Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5624|The Wild West

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Man With No Name wrote:

It seems you guys are really calling for the spreading of wealth!
It's not called spreading the wealth, it's called our system is fucked and the stealing from my mouth to pay someone else over budgeting is ridicules.. if you can't finish out the budget, you have to cut income.

Sorry the unions don't protect regular people they can't protect public servants.. The government officials are on the same pyramid scam as the banks, only difference is the banks actually lost there own money.
you sound like a commie dude
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6454|North Carolina

Man With No Name wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Man With No Name wrote:

It's not called spreading the wealth, it's called our system is fucked and the stealing from my mouth to pay someone else over budgeting is ridicules.. if you can't finish out the budget, you have to cut income.

Sorry the unions don't protect regular people they can't protect public servants.. The government officials are on the same pyramid scam as the banks, only difference is the banks actually lost there own money.
He makes a good point though....   In a time of deficits, something has to give.

Social Security will face this dilemma very soon....
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6745|NJ

Man With No Name wrote:

Turquoise
O Canada

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Man With No Name wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Hey lets all get government jobs.. So the government can take care of us and deem what job is worth what..

Wait a min what is that called?

When the private sector fails, whose left to pay for the government positions.. Right now the private sector is failing because of the greed of the government.
...which is inspired by the greed of lobbyists paid by the private sector....

They are connected, you know....
cpt.fass1
+329|6745|NJ

Turquoise wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Man With No Name wrote:

Hey lets all get government jobs.. So the government can take care of us and deem what job is worth what..

When the private sector fails, whose left to pay for the government positions.. Right now the private sector is failing because of the greed of the government.

Yeah and why do you think the banks are getting bailed out?
Turquoise
O Canada

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Yeah and why do you think the banks are getting bailed out?
2 reasons...

Lobbyists

and retirement funds of millions of people invested in said banks...

They got the public where they wanted them when everyone put their trust in the market.  Now, they're paying for it.

Granted, I'm not suggesting total socialization is the answer either, but I wouldn't mind replacing the Fed Reserve with a public central bank run by the government.
cpt.fass1
+329|6745|NJ
It's a crazy fucked up mess we're in, and it's the middle to lower class that's really taking a beating.. It's such a damn shame.
Turquoise
O Canada

cpt.fass1 wrote:

It's a crazy fucked up mess we're in, and it's the middle to lower class that's really taking a beating.. It's such a damn shame.
Agreed...  but that's the way of the world.  In general, the rich get what they want.  This is why they should be taxed more.  It seems like a small consolation for the amount of power they wield.

Granted, the French Revolution proved that the rich aren't always safe....
Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5624|The Wild West
Workers of the world unite!
Turquoise
O Canada

Man With No Name wrote:

Workers of the world unite!
Communism has a lot in common with what happens when a capitalism is allowed to run long enough without proper regulation.

The only difference is that Communism is where the state controls everything, while pure capitalism eventually becomes a situation where corporations control everything.

Either way, the power is concentrated into the hands of the few.
Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5624|The Wild West
im at the greyhound bus terminal in downtown right now waiting in the hot sun
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6681|949

Man With No Name wrote:

I thought the main terminal was in Compton?  Does it feel like the city is about to go bankrupt?
Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5624|The Wild West
i was at the one off of 7th and alameda

not enough prostitutes and junkies, to be honest. im talking about the heart of skid row/warehouse district
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6578|Global Command

Man With No Name wrote:

And that matters because???
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6766
"Los Angeles Councilman Bernard Parks, City Hall's budget committee chief who is warning that soaring payroll and pension costs threaten the city's financial stability, receives $22,000 a month in city retirement benefits, in addition to his $178,789 a year salary, records and interviews show."     
  He is saying that payroll and pensions are out of control... but i'm guessing he isn't giving any of his back...? 
I don't have a problem with pensions because that is between the employee and the employer... but 22k seems a little much for a guy who is complaining against pension costs... and also makes 180k a year in salary...   To fix this they need to have more realistic pension benefits... or you get a bankrupt state eventually...   
  Not sure how to determine what a persons pension should be... performance based salaries and pensions might work...
That way if the person is not getting it done... they are fired... and if they are performing above avg... pay them a good salary...
Unions would never go for that though obviously...
Love is the answer
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6460|'Murka

Man With No Name wrote:

FEOS wrote:

@ salary: That's ridiculous. If he's drawing retirement AND a regular salary from the same organization...someone's getting snowed.
Bernard Parks was the former Los Angeles police chief. 

He did what many soldiers I know have done.  Retire from the service and get cushy government jobs. 

You plan on calling it a day in your late 30's?
That's a different situation. He's drawing city retirement while still working for the city. He's either retired or he isn't.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5624|The Wild West

FEOS wrote:

Man With No Name wrote:

FEOS wrote:

@ salary: That's ridiculous. If he's drawing retirement AND a regular salary from the same organization...someone's getting snowed.

He did what many soldiers I know have done.  Retire from the service and get cushy government jobs. 

That's a different situation. He's drawing city retirement while still working for the city. He's either retired or he isn't.
I dont see it as being much different from retiring from the military and then getting your GS rating as a federal employee.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6598|San Diego, CA, USA
Aren't pensions just Ponzi schemes?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme
Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5624|The Wild West
you guys need to escape the internet
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6578|Global Command

Man With No Name wrote:

you guys need to escape the internet
So thick with irony it reminds me of this.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6769|California

Common sense. Thats a good one.

They are trying to cut cops and hiring for police/fire to save money.

Crime rate goes up, people die, economy worsens.
Turquoise
O Canada

stryyker wrote:

Common sense. Thats a good one.

They are trying to cut cops and hiring for police/fire to save money.

Crime rate goes up, people die, economy worsens.
Population control?...   j/k
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6460|'Murka

Man With No Name wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Man With No Name wrote:

I dont see it as being much different from retiring from the military and then getting your GS rating as a federal employee.
It would be more like retiring as a GS, drawing that pension, then getting re-hired as a GS again and continuing to draw that pension.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5624|The Wild West

FEOS wrote:

Man With No Name wrote:

FEOS wrote:

It would be more like retiring as a GS, drawing that pension, then getting re-hired as a GS again and continuing to draw that pension.
Parks served one branch of the city, the police department.  He retired from that and became a legislator.
cpt.fass1
+329|6745|NJ
I'm a communist for thinking that a 22k a month pension for a retired police officer is too much?
Where do you think the money paying that and other officers pensions comes from?

Oh the people, so I don't know about you but that seems like it could put 3-4 other cops on the beat to "protect and serve".

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard