Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6617
Thanks a lot, Zimmer!

Now I can get my mind back onto more important matters - like posting on that sexuelle website you helped set-up!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Bevo
Nah
+718|6667|Austin, Texas
Indeed, congratulations Uzique. Sounds like you did the right thing without over-reacting, and you seem to have saved your relationship by taking a step back and looking at things as they are instead of being emotionally driven like most people would be in that situation. Good on you.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6617
Yep .

Although, I don't think we're completely out of the shit just yet. Last night she caught a train home (120 miles again) because apparently her dad is bringing some stuff to the house today (she has work at 1pm) and he doesn't like traveling alone. This seemed like a lot of effort to just be a considerate daughter... and last night, well, she went out clubbing with creeper-guy and a whole other bunch of friends from home, until about 3am. She said when I waved her off on the train that she would be missing me, texting and calling all night, it sucked she had to leave etc.etc. I got one drunken text at like 2:30am, and then a drunken phonecall at 3am informing me that she was walking home to bed now. And whaddya know, creeper-guy was walking her home! When shit like that happens and she keeps it completely quiet, it worries me, because I know that she is hot property in her local girl-market, and it basically just seems to me at the moment as though she's conveniently trying to keep the best of both worlds now - me and our relationship here at the house, with frequent trips back home for hang-outs, night-outs and fun experiences with creeper guy and co. I trust her so this shouldn't be a problem, I know... I know. But it still pisses me off that she's keeping stuff quiet, and it still naturally pisses me off that this guy is trying to leech onto her at every opportunity.

When this relationship first started, months ago, I drew a firm line in the sand that basically said the same thing that Teds said a few pages back: boyfriends should never feel second to another male, except for family. Whether or not that ginger faggot 'feels' like family to her, he fucking isn't. For months our relationship and that balance was perfect... he was completely off the radar, uncared about, unthought of, no communication. Now after this last week of hard times, he's back in the place he was before she even met me, and I just know that shit is going to hit the fan again if she intends to keep him and want him there. I know I said a few posts back that I've just got to keep quiet, put the arguments and serious discussion on the backburner - but what should I do, BF2s? Put my cards on the table early and risk scaring her off again, or put up with rivalry and feelings of bullshit relegation for a few weeks, so that she is more open to the talk, but could possibly be more adverse to change because she's 'used to things' then?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6837|Devon, England

Uzique wrote:

Yep .

Although, I don't think we're completely out of the shit just yet. Last night she caught a train home (120 miles again) because apparently her dad is bringing some stuff to the house today (she has work at 1pm) and he doesn't like traveling alone. This seemed like a lot of effort to just be a considerate daughter... and last night, well, she went out clubbing with creeper-guy and a whole other bunch of friends from home, until about 3am. She said when I waved her off on the train that she would be missing me, texting and calling all night, it sucked she had to leave etc.etc. I got one drunken text at like 2:30am, and then a drunken phonecall at 3am informing me that she was walking home to bed now. And whaddya know, creeper-guy was walking her home! When shit like that happens and she keeps it completely quiet, it worries me, because I know that she is hot property in her local girl-market, and it basically just seems to me at the moment as though she's conveniently trying to keep the best of both worlds now - me and our relationship here at the house, with frequent trips back home for hang-outs, night-outs and fun experiences with creeper guy and co. I trust her so this shouldn't be a problem, I know... I know. But it still pisses me off that she's keeping stuff quiet, and it still naturally pisses me off that this guy is trying to leech onto her at every opportunity.

When this relationship first started, months ago, I drew a firm line in the sand that basically said the same thing that Teds said a few pages back: boyfriends should never feel second to another male, except for family. Whether or not that ginger faggot 'feels' like family to her, he fucking isn't. For months our relationship and that balance was perfect... he was completely off the radar, uncared about, unthought of, no communication. Now after this last week of hard times, he's back in the place he was before she even met me, and I just know that shit is going to hit the fan again if she intends to keep him and want him there. I know I said a few posts back that I've just got to keep quiet, put the arguments and serious discussion on the backburner - but what should I do, BF2s? Put my cards on the table early and risk scaring her off again, or put up with rivalry and feelings of bullshit relegation for a few weeks, so that she is more open to the talk, but could possibly be more adverse to change because she's 'used to things' then?
Noo!

Don't fuck it up now, just ignore it. If that night went as well as you said it did, it means she feels comfortable now that you believe and trust her when she says it's just a friend thing.

Don't risk it, IMO.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6617
And I do trust her, and I do know that its just a friend thing for her...

But doing a 200-mile round journey just so that she can go home and go out with him/them for the night? And keeping it all quiet? Even if I do keep quiet about it, it's pretty damn harsh, haha. I know that, blah blah blah, if I put her in the same situation and if I did it, there would be a shitstorm.
Amdi Peter
peut-être
+111|5694|paris
Just ignore it, you defenetly don't wanna fuck up things now!
Imo, you should ignore it, and see what happens in the up-coming weeks.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6617

Amdi Peter wrote:

Just ignore it, you defenetly don't wanna fuck up things now!
Imo, you should ignore it, and see what happens in the up-coming weeks.

Will give it some time...
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6837|Devon, England

Uzique wrote:

I know that, blah blah blah, if I put her in the same situation and if I did it, there would be a shitstorm.
But she's a woman. They're allowed to do shit like that, apparently

It's up to us to take the moral high-ground subtly and only let it known to our friends about how better we are than them.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6667|Austin, Texas
He's a Ginger?...

No wonder.

I'd say ride it out. Unless she seems distant, in which case you're just be used in a transitionary phase. But I don't think so anyway, not if she reacted well to your surprise.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6718

I know it's not really adding anything but yeah, I'd agree with trying to ride it out. It'd be shit to be back at square one.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6418
Dont risk it Uzique. Rely on your trust in her until she feels comfortable again. Jealousy is a bitch, but you have to take it like a man.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6617
Yeah, she's living with me for the most part... I'll deal with the urges and occasions when she goes home to hang out with him as they come. It'll be awkward, and yeah there will be jealousy when I know how he thinks about her and the sort of sweet-talk, "I love you" lets-hold-hands sorta relationship that they have - purely platonic and familial on her half, wanting for more and attracted on his. He is a great support to her, I have to detach myself from my own feelings/jealousy and acknowledge that part at least, I just hope that over time as we recover from this lowpoint, she'll come to rely more on me for that support and less on this cuntrag.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6728|SE London

Uzique wrote:

Yeah, she's living with me for the most part... I'll deal with the urges and occasions when she goes home to hang out with him as they come. It'll be awkward, and yeah there will be jealousy when I know how he thinks about her and the sort of sweet-talk, "I love you" lets-hold-hands sorta relationship that they have - purely platonic and familial on her half, wanting for more and attracted on his. He is a great support to her, I have to detach myself from my own feelings/jealousy and acknowledge that part at least, I just hope that over time as we recover from this lowpoint, she'll come to rely more on me for that support and less on this cuntrag.
I hope you're at least enjoying the fact that he's probably suffering through this a lot more than you. You've got her. He wants her, but will never have her (certainly doesn't sound like she's ever going to go running into his arms, no matter what happens). Keep that in mind. I'm sure it'd cheer me up in the same situation. In fact all his hanging around with her is probably just making him feel worse and worse.....

Last edited by Bertster7 (2009-07-24 06:32:46)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6646|so randum
has anyone kicked his head in yet?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6646|so randum
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6276|Carnoustie MASSIF
Beat him silly.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6617
Haha well if confronting her with my issue is relationship-suicide, slicin' and dicin' his intestines would definitely put me in a pretty tricky situation.
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|6127|Toronto

Uzique wrote:

Haha well if confronting her with my issue is relationship-suicide, slicin' and dicin' his intestines would definitely put me in a pretty tricky situation.
There have been instances of people falling out of their bedroom windows. It's actually quite common; it's like they are so obsessed with something that they don't realise there's emptiness below and just try to fly towards that something. It's quite possible it could happen to him.
I like pie.
CammRobb
Banned

Uzique wrote:

https://www.belch.com/img/bitchslapped.jpg
You knows it.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6646|so randum
i heard people get jumped on the way home from a night out for no reason.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5848|College Park, MD
Hire a hitman. Nothing's more annoying than the guy who's "just friends" who might have attempted to have something with her at some point but it didn't work out and he still hasn't gotten over the fact cos he's a lily-livered bitch.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
CammRobb
Banned

TSI wrote:

Uzique wrote:

There have been instances of people falling out of their bedroom windows. It's actually quite common; it's like they are so obsessed with something that they don't realise there's emptiness below and just try to fly towards that something. It's quite possible it could happen to him.

FatherTed wrote:

i heard people get jumped on the way home from a night out for no reason.
You two are bad.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6416

Seriously that guy needs a punch in the nuts. Maybe someday you'll be in a position where you can do that without completely destroying everything else you have going on.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-07-24 14:49:05)

BALTINS
ಠ_ಠ
+37|6632|Latvia
Wow.. i really admire your composure. My ex was often so irrational and changed her mind every other day that I was close to loosing my mind..
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|6127|Toronto
Uzi, I'm sorry. Genuinely. Seriously, this is just about the worst situation I can imagine. There's no way out here that I can think of; whereas I still don't believe she's having an affair with this clown, this mess has gone too far for anything good to come of it.
I trust you've explained to her that you got the house specifically to be there together.

Actually, I lied. There is one possible solution. Wait another week for good measure, then go to the guy. Go to him in person, don't beat him at all. Talk to him frankly, mano a mano. You need him to look you in the eye and tell you that he supports the relationship between you and Katie. If he doesn't, tell her. Then, ask her what she values more.

It'll put un unfathomable amount of stress, but I think you need to find out what the hell's going to happen next. This is getting ridiculous.

Aside, I've heard there's this problem they have in the UK with people falling down random uncovered manholes. You wouldn't have any clue about it?
I like pie.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard