BVC
+325|6692
Just a thought that went through my mind today, but would it be unreasonable to make people who collect unemployment and welfare to submit to random cavity & strip searches?

Now I don't think he government has a right to tell you what you can or cannot put into your body but when you are collecting a check from the government I think you should at least make an agreement to not to not smuggle things like crack.

Also would it be unreasonable to ask people who are on welfare to undertake contraceptive surgery. Seriously if you cannot support yourself why would you create more of you?

Maybe a bit heartless but it would teach people a lesson about responsibility right?
thraSK
Best ___ in Aus
+57|5978
Cavity and Strip searches, A-OK.

As to the other point, No, not a chance in hell.

I'm pretty sure this has been posted before.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6671|Canberra, AUS
You're confusing me.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6219|Brisneyland
So you are suggesting that people on welfare should be automatically treated like criminals. Dont run for govt any time soon.
As for your other point, what if a person is only briefly unemployed, say for 1 month. Do we sterilze them, then when they get a job apologize for making their life a misery. 
April fools day is 3 days away, this OP was too early.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6624|IRELAND

Pubic wrote:

Just a thought that went through my mind today, but would it be unreasonable to make people who collect unemployment and welfare to submit to random cavity & strip searches?

Now I don't think he government has a right to tell you what you can or cannot put into your body but when you are collecting a check from the government I think you should at least make an agreement to not to not smuggle things like crack.

Also would it be unreasonable to ask people who are on welfare to undertake contraceptive surgery. Seriously if you cannot support yourself why would you create more of you?

Maybe a bit heartless but it would teach people a lesson about responsibility right?
That's abit extreme. Maybe they should be drug tested. Here in the UK if you collect benefits and you are an alcoholic.................you get more money than someone who isn't. Same with addicts. Does that make sense to anyone here?

An old friend of mine had been Schizophrenic for 20 years. He was getting a prescribed Modicate injection in the morning and in the evening he would take 10 Ecstasy tablets. Maybe 3-4 times a week. He has was getting nearly £200 a week in benefits his house paid, car paid everything paid. Most of that money went on drugs. The government thought it would be a good idea for him and his also skit-so son to live together. He was even crazier so he got even more money than his dad. Between them they had 400-500 a week to blow on drugs. Things came to a head and they are both locked up now after a few incidents. I knew they guy well, he is in his 50s, son in his 30s. Yes they where mad, but still nice ppl. Their mental state went down the shitter when the government started throwing money at them................which they spent on drugs.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5582

I wonder why it feels like I've read this before
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5713|Vancouver, BC, Canada

Macbeth wrote:

I wonder why it feels like I've read this before
The threads showed up almost side-by-side on my new Posts, lel.

Was actually surprised it hasn't been closed yet.
BVC
+325|6692
Sometimes it is best to make a point through parody, rather that direct discussion.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6645

Pubic wrote:

Sometimes it is best to make a point through parody, rather that direct discussion.
Don't let the mods know that, they don't appreciate parodies.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6703|67.222.138.85
Like I couldn't tell myself once I actually saw it.

You can make your point to the original OP without making a new thread for it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard