Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6647|Montreal, Qc, Canada
I think the title say it all...

I started the gym a few months... I go there 3 or 4 times per week. And now i'm thinking about taking protein. Honestly im always hungry since i started going to the gym.

Someone told me that I should take mass gainer... Is it good or not?

kthx
CrazeD
+368|6681|Maine
How old are you?
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6728|California

Why can no one be natural anymore?

Short answer: No

Explanation: Unless you are severely insecure or play football, protein will only serve you to make you fatter, as you will probably not burn the excess off enough to sculpt your muscles.

Instead, after you workout, have a turkey sandwich, banana and a multivitamin. That way your body adsorbs everything better
Stimey
­
+786|6128|Ontario | Canada
Creatine gogogo.
That stuff is whack.
Honestly, some good protein powder.
Eat a lot, you wanna gain weight, and if your working out you need to consume more than you burn.
­
­
­
­
­
­
phishman420
Banned
+821|5689
https://farm2.static.flickr.com/1395/768150548_a8e25cf066.jpg

Check me out, yo.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?

Stimey wrote:

Creatine gogogo.
That stuff is whack.
Honestly, some good protein powder.
Eat a lot, you wanna gain weight, and if your working out you need to consume more than you burn.
that's the thing... I wanna gain weight... And it seems like i can't... So why don't take mass gainer it will supply my body with what it need to do so...
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6267|B.C. Canada

stryyker wrote:

Explanation: Unless you are severely insecure or play football, protein will only serve you to make you fatter, as you will probably not burn the excess off enough to sculpt your muscles.

Instead, after you workout, have a turkey sandwich, banana and a multivitamin. That way your body adsorbs everything better
I agree

Pasta is also good.

If you are always hungry then eat hearty meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For me I am trying to put on a bit of weight (about 10 pounds) and I was told by some people to take that shit and some people told me not to, about 50/50. Personally I feel really good when I eat heavier foods. I am not as tired as I used to be and seem to have more energy.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6653

stryyker wrote:

True I agree he has a point, eat a lot of fruits and vegetables
CrazeD
+368|6681|Maine

Andoura wrote:

Then you're still young enough that you shouldn't need that junk. Just eat a lot of protein based foods, like chicken, fish, nuts, etc.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6468|UK
Protein shake should be used as supplement to your diet. Check the thread ebug made.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6228|Phoenix, AZ
Chicken.

Eat a lot of it, its delicious.

Get protein mix, something like 40g should serve you well...

Dont eat like 30 10g protein bars, that will make you fat.
Hooch Pandersnatch
I like shoes
+26|6130|West Aus
After your workout go drink some eggs, it worked for Rocky
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6679|UK

stryyker wrote:

really poor advice there.  Protein poweders are natural, whey is dervied from the cheese making process.  As Wah points out its strictly a supplement to be used at the right time to ensure protein is rapidly absorbed i.e. post workout when the body is crying out for protein.  Any other time protein first and foremost should be gained from chicken, fish, beef etc

They will make him fat if he doesn't provide the necessary foundation for the protein to be utilised by his body, i.e. working out. If he just drinks a protien shake to gain mass without working out then he's just taking on extra calories.

Last edited by m3thod (2009-02-04 03:28:45)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6498|Gogledd Cymru

stryyker wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Instead, after you workout, have a turkey sandwich, banana and a multivitamin
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum
Hows this sound;

Eat healthy, and work out well

No added ingredients needed
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6399|fåking denmark
Wait..

You.. go to the gym?

Spoiler (highlight to read):
I lol'd
Bulldogz
Blacking Out the Friction
+32|6007|Rexburg, Idaho
When I saw the topic title this is what I thought it was about:

andy12
Banned
+52|6665

The Sheriff wrote:

stryyker wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Instead, after you workout, have a turkey sandwich, banana and a multivitamin
Plus Protein is natural and some people don't like Protein rich foods so shakes supplement that. Isn't the same as Steroids or an easy way out.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6658
Right now I'm on protein and after just 2 weeks of taking it can already notice a difference which is pretty crazy. I was and, tbh, still am critical to taking it because of the artificial compounds that are added and the potential extra weight gain that could arise but after seeing that it works I'm going to continue for a little while longer. What stryyker said is true: that you gain extra weight because the protein turns to fat. However, that's probably only going to happen if you do as the instructions say and take it twice a day.
blah
macaroni with cheeseeee
+111|5756|Croatia

m3thod wrote:

stryyker wrote:

really poor advice there.  Protein poweders are natural, whey is dervied from the cheese making process.  As Wah points out its strictly a supplement to be used at the right time to ensure protein is rapidly absorbed i.e. post workout when the body is crying out for protein.  Any other time protein first and foremost should be gained from chicken, fish, beef etc

They will make him fat if he doesn't provide the necessary foundation for the protein to be utilised by his body, i.e. working out. If he just drinks a protien shake to gain mass without working out then he's just taking on extra calories.
Exactly.Your body doesn't care from where you get your protein.Your muscles will not grow without supplements.Workout regularly,drink protein,creatine,vitamins(fruit,veggies).I think protein reduces your calcium level so you must regenerate it by drinking milk or taking calcium pills.
It doesn't matter how many calories you enter in your system,just be sure you burn them all.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6818|Nårvei

Andoura wrote:

I think the title say it all...

I started the gym a few months... I go there 3 or 4 times per week. And now i'm thinking about taking protein. Honestly im always hungry since i started going to the gym.

Someone told me that I should take mass gainer... Is it good or not?

kthx
Be sure to check out what's in it first, they tend to put alot of crap into products like that ... with that said i agree with stryyker.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
blah
macaroni with cheeseeee
+111|5756|Croatia

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Right now I'm on protein and after just 2 weeks of taking it can already notice a difference which is pretty crazy. I was and, tbh, still am critical to taking it because of the artificial compounds that are added and the potential extra weight gain that could arise but after seeing that it works I'm going to continue for a little while longer. What stryyker said is true: that you gain extra weight because the protein turns to fat. However, that's probably only going to happen if you do as the instructions say and take it twice a day.
Protein will indeed turn into fat if you don't exercise.Muscles absorb protein when in stress phase(doing push-ups,sit-ups,lifting weights,swimming...).So be sure to take protein shakes before and after exercise.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6818|Nårvei

blah wrote:

m3thod wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Exactly.Your body doesn't care from where you get your protein.Your muscles will not grow without supplements.Workout regularly,drink protein,creatine,vitamins(fruit,veggies).I think protein reduces your calcium level so you must regenerate it by drinking milk or taking calcium pills.
It doesn't matter how many calories you enter in your system,just be sure you burn them all.
Exactly not ... when protein is taken out of it's natural source it behaves very differently and the body reacts differently to pure protein that it does with the same amount of protein in it's natural source ...

People with an education in this says it is very important to check out the products thoroughly before you start using them ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6724
depends on your body type... meso endo or ecto
I used to eat mcdonalds before i lifted... and eat a big dinner after... maxed 365 for 2 reps at my strongest
little older now and can bench around 300...   a lot of the protein powders are expensive and only offer a psych boost...  Just eat lots of good protein... chicken/beef/turkey etc
Love is the answer

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard