in)

either you cease to exist (you are nothing, just like you were before you were concieved)

or, you go on to something different.
the notion of god is bullshit, but i like to believe there is something controling all this madness, and that there is something after death on earth

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard