idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6716|Debris From Space
I'm not sure if this has been posted before but ah well.

If you run into, a stationary tank that doesn't see you. And you just know it isn't going to move. You are an engineer. what do you do? Hop around the tank putting mines around it and risk being seen by it?
I have a much better way. Slap down a mine behind, or near the tank then, throw a grenade down near the mine (it doesnt matter if it's not touching it) and run. Since a single landmine can take out a tank the explosion from the grenade detonates the mine and takes out the tank. It's not a tactic that can be used on a moving tank that spots you but it's for those times when you get behind a tank camper as an engineer.

I hope this helps some people as i've been experimenting with stuff like this.

PS. It works on any vehicle. Even a helicopter hovering low at a heliport. Apart from jet's.

Last edited by idiotofwar (2005-12-23 08:15:10)

IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6726
switching from my mines to my grenade would unfortunatly make my small feeble mind go pop.... Good find though. I always try to throw explosives at tanks. i really hate the anti-tank kit(the gun sux). maybe ill like it more once i get sf.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6705
nice find, i think it will help a lot
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
[C4]LostMonkey
+0|6742|Norway
I know that tactic(posted it somewhere before). Only used it once thought, but me and a former clan mate were testing as engineers at Karkand while we were waiting for the game to start. Killing infantry with mines and stuff. We maked a path on 30m (10 mines) along the mainroad, thats was cool watching.
Rus_78_Region
+0|6689|St.-Petersburg, Russia
Nice way... thanks
tonitsen
+0|6697|Finland
Just wondering... why waste grenade, when you can throw mine on top of tank and when he moves/fires... BOOM
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6732
I actually used AT mines to kill a tank the other day!  SERIOUSLY!

I was near the square, behind the fence near the little generator thing around the corner from the vodnik.  There was an enemy tank near the fences, occupied by some infantry or something.  I run near him and toss the mine in the middle of the road.  Crap, he won't hit it now!  He sees me run behind the little generator thingy and starts back.  I pop out and throw a grenade, getting hit down to all but 3 bars of HP from a tank MG round.  He avoids the mine, but the grenade detonated it and killed him!  2 kills!
ronin1942
+-1|6832

[C4]LostMonkey wrote:

I know that tactic(posted it somewhere before). Only used it once thought, but me and a former clan mate were testing as engineers at Karkand while we were waiting for the game to start. Killing infantry with mines and stuff. We maked a path on 30m (10 mines) along the mainroad, thats was cool watching.
I never really thought of that. thats a good idea.
ST19AG_WGreymon
+5|6730|Clinton, MD, USA
I got 4 kills when I destroyed a fully loaded humvee. I put down one mine on the far left side of a road and the humvee just happened to go to the left.
[C4]LostMonkey
+0|6742|Norway
Don't think it would be that great in the heat of battle, and my guess is that if it's effective we probably start a new "n00b", lamer, whoring weapon
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6730|In your head
Or you could always just put a mine behind and infront or toss one on its turret so when the turret moves it blows the mine.
Sud
+0|6736
Indeed, no need, just fling the mine on top of the tank, and the next time that sucker moves he's doomed.

If you want some real fun with mines, though, break off from the general riff raff in Karkand, run over to the train accident, toss a couple mines on the far side of the tracks (so they can't be seen), two mines in the water in the middle of the driveble area, and one right before the end of the top of the ramp going down, so it's JUST out of view.

Find a good hiding spot (maybe get a supply box from a commander out of view), sit back, and laugh as vodniks full of clanners blow themselves up
s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6735|Somewhere in NYC
why don't you just take the tank? or place the AT mine on top of the tank? That way, any action done will detonate the mine on top of the tank
Azygos666
+0|6697
Similar thing works great for all you snipers out there.  I know I can't be the only one who cut off my only escape route with a claymore and had a BS commander that refused to drop supplies for you (even when you are raking in kills like a mofo).  Claymore is guaranteed to kill you, well placed grenade will be atleast a 50 50 shot of you getting out.

-Wolf
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer

[C4]LostMonkey wrote:

Don't think it would be that great in the heat of battle, and my guess is that if it's effective we probably start a new "n00b", lamer, whoring weapon
As i said, it won't work on a moving vehicle, plus it takes some skill to sneak around it throw a mine down and lob a grenade, then run away like you were never there.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer

Sud wrote:

Indeed, no need, just fling the mine on top of the tank, and the next time that sucker moves he's doomed.

If you want some real fun with mines, though, break off from the general riff raff in Karkand, run over to the train accident, toss a couple mines on the far side of the tracks (so they can't be seen), two mines in the water in the middle of the driveble area, and one right before the end of the top of the ramp going down, so it's JUST out of view.

Find a good hiding spot (maybe get a supply box from a commander out of view), sit back, and laugh as vodniks full of clanners blow themselves up
Look I just said, it's for a NON moving tank camper. Plus, that tactic has never worked before for me, the mine just slides off and the tank never moves.

"why don't you just take the tank?"
Because there is somebody already inside it.

"why waste grenade"

It's not a waste because you can take out a tank with it.

Jeez I only posted this as an extra tactic, not to be used 24/7. It's for those people who want to do something different.

Last edited by idiotofwar (2005-12-23 10:48:08)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6709|California

throw mines at blackhawk, watching all those AT kills popup are heartwarming
Sud
+0|6736
I've never, in my days, encountered a tank camper that didn't move. Generally, the first moment they here that BRAAP BRAAP BRAAP RED X RED X OMG OMG they're spamming that smoke button and beatin a path out of texas.

If the mine is slipping off that's due to bad aim, but that can be fixed by paying better attention that you land it on a smooth surface (not the angled dome off the tank).

Otherwise, you can throw the nade if you want in that instance that you've flung it on top too (and from a safer positioning as well). It'll still go off.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
Yes but since DICE are removing the ability to jump and fire a weapon or throw mines on a tank, this could help people. Plus, it's cool to watch. I did say you don't JUST have to use it on tanks. It works on any vehicle apart from jets and maybe helicopters. unless you are lucky.

Last edited by idiotofwar (2005-12-23 11:52:42)

Azygos666
+0|6697
Have to post again, since I was put in a situation to use this only moments ago.  Had to be a newb tanker as he enjoyed driving towards the little red X's.  However I was stuck at an enemy base with an engineer and looking at the ass end of a tank just sitting there.  Roll up, toss the mine down, take a few steps back, toss the grenade....and the mine goes flying off somewher to the right.  WTF??? I mean atleast it could of blown up and not killed the tank...but to go flying off the edge of my screen.  Gods I wish I had taken a video of it

-Wolf
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
hmm never happened to me, when I do it, i throw the mine down then immidiately throw a 'nade as close to it, then leg it. That sounds weird.

Azygos666 wrote:

Similar thing works great for all you snipers out there.  I know I can't be the only one who cut off my only escape route with a claymore and had a BS commander that refused to drop supplies for you (even when you are raking in kills like a mofo).  Claymore is guaranteed to kill you, well placed grenade will be atleast a 50 50 shot of you getting out.

-Wolf
if i do that i trip it with my knife. it takes alot of practice not to kill yourself but it's really fun
BeforeGod
+0|6804|British Columbia
Yeah I've been using this one for a few months now. Nothing like sneaking up to a base raping tanker and making him wonder how the hell an AT mine killed him. When I do it though I usually try to put two mines down incase he moves enough to get away from the first explosion.

As for tossing the mines directly onto the tanks, I usually try that first but it isn't always too succesful. I use the grenade detonation method most often after the mine has slipped off the rear deck.
[C4]LostMonkey
+0|6742|Norway
Imagine everyone who has used the GL most suddenly turns to use MINES the most
Man, 32 engineers on Karkand running all over the place with MINES in their hands, I've loved to see that
A.Drew(G.Drew
+4|6729|Hamilton, Scotland

stryyker wrote:

throw mines at blackhawk, watching all those AT kills popup are heartwarming
i member this jakeball was in an mec helo with the open back end dropping C4 onto backhawks (while in the air), and then.... that bastard got alota kills frm that... AND ME!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard