For the first time, using high efficiency LED light bulbs doesn't mean forgoing light intensity. The C. Crane GeoBulb II Long Lasting LED Light Bulb not only uses a mere 8 watts of energy when compared to the normal 60 watts that is used by a regular 60-watt incandescent light bulb, but it offers more light. The GeoBulb also has an estimated lifespan of approximately 30,000 hours, which means it tough enough to last you for years and years to come. Standard incandescent bulb uses mercury and gives off a humming sound, none of which is present with this LED. Additionally, the GeoBulb generates little to no heat and isn't susceptible to failure as a result of vibrations or repeated on/off switching. At the same size as conventional bulbs, you can be sure the GeoBulb will work anywhere in your home, even in colder temperatures. Take advantage of this technology and save money while using an energy efficient, environmentally friendly light bulb.
- What colors are available?The GeoBulb™ comes in Cool White, Soft White and Warm White. Cool White is 5,223 Kelvin and has a slight blue tint but is close to actual sunlight. Soft White is 3,812 Kelvin and a modern color blend between Cool and Warm. Warm White is 2,642 Kelvin and close to a tradition incandescent color.What color is best for my application?
- Cool White is the most energy efficient and puts out the most light for work areas. Soft White is a compromise for maximum light output while having a pleasant color for general work or most home lighting. Warm White is for ambiance such as a restaurant or home lighting. All GeoBulbs™ consume 7.5 Watts but light output is reduced for on Soft White and Warm White colors.How was the GeoBulb™ designed to be used?
- The GeoBulb™ is designed to be used indoors at an ambient temperature that does not exceed 90 degrees Fahrenheit. A ceiling downlilght fixture is an excellent application for the GeoBulb™. It also works well for desk lamps or floor lamps.How long will the GeoBulb™ last?
- The GeoBulb™ is designed to last 30,000 hours. This is three years at 24/7 or 20 years of use at an average of 4 hours day.
In 1997 we began experimenting with white LEDs. In 1998 we made our first Freeplay radio with an amber LED emergency light. When they became available, this was converted to white LEDs for our emergency flashlight. C. Crane introduced the first multi-bulb white LED flashlight in the United States in 1998. It is called the CCTrek Light and is manufactured by Tektite in Trenton, New Jersey. We still market the CCTrek light and it is still made in the U.S. Our first 120 Volt white LED bulb was marketed in 2001.Today, C. Crane is a leading distributor of high performance radios in the U.S. and a major distributor of white LED products. C. Crane has a commitment to quality and customer service.
- Illuminates to the equivalent of a 60 watt incandescent light bulb, yet uses less than 8 watts
- LED light is durable enough to last up to 10 years at approximately eight hours usage per day
- Same size as a conventional incandescent light bulb with an innovative design
- Suitable for replacement of any indoor light bulb
They aren't cheap if you aren't looking long term (good quality LED's rarely are). But I'm sure the prices will come down. Having these installed in new homes would be .