ghettoperson
+1,943|6667

Post any uninteresting audio related bullshit arguments in here. No one cares, and it ruins perfectly good threads.

I need a mod at this point to say, "do this, or you're banned". kthx
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6215|Winland

I'm sorry, I'm just so weak for his arguments. He is so wrong on so many points that I just drop to the mental level of a five-year-old to prove him wrong. I think the best way to solve the problem would be for a mod to either move all posts here, or just give either or both of us a temp ban each time it happens.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6471|The Twilight Zone
debate is fine just don't say *this is SUPERIOR to that* it flames
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Hakei
Banned
+295|6013
You're such a fuckwit Freezer7Pro, neck yourself - cunt.

Last edited by Hakei (2009-05-31 07:58:47)

Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6215|Winland

.Sup wrote:

debate is fine just don't say *this is SUPERIOR to that* it flames

.Sup wrote:

HT Omega cards, ESI cards>Asus Xonar cards
http://www.htomega.com/
http://www.esi-pro.com/

lets play mofo
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
ghettoperson
+1,943|6667

Freezer7Pro wrote:

I'm sorry, I'm just so weak for his arguments. He is so wrong on so many points that I just drop to the mental level of a five-year-old to prove him wrong. I think the best way to solve the problem would be for a mod to either move all posts here, or just give either or both of us a temp ban each time it happens.
Ok, well every time he says something you consider to be stupid or wrong and it really isn't relevant to the rest of us, quote what he said, post it in here and then you're free to continue for pages and pages about it, without pissing anyone else off, and without fear of retribution from the mods.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6215|Winland

ghettoperson wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Ok, well every time he says something you consider to be stupid or wrong and it really isn't relevant to the rest of us, quote what he said, post it in here and then you're free to continue for pages and pages about it, without pissing anyone else off, and without fear of retribution from the mods.
Good idea. I'll keep it in mind.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6488
What both of you don't realize is that neither of you look 'cool' or awesome by arguing over it constantly...

Not as if either of you are doing anything useful with your audio equipment or musical passion, are you? Neither of you DJ at a basic level, let alone play an instrument or produce music. All you do is listen to 4 FLAC albums in your bedroom, whilst caring more about the fucking technical wizzardry of producing the sound than actually appreciating the SOUND itself. That's not cool, that's just pointless E-Penis geekery. My processor has more gigahertz than yours; my HD has a higher rpm than yours; my barely-used audio equipment has a higher fidelity than yours... who the fuck cares, this sort of one-up competition is supposed to die out on the school playground.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6215|Winland

Uzique wrote:

What both of you don't realize is that neither of you look 'cool' or awesome by arguing over it constantly...

Not as if either of you are doing anything useful with your audio equipment or musical passion, are you? Neither of you DJ at a basic level, let alone play an instrument or produce music. All you do is listen to 4 FLAC albums in your bedroom, whilst caring more about the fucking technical wizzardry of producing the sound than actually appreciating the SOUND itself. That's not cool, that's just pointless E-Penis geekery. My processor has more gigahertz than yours; my HD has a higher rpm than yours; my barely-used audio equipment has a higher fidelity than yours... who the fuck cares, this sort of one-up competition is supposed to die out on the school playground.
Tell us something we don't know.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6320

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Tell us something we don't know.
He did.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6432|Finland

They don't know when to stop
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
The_Sniper_NM
Official EVGA Fanboy
+94|6132|SC | USA |
I thought I got out of kindegarden 10 years ago.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5502|Bolingbrook, Illinois
I think Creative cards are the best.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6215|Winland

HaiBai wrote:

urrong
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5999|Toronto
Klipsch ftw. Amirite?
I like pie.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6677|The darkside of Denver
yes. Klipsch pwns.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6650

gUisE l0g1t3cH ma3K t3h b35T speAk3rS, r1te gUisE
CrazeD
+368|6691|Maine

Gooners wrote:

gUisE l0g1t3cH ma3K t3h b35T speAk3rS, r1te gUisE
Holy fuck, I need to get out more.

I read that just as if it was plain text.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5768|شمال
I always miss the good stuff, whats up wiith that?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5652|Southern California
cool thread is cool.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6781|d

HaiBai wrote:

Well i think there is no need for a sound card, motherboard FTW!
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6432|Finland

mafia996630 wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

Well i think there is no need for a sound card, motherboard FTW!
Integrated sound card is not a sound card, huh?

edit: Or do you prefer no sound at all?

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2009-06-01 06:02:12)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6457|King Of The Islands

PC Speaker > *
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
mr.hrundi
Wurstwassereis
+68|6455|Germany
Poor generation of young kids who have to argue about crap like that just because noone ever told them how beautiful good old vinyl record sounds...
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6615|Seattle

This whole thing already hurts my brains. Do you guys want me to clean this already "messier than freezer's room" thread?
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard