aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6351|Iowa...
Drag Me to Hell- 8.5/10

i don't think i've ever been this creeped out, disgusted, and laughing at the same time. plus it has one of the best fight scenes i've ever seen in a movie.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6597|Michigan, USA

JahManRed wrote:

Angels & Demons. 5/10 (Includes Spoilers)

Where do I start because there was so much wrong with this movie. I was interested in the Illuminati until I watched this guff. So they want to blow up Vatican city. But for some unexplained reason they decided to leave the bomb at the end of trail of clues hidden in the statues of Rome. Luckily they have Tom Hanks (minus the mullet) who is an expert in such matters to track the bomb down. He doesn't fit the roll well.
Ewin Mc Gregor is wooden playing a Northern Irish preist who was adopted by a Cardinal after his parents where blown up by the UVF. Somehow in his childhood he learned how to fly helicopters, which comes in handy at the films climax. The storey is terrible, you could see the plot twists a mile off. 30mins from the end my GF wanted to leave only I was actually enjoying the comedy, (although it wasn't meant to be funny) of the wrapping up of the film, so insisted we stayed. Most of the people in the cinema where actually laughing out loud at the predictable plot twists and the helicopter scene at the end was ridiculous. A bomb which was large enough to wipe out Rome was flown straight up into the air by McGregor. It detonates blowing the people on the ground off their feet. Taking the roofs of buildings etc. That bit was cool. But Mc Gregor somehow managed to safely parachute out of the heli. durring the explosion. LOL, just LOL.
Don't waste your money on this film. Wish I had over ruled the missus and insisted on Star Trek.
Saw it last night, and having read the book I'll say 8/10, even though I feel asleep watching The Davinci Code, so I didn't have high hopes, or a big amount of interest.

Spoilers Follow:

The plot is far better in the actual book, but given its a book->movie adaptation its gonna get dumbed down.  The point of the plot is that the Illuminati are not behind the attacks, rather they are being framed for the actions of the priest in a way to discredit science. Having read the book I was basically waiting for the plot to fall into place, but my friend was really into it.  As for the helicopter part, there's a fair bit more too it then what they show, rather disappointing.

Spoilers over

Anyways as far as Star Trek goes, good film, no doubt, but the plot "twists" are seen MILES away, the ending is quite obvious, the trailer lays it out more or less, but still a great movie.

Last edited by r2zoo (2009-05-30 23:09:33)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Taken - 10/10. Epic, strong contender for Bourne tbh.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646
Witness 1985 movie looked interesting 7.5/10
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America
Cars 8/10. Missed the first hour or so, but it was still a really fun watch at any age.
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5498|England
Shawshank Redemption

9.9/10
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6509
angels and demons

8.5/10
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Terminator Salvation

8-9/10

Dunno what the hate of this movie was from, it was awsm.
too_money2007
+145|6309|Keller, Tx
Terminator: Salvation - 2/5: Could've been much better, but with McG at the helm, it fell apart. *Spoiler* I'm so sick of seeing a Terminator throw people around rather than just break rip their heads off!! What's the point of being designed to kill if you only punch and throw? Yesh! */Spoiler*

Star Trek - 5/5: Great flick, starts off the new series with a bang!

Twilight - 2/5: Not as bad as everyone said, but, come on, sparkling Vampires?
xxCaptainBlackxx
♥♦♣♠♥♦♣
+47|6645|internet
A bronx tale 9/10

Once upon a time in America 10/10
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6474|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Terminator: Salvation
7,75/10
wheelsup@7
Yeah still here
+49|6640|Pennsylvania

Star Trek: 3.5/10... the Romulian ship looked like a flying porcupine, star ships are built in space dock not on the ground, the actor that played bones spent the whole performance copying every mannerism of Deforest Kelly and came across as very shallow, A ship that gets sucked into a black hole is crushed not thrown through time, Red matter...seriously WTF, The story line was weak (you couldn't save my family, so I'm going to destroy everyone's plant...BS). Have some originality and start a new trek crew instead of trying to regurgitate an old one. Two points for special effects and action sequences,One point for half naked chicks, and half a point for all the times he stuck kirk in the neck with the hypo spray (I actually found that humorous).

Last edited by wheelsup@7 (2009-06-03 16:48:24)

ScOrPiOn1189
+8|6463|New York
Resident Evil 7/10
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6579|Columbus, OH
Terminator: Salvation 8/10

It was kinda like Matrix-ish and BSG-ish but overall it was good.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

loubot wrote:

Worthington any good in it?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Flecco wrote:

loubot wrote:

Really good, I reckon he was the best one in it.
too_money2007
+145|6309|Keller, Tx

M.O.A.B wrote:

Flecco wrote:

loubot wrote:

Really good, I reckon he was the best one in it.
Only reason to see it. He was great.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Cool.

He's in James Cameron's next movie too.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Flecco wrote:

Cool.

He's in James Cameron's next movie too.
Cameron was the one who recommended him for the Terminator role.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Fair enough.

I wanna see Avatar tbh.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK
Wolverine

4/10
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6490|Gogledd Cymru

m3thod wrote:

Wolverine

4/10
Same, was pretty wank
Flecco
iPod is broken.

The Sheriff wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Wolverine

4/10
Same, was pretty wank
That ninja fucker had swords coming out of his fucking arms.

Then again I went in expecting trashy Hollywood action. It delivered.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6579|Columbus, OH

Flecco wrote:

loubot wrote:

Sam aka Marcus did not have much of a dialogue but his acting was good. It was a solid performance which kept my attention.
I believe he is going to play the main character in the movie remake of Clash of the Titans.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

Interstella 5555. Seeing that I don't like anime and haven't ever been too fond of Daft Punk, I was surprised to like this movie. I'll give it 8/10.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard