djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6336|Oregon
"Moreover, given the increasing diversity of America's population, the dangers of sectarianism have never been greater. Whatever we once were, we are no longer just a Christian nation; we are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers."
- Barack Obama.

Aside from all the politicking, one-upping and general "Blah-Blah-Blah" of pre-election tomfoolery, Obama has said quite a few things that have really stuck with me.
This is my favorite.

He's right... completely. The world is shrinking, and will shrink even more. It's time to realize that, without a dictatorship, America can't be the Christian nation that it both claims to be, and claims not to be. Theocratic philosophy will do nothing but further our ignorance.

Discuss.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6707|67.222.138.85
Who said we're a Christian nation?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

ummm... i have like 5 different churches within 5 minutes of my house.  whats the problem exactly?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Pat Robertson, George Bush, Jerry Falwell, Al Sharpton, Rick Warren...you want more?

usmarine wrote:

ummm... i have like 5 different churches within 5 minutes of my house.  whats the problem exactly?
That you bother us instead of them.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-08-30 13:19:08)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Pat Robertson, George Bush, Jerry Falwell, Al Sharpton, Rick Warren...you want more?

usmarine wrote:

That you bother us instead of them.e
Don't forget John Hagee!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

usmarine wrote:

oh you listen to those people?  lulz.  i thought you were smarter than that.
Flaming_Maniac

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Sorry, I meant who that actually matters what comes out of their mouth said that about modern day America.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

usmarine wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

usmarine wrote:

oh you listen to those people?  lulz.  i thought you were smarter than that.
I couldn't go on if I didn't get my daily dose of the 700 Club.

Marine thinks I'm smart!  Yesssssss.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

drink a glass of asshole today ken?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

usmarine wrote:

drink a glass of asshole today ken?
No I'm still drunk from last night and sitting at work.  Anything I can do to prolong the inevitable is good times.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6344|tropical regions of london

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Sorry, I meant who that actually matters what comes out of their mouth said that about modern day America.
the head of state and government doesnt matter?
Flaming_Maniac

God Save the Queen wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

the head of state and government doesnt matter?
Not what idiotic bullshit they spout in context of the Cold War.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida
George Orwell was a liberal
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5754|Roma
he didn't mention pastafarianism.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

David Bowie and Obama are due for a mash-up:

Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6183|Ireland
I miss the Christian nation we once were.  Obama wants the US to lose its identity, this is why he supports people from other countries breaking our laws and using our system against us.

Sad that this is what can become the leader of our Nation, but doesn't surprise me from the party that put a person in the White House who put in writing that he lothed the US military.

I would almost vote for that traitor McCain if I knew for a fact he would kick the bucket in the first year and we could have a hottie for President.
I know nothing about her so I am sure she would be better than McCain, O'bama, or Biden.  At least she would be decent eye candy compared to the Robot, Cragger, or Mr. Wrinkles.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

I guy I work with told me yesterday that Obama was going to paint the dome of the Capitol building gold, promote Muslim agendas, and promote gay sex.  He was dead serious.

PS - that bitch aint good looking.  Get out more.
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.
Why be a Christian nation when you can be a nation of non believers.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6183|Ireland

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I guy I work with told me yesterday that Obama was going to paint the dome of the Capitol building gold, promote Muslim agendas, and promote gay sex.  He was dead serious.

She is pretty damn hot at 44. 

You go fuck Hillary.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5754|Roma

jord wrote:

Why be a Christian nation when you can be a nation of non believers.
see taht would be boring.
People want to see priests having sex with kids and laugh at the pope who is chose by "god".
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

I'd rather we be considered a nation of brothers, sisters, friends, fathers, mothers - real normal people.
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.
You know those threads "You know when you" , well the answer for "You know you're too old when" is when you start thinking Palin is hot.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Lotta_Drool wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

She is pretty damn hot at 44. 

You go fuck Hillary.
Sorry I'd rather screw the 18-25 year-olds that seem to think I'm God.
liquix
+51|6454|Peoples Republic of Portland

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

christians.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK
I was under the impression y'all were a christian nation.  God bless this and god bless that.  Doubt we'll ever see a non christian prez either.

Last edited by m3thod (2008-08-30 14:35:44)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard