Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6732|Singapore
Well, that really sucks, bad to own a car now, considering sky high oil prices. How are you guys coping?
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6342|tropical regions of london
by not driving much
13rin
+977|6478
I haven't altered my life in the least.  I did buy a Harley, but that wasn't due to gas prices.  Actually, I made my Jeep less fuel efficient...
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Brasso
+1,549|6629

bike
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
God Save the Queen
Banned

DBBrinson1 wrote:

I haven't altered my life in the least.  I did buy a Harley, but that wasn't due to gas prices.  Actually, I made my Jeep less fuel efficient...
must be nice.  Ive got to worry about spending money on gas.  40 dollars wouldnt even fill up my car the other day, and I was on a 1/4 tank when I filled.
13rin
+977|6478

God Save the Queen wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

must be nice.  Ive got to worry about spending money on gas.  40 dollars wouldnt even fill up my car the other day, and I was on a 1/4 tank when I filled.
I don't know if it's nice or not.  I really haven't given it a thought.
Meh, It's a 19 gallon tank. I usually fill up 16 gallons when the light comes on so I'm paying about 50-60 bucks every 150 or so miles.  Yea! 10 Miles to the gallon.  Before all of the Modifications I was at 200 miles to the tank.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
God Save the Queen
Banned
200 to the tank.  On a jeep?  what kind?

Ive got a 94 cherokee that I dont drive any more that gives me a whopping 8 miles to the gallon.

Last edited by God Save the Queen (2008-05-20 07:50:27)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6567|Mountains of NC

I'm getting tired of hearing on the news " Oil has set a new record " -------- no shit .............. everyday its the same line -> " Oil has set a new record "

I think by now we realize that its setting records

I watching CNBC this morning and they were talking to the CEO of BP and he kept trying to justify the price and why his company is bring in billions
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
13rin
+977|6478

God Save the Queen wrote:

200 to the tank.  On a jeep?  what kind?

Ive got a 94 cherokee that I dont drive any more that gives me a whopping 8 miles to the gallon.
Nice.

200 miles to the tank was stock now it's 150-160
It is a 04' TJ Rubicon. I lifted it 5 inches and put some 35" tires on it.  Also upgraded intake and exhaust (borla header too).

It sounds like a tank.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2008-05-20 08:11:28)

naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6560|Southampton, UK

Worst here:

129.3 Per/l

POUNDS!

So that's around $2.60?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6492|N. Ireland

naightknifar wrote:

Worst here:

129.3 Per/l

POUNDS!

So that's around $2.60?
Wow, we're only at 115-120 now. I guess being slow at some things is good after all!
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6759|San Antonio, Texas
Right now gas prices around here are sitting at $2.65 a gallon. I have a F-150 with ~21 gallon tank and get around 12 MPG...
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6648|Washington DC

You know, if the dollar were stronger, we wouldn't have this problem ... according to my economist friends who work for the US Government, the rise in crude prices is mostly due to the dollars weakness on the world economy.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6732|Singapore

OrangeHound wrote:

You know, if the dollar were stronger, we wouldn't have this problem ... according to my economist friends who work for the US Government, the rise in crude prices is mostly due to the dollars weakness on the world economy.
Well read somewhere that its Bush's fault for the rise?
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6560|Southampton, UK

kylef wrote:

naightknifar wrote:

Worst here:

129.3 Per/l

POUNDS!

So that's around $2.60?
Wow, we're only at 115-120 now. I guess being slow at some things is good after all!
Sex.

It helps if you arn't too quick to jump the gun.
too_money2007
+145|6307|Keller, Tx
Oil is gay. I think mostly it's just the middle east getting back at us for walking the walk and running over those shithole cuntries. I say fuck them all, pull out and mine Alaska while looking for better energy alternatives (solar, wind, geothermal, steam). Fuck the rest of the world. Fuck you all, dikes!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England

OrangeHound wrote:

So if Opec started using Euros instead of Dollars, would things become cheaper?
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6648|Washington DC

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Not for the United States.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

OrangeHound wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Not for the United States.
Sounds great then! Lets do it!
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

OrangeHound wrote:

Once interest rates go back up so will the dollar.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

OrangeHound wrote:

Meh. Double edged sword. The oil is cheaper for other countries to buy because of the weakness of the dollar. But, as you point out, the weakness of the dollar combined with the massive demand from the US does artificially inflate the price. Although opinion is divided amongst economists over whether the weak dollar is actually beneficial for the rest of the world in terms of oil prices, or detrimental. It's certainly a fine line and doesn't make much odds. The real issue is the massive rise in demand from developing countries with huge populations, like India and China.
retro77
meh.
+1|5821
Its simple: Weak dollar + lower oil demand + the oil refinery fires/shut downs = high gas prices.

I drive 2001 Yukon XL and its probably over $100 to fill up. I only put $30 in at a time so it doesn't hurt so much. My next car will not use gasoline at all.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

OrangeHound wrote:

The dollar hasn't fallen as low as it was anticipated. http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/13/news/ec … ernational
..at least no where near the rate oil has risen the last few months. We have major refineries operating in the mid 80 percentile..much lower than normal. May 10th the Saudis raised production to 300k barrels. It takes time for this to filter through, but if our refineries are not keeping up they are the weak link.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
dan673
+46|5982

Ayumiz wrote:

Well, that really sucks, bad to own a car now, considering sky high oil prices. How are you guys coping?
How am I coping? I'm making a rediculous amount of money from my oil stock which is now up over 500% from when I bought it around 3 years ago. I drive a a bmw 530xi and pay around 60 dollars to fill it up. So overall, I'm coping very well.

Last edited by dan673 (2008-05-20 13:32:55)

liquix
+51|6453|Peoples Republic of Portland
carpool if i head downtown, bicycle if weather permits. A sweet illegal alien in a truck ran me over in a bike lane on my all-weather bike

to the guy from san antonio, 2.65 is awesome. I'm quite jealous, and it's not even as bad in portland as it is in other places. Kinda crazy seeing prices change +5 cents every two days.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard