GR34
+215|6546|ALBERTA> CANADA
it would be good if I could fly/ drive a LAV online
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5754|Roma
Arma 2 is much more polished than Arma 1 but it still feels very buggy and very graphic demanding.
Seems like my 8-core does little job to help the game run smooth.
and plus there is too much blurr in the game.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6446|The Land of Scott Walker
The blur is very strange, makes you want to rub your eyes.
-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5635|Southern California
Horribly flawed.
Stingray24
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6157|Vancouver | Canada
The aiming itself is enough to make me uninstall the demo.

..and what the hell is wrong with the default controls? Numpad 0 to use the sights?

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2009-06-28 11:13:44)

SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6660|The darkside of Denver
Im shocked with how poorly optimized it is.  it runs like shit even on the latest i7 rigs.  I really wanted this to be good.  looks like waiting for OFP2 wont be too bad...
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Its sucks cos when I see vids like this it looks absolutley awsm (particularly the jet crash at the start), until the weapon flash that is. Thing is its just too demanding. BIS may have been around for a while but they still haven't really nailed a user-friendly game since they worked with CM.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6660|The darkside of Denver
The demo plays well on my machine actually.  I can run it on all high no AA smoothly.  The voices are terrible though... dunno if its worth a purchase.
GR34
+215|6546|ALBERTA> CANADA
i threw up while sprinting in game, real puke, the bobbing is really unrealistic
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6344
I read a test in my monthly game mag. It´s übershit. Total ripoff.

AI and scripting errors make playing the campaign impossible. You either can´t finish missions or they finish themselves all of a sudden, without you doing anything.
Then there´s the hardware demand, which hinderes the game to run smoothly on 7 out of 10 machines.
Tanks get catapulted into the orbit while driving over a mere pebble.

Radio chatter interrupts important story and objectives info, plus, they use the same voices they used back in OFP.
Localisation, at least in german, is even beyond incomprehensible.

At this point, it´s not even a beta, for a gold master price. Total ripoff!
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5754|Roma
yeah i'm still very disapointed.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5751|شمال

usmarine wrote:

can anyone answer my question?  i mean some of you are IT/computer people.  how do these people get away with making shit after shit?
easy: Thats how it is .

new graphic engine + software must run on all sorts of machines = problems
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Stingray24
New engine + unfinished game sold for $50 = pissed off gamers ...
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5754|Roma

Stingray24 wrote:

New engine + unfinished game sold for $50 = pissed off gamers ...
new engine + gamers who buy an unifinished game without trying the demo = pissed off and also stupid gamers.
Stingray24
Glad I tried the demo and read reviews ... and then decided to wait for OFP2.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5905|CA
Is it just me, or do the trailer's animations and combat look incredibly fake and jerky for a "combat simulator?"  I was viewing the trailer on Steam and couldn't help to think that this game looks like a 2003 era game...
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6438|Brisbane, Australia
I got the full game.

Its great.

But I played ArmA1 for over 1000 hours with a dedicated community doing immersion missions and stuff, I dont know if I could play this game without being in the community.
Longbow
+163|6647|Odessa, Ukraine
muzzle flash is so 90's...
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6710|Charlie One Alpha
It looks great. But my machine can't properly run it. I'll be hopping along fine and then BOOM my PC overheats and shuts itself off.

I don't know what the complaints about aiming are about. OFP and ArmA and also ArmA2 have the most realistic aiming I have experienced in a videogame. (I handle a C7 - basically an M16 - for money, that is to say I'm in the military, so I'd say my opinion on the matter carries some weight.) On the other hand, machineguns feel a little weird, but that is more to do with the recoil than the aiming. The aiming feels good to me.

Buggy as hell though.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6391

LaidBackNinja wrote:

It looks great. But my machine can't properly run it. I'll be hopping along fine and then BOOM my PC overheats and shuts itself off.

I don't know what the complaints about aiming are about. OFP and ArmA and also ArmA2 have the most realistic aiming I have experienced in a videogame. (I handle a C7 - basically an M16 - for money, that is to say I'm in the military, so I'd say my opinion on the matter carries some weight.) On the other hand, machineguns feel a little weird, but that is more to do with the recoil than the aiming. The aiming feels good to me.

Buggy as hell though.
People have been complaining about aiming?  I thought everyone was complaining about the awful framerates and clunky animation.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6710|Charlie One Alpha

some_random_panda wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Buggy as hell though.
People have been complaining about aiming?  I thought everyone was complaining about the awful framerates and clunky animation.

DefCon-17 wrote:

The aiming itself is enough to make me uninstall the demo.

Finray wrote:

It's shit.
...combat is shit, aiming is terrible.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Chorcai
+49|6649|Ireland
No one said anything on the controls, holy mother of god every key is binded to something, lets say you want to invert your contorls for flying the chopper, well it inverts everything !! I found when you go to pick up a kit/weapon you have to lay down on the ground, then get back up. Theres lots of cool stuff, like when your laying down with your gun and you have a SRAW/RPG it sticks out on the top left. The chopper is kinda cool to fly but ya touch anything and puff your dead.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

I'm reading about the same clumsy menu and cumbersome controls that plagued the first one. I'll give it some time.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6157|Vancouver | Canada

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Buggy as hell though.
You obviously don't play any online shooters.

I'll try playing it once someone figures out how to force mouse accell off in-game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard