Poll

Vote for your choice for Game of the Year!

Fallout 339%39% - 48
Grand Theft Auto IV18%18% - 23
Metal Gear Solid 415%15% - 19
Left 4 Dead23%23% - 29
Red Alert 32%2% - 3
Total: 122
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6270
Hmmmmmm.

Fallout 3 - Pros: Fun, involving, interesting. Cons: Incredibly ugly, long slow walks, dodgy combat
Grand Theft Auto IV - Pros:: It's GTA. Lots to do etc etc Cons: New realistic edge limits gameplay, little variety in scenery and missions, 'friends'.
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Not played. Want to though.
Left 4 Dead - Pros:: Vs mode. Excellent with friends. Very enjoyable overall. Probably my most played. Cons: Not much fun alone, little content.
Red Alert 3 - Pros:: Fresh and innovative gameplay/units. Good use of the special ability key. Cons: Kind of lost interest after i'd finished the campaigns.

So out of all them i'd have to go for Left 4 Dead.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-01-30 09:08:22)

Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN
Fallout 3 - Simple the best RPG i've played in a while.  I've also would have picked Left 4 Dead as my second choice.  The game is well put together.  Something you would expect from Valve.
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6236|Uk
In order of worthyness imo

FO3
L4D
GTA4
RA3
MGS4
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5720|Gulf Coast

I love GTA in general but FO3 is too cool. I was playing GTA and just opened up the entire map(still plenty of shit to do) then I decide to go buy FO3 and give it a try after hearing so many great things about it.......haven't played GTA since.
Kez
+778|5703|London, UK
Fallout 3 was the biggest pile of shit of the year, I can't believe I wasted my money buying it. I kept telling myself to get it because everyone had a raging hard on over it, but I knew I should have stuck by my instincts. Turned out just like Oblivion.

GTA IV didn't last as long as I expected it to.

I haven't played MGS4 or RA3

Left 4 Dead is just genius. I love it.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5753|Roma
gta 4
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York

Kptk92 wrote:

Fallout 3 was the biggest pile of shit of the year, I can't believe I wasted my money buying it. I kept telling myself to get it because everyone had a raging hard on over it, but I knew I should have stuck by my instincts. Turned out just like Oblivion.

You got up to Power of the Atom. You didn't even do any sidequests. Yes, I can see what quests you've done through XBL, Kerry. The game picks up once you finish The Waters of Life. I don't care if you don't vote for it, certainly feel free to vote for something else, but don't play it for like, 4% of the game and then call it the "biggest pile of shit ever".
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK
to be fair, fallout 3 isnt shit but its far from a great game either. its pretty average but fun to play through once none the less
Stimey
­
+786|6120|Ontario | Canada

Poseidon wrote:

Kptk92 wrote:

You got up to Power of the Atom. You didn't even do any sidequests. Yes, I can see what quests you've done through XBL, Kerry. The game picks up once you finish The Waters of Life. I don't care if you don't vote for it, certainly feel free to vote for something else, but don't play it for like, 4% of the game and then call it the "biggest pile of shit ever".
Mushroom slapped.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York
No game this year was truly absolutely mind blowing...there were some pretty fun and good games in my opinion, but none really completely blew me away.

I'm not one to say games are getting worse year by year, but... 2007 was a better year for me IMO.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6685|Espoo, Finland
Fallout 3 - boring
Grand Theft Auto IV - same deal, kinda fun at times though...
Red Alert 3 - pretty bad

null
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6713|Purplicious Wisconsin

Poseidon wrote:

No game this year was truly absolutely mind blowing...there were some pretty fun and good games in my opinion, but none really completely blew me away.

I'm not one to say games are getting worse year by year, but... 2007 was a better year for me IMO.
I know, and I was all pumped for 2008's games. Plus I was to find that some will end up being released in 2009 instead of the 2008.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6707|67.222.138.85
closed

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard