ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6471|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
'THQ and Relic Entertainment today announced the next title in the Company of Heroes series; Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor is currently scheduled to be released in spring 2009 on PC.'

"Company of Heroes is one of the most critically acclaimed RTS series of all time," said Peter Matiss, vice president of global brand management, THQ. "With Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor, Relic Entertainment is delivering an all-new, standalone chapter in the franchise and continues to push the boundaries of innovation and quality in the genre."

"In Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor, we're offering players a ton of rich, new content including more strategic options in single-player and multiplayer," said Tarrnie Williams, general manager, Relic Entertainment. "With fresh new campaigns and multiplayer modes, brand-new units, additional maps and the introduction of the 'direct-fire' feature, we're once again committed to delivering the best in strategic gaming."

http://www.gameslave.co.uk/newscomments … -Announced

Yes!!!! About time, this is THE game im looking forward to out of everything else!!!

Who else is looking forward to this?
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6572|London
Yay more factions for Relic to fail at balancing.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6593|Michigan, USA

Aries_37 wrote:

Yay more factions for Relic to fail at balancing.
QFT

I like Company of Heros, but the balancing is so terrible, it ruins it for me.  Still boggles my mind that infatry blobbing is a succesful tactic when it makes no sense. Might pick it up, but they have to fix some stuff before it becomes fun again.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6266
Is there any clue as to what any of this new content is?

I've only played vanilla CoH. I loved the campaign.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6219|Escea

Hopefully they wont do the, patch or no play routine that occured with opposing fronts.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6661|NT, like Mick Dundee

One day they might do the Russian front. I wont hold my breath though.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6433|Brisbane, Australia

Last edited by Machine_Madness (2008-11-03 23:26:26)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

Will they make rangers not die by twos to AT guns when all other infantry are extremely resilient?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6703|67.222.138.85

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Will they make rangers not die by twos to AT guns when all other infantry are extremely resilient?
tbh

Seriously, I've even gotten used to the ridiculous strafe run and such. Still, rangers get themselves killed faster than suicide bombers, and are a hell of a lot less effective.

Still very excited, will pick it up the day it comes out.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6593|Michigan, USA

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

tbh

Seriously, I've even gotten used to the ridiculous strafe run and such. Still, rangers get themselves killed faster than suicide bombers, and are a hell of a lot less effective.

I find their effective at clearing mindfields, and thats about it
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6467
Great news, I love the COH series- the only RTS game to ever really keep me entertained and playing for months on end (albeit casually, but still, I digress).

Really look forward to this- Spring 2009 should be good with titles like COH and Empire: Total War being released! A good quarter for RTS it seems!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Axatar
+29|6458|France
Still nothing from the next Homeworld.....
Stimey
­
+786|6117|Ontario | Canada
Still want a modern one though.
­
­
­
­
­
­
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6471|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND

Stimey wrote:

I used to like you...
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6349|Troy, New York
I'm guessing russian front. Sounds like Russian front for some reason.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6713|Riva, MD
There were some leaked pics of it that I saw on the net.  You get a few new vehicles(seems to be only Axis that gets them) for completing the new "Tiger Ace" campaign.

I saw all this on the CoH Facebook group but some asshole decided it was fit for deletion for some reason.

I wish they would hurry up and release the new patch, I REALLY want to hear the new Wehrmacht tank sounds.  Hopefully they got rid of the gay "Dodge" ability that they've given to Veteran Pumas that make them magically able to avoid all incoming fire.  That's just what I've heard though.
Stimey
­
+786|6117|Ontario | Canada

ELITE-UK wrote:

Stimey wrote:

I used to like you...
I still think this is the best rts available and russians would be siiiiiiick.
­
­
­
­
­
­
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

r2zoo wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

tbh

I find their effective at clearing mindfields, and thats about it
Not even the super-expensive weapons upgrades make them effective.

The only way I ever go ranger is if I have a British player who wants to fill slit trenches with AT.
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6457
It will include a Wehrmacht campaign, and supposedly campaigns for the other factions also. And everybody will get new units, although they will be the same thing as there counterpart except look different. Gamereplays.org has a lot more info about it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

I love it when in a compstomp, some random ally starts spurting out his nose about how someone or another sucks, then flips out when his clustered troops are bombed. Then he spends the rest of the game trying to hunt down your mobile priest British with AT, calliopes and flamethrowers and patting himself on the back with copious rofl's whenever he, out of 12 units you kill, manages to kill one of your squad members or damage a priest.

I hope they don't make situations like that impossible in the next expansion.
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6433|Brisbane, Australia
IGN had a hands on
http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/932/932463p1.html

A small trailer was released, trailer is nothing special really, but after reading the hands on review, it sounds pretty awesome.

Cant wait.

Last edited by Machine_Madness (2008-11-21 02:13:09)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6671|Canberra, AUS
Very much looking forward to.

BTW: How many people play COH still? I just started playing ranked.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6457

Spark wrote:

Very much looking forward to.

BTW: How many people play COH still? I just started playing ranked.
I still play. It would be cool if we could have a 3v3 bf2s in it or something.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6534|Long Island, New York
Might get it...never got the other expansion pack though, so I dunno. I'll have to see some more gameplay.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6671|Canberra, AUS
I don't have it either (OF, that is).

Ingame name: Spark0001 for the interested btw.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard