Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
I updated the OP with some stuff.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6328

Wow, it really sounds like BF2 is gonna be much, much better finally. My jaw kinda dropped when I read they are fixing the claymore situation, and adding better splash damage to the Blackhawk! I never was able to experience the awesomeness of it back in the old days (Although I guess I could install the old patch and give it a go)

Hopefully it will prove more fun. I'm looking forward to Mashtuur City now!
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6270
Some people at the EAUK forums really make me laugh. Just saw this gem:

keepingitreal wrote:

People had to fight tooth and nail to get prone delay returned and to keep grenades as they are. Yet it only took a few to get proning immuned to claymores. Something is not right here and I get the impression that these suggestions are rigged.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6681|Disaster Free Zone
So did they 'fix' the guns of the flying cow as well?
Or is Mashtuur going to turn back into a USMC rape fest?

Also the f35-j10 fix needs to be in the form of a 'better' f35 not a 'worse' j10.
thraSK
Best ___ in Aus
+57|5982
They changed the value of the splash damage or w/e to 1.5, down from the 3 of 1.0 and the 0.3 of 1.41
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6435

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Some people at the EAUK forums really make me laugh. Just saw this gem:

keepingitreal wrote:

People had to fight tooth and nail to get prone delay returned and to keep grenades as they are. Yet it only took a few to get proning immuned to claymores. Something is not right here and I get the impression that these suggestions are rigged.
I swear as soon as it turned night time all the idiots came into that thread. It was all sensible reasonable suggestions and it sort of fell apart by page 6. You've got to be dense as two wooden planks to not want something to be done about claymores.
BVC
+325|6695
Maybe some suggestions make more sense than others.

IMO clays should be manually detonated, would mean at least a token amount of skill was required.  Would also mean you could get more kills if you were clever with their usage.

BH should stay as is, or in-flight repairs should be disallowed.  Anyone who wants it back to how it was in the "glory days" just wants easy points TBH.

Last edited by Pubic (2009-05-05 02:37:12)

Hakei
Banned
+295|5995

Lucien wrote:

There's some pretty terrible suggestions flying around for the J-10 situation, and unsurprisingly most of them are by pretty shit pilots. Why does that matter? because they don't see how a single change to one jet can upset the entire air balance. I'm not trying to do anything in the interest of 'pro' pilots here. Anyone who wants to be good in a jet fights on PLA-free maps and 1on1's on Wake Airshow.

At least Baza seems to be considering one of the only good options. Replacing the F-35 with F-18s on maps with J-10s will pretty much fix it all.

Unless if you agree that the carrier runway is too short for an F-18 as posted on EA's forums (It takes me about 2/5ths of it to take off on wake airshow) or that you actually think that a major imbalance is good as it adds challenge to the game (again, forums), please help push baza towards implementing this change
F18 is shit, what a stupid suggestion.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6463|cuntshitlake

Hitreg makes for 90% of whatI hate in BF2. 5% for all those morons playing it, and 5% for other stuff like clays, g36e, nadespam etc.

GJ fixing some of the latter 5% I guess
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6623|EU

Maybe Im on placebo again, but when I play 1.50 I have awesome hit reg. Thx DICE. Now just fix server filters.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653

Hakei wrote:

The F-18 is not a missile magnet and is much better against the J-10 than the F-35 is. On maps like Wake and Dalian plant this lets pubbers actually use jets on USMC. It is also the simplest fix, does not fuck with any other balances, and the only one Baza seems remotely interested in doing.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Hakei
Banned
+295|5995

Lucien wrote:

Hakei wrote:

The F-18 is not a missile magnet and is much better against the J-10 than the F-35 is. On maps like Wake and Dalian plant this lets pubbers actually use jets on USMC. It is also the simplest fix, does not fuck with any other balances, and the only one Baza seems remotely interested in doing.
The F18 is slow and the AB on it fails - I'd rather the F35 over the F18 any day, changing it to F18 means that for good players (The only people who would really stand a chance against J10s) won't be able to Strato to the carrier and back to the airfield in time for the spawn.

Reducing the spawn time of the F35 and increasing the spawn time of the J10, put both of them of 40 seconds and increase the AB of the F35 to 11 seconds.

5 minutes in BF2E and a much better suggestion than changing the F35s with F18s.
Longbow
+163|6647|Odessa, Ukraine

Pubic wrote:

BH should stay as is, or in-flight repairs should be disallowed.  Anyone who wants it back to how it was in the "glory days" just wants easy points TBH.
People like you make me laugh. This game is 4 years old - who the fuck cares about points? For me it was always about killing = fun, points doesn't mean anything. Blackhack ownage is fun as it gets you loads of kills with a few deaths if the pilot is competent enough. Although it is still possible to shoot it down with a few well placed eryx'es and finish of with vodnik's. And repairing blackhawk from inside is called TEAMWORK.

Anyways, whom am I speaking to? A guy who thinks solo-tv'ing is possible only with macro...lololol
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653

Hakei wrote:

Reducing the spawn time of the F35 and increasing the spawn time of the J10, put both of them of 40 seconds and increase the AB of the F35 to 11 seconds.
Your solution to the j-10 imbalance is to make baseraping on Wake easier? a good pilot would rather be able to have an actual fight instead of raping and running.

I'm done with you.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5995

Lucien wrote:

Hakei wrote:

Your solution to the j-10 imbalance is to make baseraping on Wake easier? a good pilot would rather be able to have an actual fight instead of raping and running.

I'm done with you.
My solution to the J10 imbalance is to not make it impossible to keep a J10 down once it is, don't talk to me about skill if you've never played with me - I'd much rather rape the J10 spawn than let some random pubber do pull ups every time I get behind him and waste 30+ missiles and 5 minutes downing him after he's raped Arty island for the nth time and got one of the 5 teammates who's sitting on AA to spot me because they have nothing else to do but help both J10s down me.

The discussion is not as simply about raping the J10 spawn - I've no problem going against a player who wants to 1v1, and I'm consistently baffled about people's ability to rage at raping the most overpowered jet in the game, but when it comes to even fights they're suddenly not interested in dog fighting and quickly ignore my request. Either in Public or Matches the aspect still remains, I enjoy keeping down the people who consistently rape the airfield - I enjoy that, that's what pub is about, I also enjoy winning - keeping a J10 down will increase chances of winning. Match - much the same, think I'm going to not rape a spawn because I'm a good player? Umm.

Instead of twisting words and misunderstanding the point, make a coherent and intelligent reply instead of "You said X, therefore you're not worthy"

Last edited by Hakei (2009-05-05 04:50:08)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653

Hakei wrote:

Instead of twisting words and misunderstanding the point, make a coherent and intelligent reply instead of "You said X, therefore you're not worthy"
"F18 is shit, what a stupid suggestion."

Quite the coherent and intelligent reply there, pal.

And instead of writing a longass post in which you justify baseraping, try a solution that actually makes a decent fight possible.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6646
I think the whole missle dodging thing in bf2 is fail to begin with. Dodging missles should be up to your ability to use flares and keep a guy off your tail. Not luck and a plane thats good at it. Or my favorite strategy of pushing forward.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6270

Lucien wrote:

Hakei wrote:

He's decided to not make the switch . F-35's are going to stay. For now at least:

OK to put this to rest. F18's will NOT replace any F35B's on any of the maps. Please now stop suggesting this route.
The change of swapping out aircraft is an easy one to do, however the benefits of making the change don't match with those of making changes to the F35B in the areas we already have.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-05-05 07:01:30)

Hakei
Banned
+295|5995

Lucien wrote:

Hakei wrote:

"F18 is shit, what a stupid suggestion."

Quite the coherent and intelligent reply there, pal.

And instead of writing a longass post in which you justify baseraping, try a solution that actually makes a decent fight possible.
Yeah, F35 Vs. J10 is probably the most balanced dogfight possible
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653

Hakei wrote:

Yeah, F35 Vs. J10 is probably the most balanced dogfight possible
if only gloating on forums was easier
BVC
+325|6695

Longbow wrote:

Pubic wrote:

People like you make me laugh. This game is 4 years old - who the fuck cares about points? For me it was always about killing = fun, points doesn't mean anything. Blackhack ownage is fun as it gets you loads of kills with a few deaths if the pilot is competent enough. Although it is still possible to shoot it down with a few well placed eryx'es and finish of with vodnik's. And repairing blackhawk from inside is called TEAMWORK.

Anyways, whom am I speaking to? A guy who thinks solo-tv'ing is possible only with macro...lololol
I never said such a thing (solo/TV), so don't try to imply that I did.

A BH with mega splash damage and a crew of inflight repairs unbalances the game.  What do you propose in order to rebalance the game on maps such as Songhua?  AT/voddie fire won't do shit if the people doing the firing are going within <1sec of being targetted.
Longbow

Pubic wrote:

A BH with mega splash damage and a crew of inflight repairs unbalances the game.  What do you propose in order to rebalance the game on maps such as Songhua?  AT/voddie fire won't do shit if the people doing the firing are going within <1sec of being targetted.
Mega splash damage was back in 1.0-1.12. I doubt 1.5 splash damage will be that great, but at least BH will be capable to kill something while in flight. And by the way, thats not BH unbalancing the game, thats BH nerfing unbalancing the game. Most of USMC maps are assault maps, back in the days BH was a great extra fire support for landing troops.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468

Longbow wrote:

Pubic wrote:

Mega splash damage was back in 1.0-1.12. I doubt 1.5 splash damage will be that great, but at least BH will be capable to kill something while in flight. And by the way, thats not BH unbalancing the game, thats BH nerfing unbalancing the game. Most of USMC maps are assault maps, back in the days BH was a great extra fire support for landing troops.
BH Splash in 1.00 was 3.0
In 1.2 it was .25
In 1.5(beta2?) it will be 1.5.

Half what it was, six times what it is.

Also there is some possibility that the Mi-8 and Z-8 will be given the M134 minigun as well.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6566|England

Just put another one up requesting a buff to the USS Essex CIWS gun - for increased armour & lower overheating time
Longbow

Snake wrote:

Just put another one up requesting a buff to the USS Essex CIWS gun - for increased armour & lower overheating time
Imo Phalanx should be destroyeble only by boms and missiles, jet gun shouldn't do any damage (for balance issues). As said above, carrier should be hard to attack, it should be feared by enemy pilots.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard