Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5966|London, England

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

New one looks less kiddy, I like it
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6606|Greenwood, IN

Poseidon wrote:

Naturn wrote:

Yes that.  I like that.  Everything is organized to were I know whats what...  The new one adds stuff I really don't want and don't have a choice to have it on my box.

M$ is starting to act like Sony and started putting in shit THEY think we want...
Dude. You've seen like, 3 minutes of video footage of it. How are you going to know if it's organized and you can find stuff? Really, Naturn. Come on.
Thats really enough really to get a good view of it.  They will release more videos and screenshots in the weeks to come and i'm positive my opinion on it won't change.  Unless they change stuff from now till then i'm not happy with it.  I don't want the avatar shit ether.  I just like the dashboard the way it is now.  I understand they want to change stuff but to be honest they should give you an option to use the old one or the new one.  It just looks like they are copying something but its not working out so well.

Edit: However I do like the loading of the games on the HDD though.  Because the DVD ROM sounds like a jet...

Last edited by Naturn (2008-07-17 21:19:30)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York

Naturn wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Naturn wrote:

Yes that.  I like that.  Everything is organized to were I know whats what...  The new one adds stuff I really don't want and don't have a choice to have it on my box.

M$ is starting to act like Sony and started putting in shit THEY think we want...
Dude. You've seen like, 3 minutes of video footage of it. How are you going to know if it's organized and you can find stuff? Really, Naturn. Come on.
Thats really enough really to get a good view of it.  They will release more videos and screenshots in the weeks to come and i'm positive my opinion on it won't change.  Unless they change stuff from now till then i'm not happy with it.  I don't want the avatar shit ether.  I just like the dashboard the way it is now.  I understand they want to change stuff but to be honest they should give you an option to use the old one or the new one.  It just looks like they are copying something but its not working out so well.

Edit: However I do like the loading of the games on the HDD though.  Because the DVD ROM sounds like a jet...
1) It's in an early build obviously. Give it time.
2) You don't have to use Avatars IIRC, you can still use gamerpics.
Stimey
­
+786|6121|Ontario | Canada
I sold my wii for a serious gaming console
All I've ended up with is a Wii lookalike >.>
­
­
­
­
­
­
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

Stimey wrote:

I sold my wii for a serious gaming console
All I've ended up with is a Wii lookalike >.>
serious gaming console = pc.

xbox and PS3 are cheap knockoffs

Last edited by Miggle (2008-07-17 21:30:49)

https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6606|Greenwood, IN

Poseidon wrote:

Well its not and early build because it will be out this fall like they said but they still have time to listen to the people.  I'm kind of curious because of what happened with EA and BF:BC.  But, then again this is M$ we are talking here.

I really have nothing to say about the second comment.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

for the record ps3 had in game xmb first.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5962|Washington DC

Miggle wrote:

Actually, the 360 has had the in-game guide since release if I'm not mistaken.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York

Naturn wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Well its not and early build because it will be out this fall like they said but they still have time to listen to the people.  I'm kind of curious because of what happened with EA and BF:BC.  But, then again this is M$ we are talking here.

I really have nothing to say about the second comment.
...it doesn't take that much time to make a new build and adjust things, Naturn. Plus, now they know what the public thinks, and will change it accordingly (hopefully).

Miggle wrote:

I lol'd
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6606|Greenwood, IN

Miggle wrote:

What are you talking about...  The 360 had done it since day one.  Check messages and such in game.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

Naturn wrote:

Miggle wrote:

What are you talking about...  The 360 had done it since day one.  Check messages and such in game.
they had the in game dashboard first...
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin
How do you even get this dashboard, and is it free?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6733|St. Andrews / Oslo

The old one was butt ugly.

The new one isn't great, but better.

So, yay!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
sportsman11-2cool4u
We can be those mistakes!
+98|6328|USA Biznatch!
Is it out already or do we wait for it?
kptk92
u
+972|6409|tc_london
You wait for the new one.
GR34
+215|6546|ALBERTA> CANADA
wow I need to hook up XBL and get that it looks cool
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6349|Belfast
The new one looks like a badly flawed XMB.

i aint being biased here

but the XMB looks a hell of alot easier to navigate by the look of that dashboard

Last edited by henno13 (2008-07-18 14:09:57)

kptk92
u
+972|6409|tc_london
The new style Dashboard looks interesting. Don't flame it based on a short video and images that is only showing off its looks. Aside from the Gameshows which I will decide on when MS put any form of pricetag on them, the new Dashboard looks great The new avatars look interesting too..
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6606|Greenwood, IN
If you don't like the look of the new Xbox 360 Dashboard unveiled at E3 last week, then "you don't actually have to use it," says Microsoft's Xbox Live director of programming Larry 'Major Nelson' Hryb.

According to The Major, every single function available in current 360 backend will be included in the new, clean-looking Dash', which you can bypass completely if you choose.
"I know that there are some people that aren't going to like the happy, happy, shiny New Xbox Experience. For whatever reason it's not flipping their bit," Hryb said in his latest podcast.
"Here's my message to you: you don't actually have to use it. You can never go there, just leave your game disc in and pretty much do everything that you could before but on the Guide level - one button press away in every single game."

Sounds excellent to us. Even more good news for New Xbox Experience haters comes in the form of Avatars, and how you don't have to use them. "If you don't like the avatars, they're not required. You can use your Gamer Pictures," said Hryb in the podcast. "Your existing and Gamer Pictures and Themes still work," adds co-host 'e'.
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Source ]

Last edited by Naturn (2008-07-21 21:29:16)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard