­
+1,010|6298|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Finray wrote:

JoshP wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

I love the one I found more than any others I have seen so far
http://dj-corny.deviantart.com/art/Wind … -102371744
hawt, +1

shame only one of the guy's wallpapers are 1680 x 1050 (the one you linked to)
Look the the Post your Desktop thread, I posted three sites there.

Also, I ran it in XP SP2 compatibility as Admin and it's working fine. Dunno which one fixed it, I did both.

Windows has won my heart. I think I might ditch my girlfriend now.
I am definately buying Win7 when it goes gold sooooo much better than vista even though it is only @ beta stage
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6618|Greenwood, IN
I'm in the process of writing another one of my "FAQ" threads for Windows 7.  I look forward to your responses!

Edit: vvv

https://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploader/files/1/Windows_7/w7_wmp.jpg

I love the new media players organization.

Last edited by Naturn (2009-01-12 19:02:05)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6165|what

Naturn wrote:

I'm in the process of writing another one of my "FAQ" threads for Windows 7.  I look forward to your responses!

But clearly not the new IE?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5729|Vancouver, BC, Canada

Naturn wrote:

http://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploade … w7_wmp.jpg

I actually couldn't stand the new WMP, maybe I didn't play around with it long enough, but it seems they stripped out all the Menus and lists(when directly opening a video) I liked the old standard style.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6618|Greenwood, IN

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Naturn wrote:

But clearly not the new IE?
Nope.  I always have and always will hate IE.  Well... ever since FF taught me better.

TheDonkey wrote:

Naturn wrote:

I actually couldn't stand the new WMP, maybe I didn't play around with it long enough, but it seems they stripped out all the Menus and lists(when directly opening a video) I liked the old standard style.
Thats what I like about it.  Less is more concept.  Not to mention it works with MP3 players that have mass storage device option.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6550|Long Island, New York
Meh...I'll wait until it comes out.

I was actually going to upgrade my rig this year, but I'm gonna do it around the W7 release...most things I've heard (both here and from other tech sites) have been pretty positive.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6618|Greenwood, IN

Poseidon wrote:

Meh...I'll wait until it comes out.

I was actually going to upgrade my rig this year, but I'm gonna do it around the W7 release...most things I've heard (both here and from other tech sites) have been pretty positive.
Thats funny cause I thought the same exact thing the other day when I first starting use W7.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6657

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

doesn't the term "epic fail" or even the term "epic" get old in the slightest for you?  i've said the word about "epic" maybe 4 times in my entire lifetime, but with the amount it's used now it makes me sick to think that i used such a word.  on one end, you have JoshP using it.  on the other, you have a fat chick in my math class (who is so FUCKING LOUD i can't hear the goddamn teache)r using it.

the population of people who use the word "epic" in any other form than that of an "epic" tale, such as The Odyssey, are those that don't deserve to pass their genes on.
Epic post, haffey.
hahaha this man speaks the truth and damn that fat chick
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6645

Downloaded it, and bought a new hard drive. When exams are over I'll dual boot XP64 and W7 64.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6618|Greenwood, IN
Nice another person trying it out!

Edit: If some of you are wondering what the multiple monitor setup screen is like here is a screenshot.

https://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploader/files/1/w7_monitor_setup.jpg

Monitor 1: Acer 22"
Monitor 2: 27" SDTV 640x480

Last edited by Naturn (2009-01-12 21:18:37)

JoshP
Banned
+176|5701|Notts, UK

Naturn wrote:

WHERE IS THE EQUALISER SETTINGS?!?!!!11

srsly, i can't find them anyhwere: (

@ aussie, IE's always been bad, but it's actually improving (slowly)
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6451|King Of The Islands

Ars wrote:

there's a neat new way of minimizing every window except the one you're using; picking up a window by the title bar and shaking it from left to right minimizes everything else, a feature dubbed "Aero Shake". Shaking it again restores all the minimized windows

Also Winkey + Up/Down/Left/Right and Space does shit now.

http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/ … 7-beta.ars
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Microwave
_
+515|6667|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
Downloading it now nice and fast!

mmmmm rapidshare
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6768|Scotland

Most interesting operating system. The taskbar icons are nice and clear, the right hand side of the taskbar has been added with usability ( the ability to change what you want to permanently see or what you just want to see as a notification in the dock ).

Windows explorer has been improved, although not much. Still, better than nothing. Customisability has been improved tenfold. Loving all the options so far. IE8 BETA2 is still failing miserably, although less so than 7. RAM usage has been significantly reduced which is lovely. Still need to play around more, but as far as I can tell, this will be a winner of an OS.

Installation of W7 is still a huge failure. Where OSX can do it in 30 minutes, W7 does it in an hour. Something which I just don't get. The loading times are horrendous for the installation.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6562|CH/BR - in UK

I've been using this for months:
Games work great, with the exception of those that run punkbuster. Just reinstalled Vista on a separate partition to deal with that.
Applications work with 100% capability, and stuff just works right out of the box (only had to install one driver ever, namely wireless on my desktop - external belkin usb)

Can't wait until it officially releases. Hope it's around August 1st, because I don't want to go back to Vista at any given point.

-kon
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5729|Vancouver, BC, Canada

Zimmer wrote:

Most interesting operating system. The taskbar icons are nice and clear, the right hand side of the taskbar has been added with usability ( the ability to change what you want to permanently see or what you just want to see as a notification in the dock ).

Windows explorer has been improved, although not much. Still, better than nothing. Customisability has been improved tenfold. Loving all the options so far. IE8 BETA2 is still failing miserably, although less so than 7. RAM usage has been significantly reduced which is lovely. Still need to play around more, but as far as I can tell, this will be a winner of an OS.

Installation of W7 is still a huge failure. Where OSX can do it in 30 minutes, W7 does it in an hour. Something which I just don't get. The loading times are horrendous for the installation.
OS X took me 1.5 hours to install.

Both times.

Don't even get me started on this shit.

W7 actually installed pretty quick for me, no clue what you're going on about.
FloppY_
­

Cheez wrote:

Ars wrote:

there's a neat new way of minimizing every window except the one you're using; picking up a window by the title bar and shaking it from left to right minimizes everything else, a feature dubbed "Aero Shake". Shaking it again restores all the minimized windows

Also Winkey + Up/Down/Left/Right and Space does shit now.

http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/ … 7-beta.ars
Shaking up + down works too fyi
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6768|Scotland

TheDonkey wrote:

Both times.

Wow, calm the fuck down. I installed OSX on my computer in 29 minutes. I installed W7 in 1.5 hours. I know, I did it. I never said it was for everyone and I never said that it happens on every computer. What the fuck.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6661

Zimmer wrote:

TheDonkey wrote:

Both times.

Wow, calm the fuck down. I installed OSX on my computer in 29 minutes. I installed W7 in 1.5 hours. I know, I did it. I never said it was for everyone and I never said that it happens on every computer. What the fuck.
What took so long about it? Vista installed quickly for me, I assumed this would be the same.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6768|Scotland

ghettoperson wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

TheDonkey wrote:

Both times.

What took so long about it? Vista installed quickly for me, I assumed this would be the same.
I have no idea. It just took really long to load up. After the WINDOWS IS LOADING FILES part, it's a blank screen for nearly half an hour before I get the welcome screen.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6661

That's pretty weird. Maybe it didn't like your hardware or something? I haven't noticed anyone complain about the same problem.
FloppY_
­

Zimmer wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

I have no idea. It just took really long to load up. After the WINDOWS IS LOADING FILES part, it's a blank screen for nearly half an hour before I get the welcome screen.
Yeah I got that too, I think my DVD was faulty.. since the install pretty much frooze

Mounted the ISO in DaemonTools and installed from there = no problems...
rdx-fx
+955|6604
Windows 7;

+ Installs faster than XP, Vista, XP x64 (25 minutes for a 64-bit Win7 install on a Lenovo T61p)
+ Best features from XP, Vista, and Server 2003 (speed, stability, and 'oooh shiny')
+ Plays Team Fortress 2 well

- Not as pretty as OSX in the 'ooh shiny' department
- Crashes playing Falcon 4 AF, IL-2 1946
- Won't even start Left 4 Dead

All in all, I would rate Windows 7 Beta as "The absolute best version of Windows that Microsoft has ever managed to produce".
It's still Windows..  It's still a child of design by committee..
If you want to have a pretty GUI userland and a "it just works" OS, go OSX
If you want a server, go *BSD of some flavor.
If you have to use Windows because your particular applications are Windows-only.. go Windows 7

Now, time to decide if i really want to try to install Solidworks, AutoCAD, & Pro/E on this Windows 7 machine...

Last edited by rdx-fx (2009-01-13 09:10:27)

Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6618|Greenwood, IN

rdx-fx wrote:

All in all, I would rate Windows 7 Beta as "The absolute best version of Windows that Microsoft has ever managed to produce".
Hands down the best and I think M$ knows it too.

That sucks RDX because L4D works for me. 

Last edited by Naturn (2009-01-13 09:21:32)

FloppY_
­

rdx-fx wrote:

Windows 7;
- Not as pretty as OSX in the 'ooh shiny' department
It's still Windows..  It's still a child of design by committee..
If you want to have a pretty GUI userland and a "it just works" OS, go OSX
All three sentances made me lol....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard