oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au

R3v4n wrote:

Wake is an awsum map, if you work as a team US can take the whole map in under 3 minutes.
true - but only if the right amount of people are on. if you have a half full server, a good game just won't materialise because unless the chinese are idling, it will be as YunDog describes it - a us player or two will neutralise a flag to be suddenly hit by the wrath of god from three different directions at once. nothing much tends to happen because they simply dont have the numbers to storm the beaches...

anyway, i think i already mentioned this, but as a server idea, i would recommend having SF/mod night on something other than friday or saturday nights, as (i don't know about other peeps but) those are the two night i get away from the computer and go out.

(...and if you were to have an Iron Gator night, I can also guarantee that I could get about 10 people to show up, by myself. so if a couple of you know some other gator whores, we could definitely fill the server. just an idea...)
YunDog
+6|6551
Please dont think Im having a cry or anything

its just something struck me as really odd about that wake game on the BF2s server the other night ... and I couldnt figure what..

I think Ive sussed it out... they we're letting us keep certain flags on the island

that way no accusations of raping the carrier and they could spawn rape and stat pad to their hearts content at one of either flags they let us have...

sort of a controlled cull... shooting ducks in a barrel

I dont play BF2 so I can be a lamb waiting for my turn to be slaughtered

bar bar
oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au
hmmm...

you know, i do that on certain maps just so there's a fight. for example, on the aforementioned iron gator, if the server is really low on numbers and i'm US i always try and convince my fellow seals to let the MEC take a flag, as otherwise we're just sitting there doing nothing. Same happens on Wake - if the numbers are really low, you let the US take a flag and keep it so they can spawn on the island and fight.

there is no way that constitutes "stats padding". if they let you have a flag and someone is camping the flag with a tank or whatever, warn your team and don't spawn there. simple... if you'd rather sit back and get frustrated on the carrier, the choice is yours.

the game is about killing the other team in the end, so if they're bored and let you have a flag, that's not stat padding, that's giving you an opportunity for a fight.

:s

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-11-23 17:43:22)

R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6488|Melbourne

Well when I'm on wake, and the numbers are low i tend to take an F35 to the air filed and once I'm there every one spawn on me as a squad.  This effectively takes out the rape. Otherwise i take it to them Via AT rockets, TV missiles or F35 Bombs.  Both teams have even vehicles you just have to know how to use them, as for SF night we are thinking about a week day instead.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au
good stuff
YunDog
+6|6551

oberst_enzian wrote:

hmmm...

there is no way that constitutes "stats padding". if they let you have a flag and someone is camping the flag with a tank or whatever, warn your team and don't spawn there. simple... if you'd rather sit back and get frustrated on the carrier, the choice is yours.

the game is about killing the other team in the end, so if they're bored and let you have a flag, that's not stat padding, that's giving you an opportunity for a fight.

:s
I hear what your saying

So basically the choice is spawn on the carrier where roe makes you 'relatively' safe or spawn at the flag where tanks, choppers, J10 and arty is waiting

doesnt seem like much of a choice - and Id hardly call it an opportunity to fight - bout the same opportunity as coming in from the carrier - actually coming from the carrier you probably have a bit more choices.

If the game is so one sided that one team controls the other team ie where they spawn - is it still a game?

personally Id rather have no choice and spawn on the carrier - at least then its upto me to get on the essex,boat,fly,hide till the next map - rather than be under the 'misconception' that we are holding ground on the mainland where to spawn is to have no choice but become K+1 for a camper

at least that way if its going to be an 'excersise in futility' like so often occurs on that map - I wont be deceived into thinking otherwise

that is to say sometimes its good to know upfront if youve got no chance - before you waste valuable minutes you could be using to join another server -  just spitballing some thoughts - not criticising or crying

edit: you know when you get the purple heart your doing more dying than fighting, and spawning to be instantly killed inst a fun game

double edit:

Ive had a couple of big ground battles on wake and I agree they are ausome - so I hear what your saying - id have to say though that most of the wake servers I join these are the exception... but yes I agree they are huge and very competitive and fun

Last edited by YunDog (2006-11-23 20:31:13)

R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6488|Melbourne

K, Point taken.  But u should come in a BH with me and i can garentee u that we will capture a spawn point on the first run. Also how much do you like the ground battles on wake? (i mean on the main land)
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au

YunDog wrote:

oberst_enzian wrote:

hmmm...
...is it still a game?
good response. we'll have to agree to disagree about some of those things, but i respect your opinion, and thanks for taking the time to post it.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6440|Brisbane, Australia

oberst_enzian wrote:

good stuff
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6490|Gogledd Cymru

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

oberst_enzian wrote:

good stuff
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6539|Internetfitlerland

Reminds me, I have something special in the works for the server, will update when other partie(s) have given the go ahead
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6175|Sydney | ♥

oooohhh, tell us all
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6739|The Hague, Netherlands

THREAD CLEANED UP!

warning to the spammers, next step are ze bans
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
TimmmmaaaaH

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

THREAD CLEANED UP!

You realise this was a year + revive?

Stop nazi'ing our AU section
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6739|The Hague, Netherlands

well still, one spam thread (chatters) 1 EU/ 1 AU/ 1 US is enough, no need to make this one a spam thread, it's either this or locking this thread for all time.

1,5 pages of spam in 10 hours.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
TimmmmaaaaH

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

well still, one spam thread (chatters) 1 EU/ 1 AU/ 1 US is enough, no need to make this one a spam thread, it's either this or locking this thread for all time.

1,5 pages of spam in 10 hours.
I'm sorry alphie babe.
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6539|Internetfitlerland

Im not, it was the other Northerners, not us innocent upsidedownians

https://www.marjonsplaza.com/funny%20cat%20Shrek%20puss'n%20boots.jpg
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6323|Orrstrayleea

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

THREAD CLEANED UP!

You wouldnt do it....You're not man enough
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6464|A W S M F O X

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

THREAD CLEANED UP!

ban
~FuzZz~
+422|6323|Orrstrayleea

JET_G raidensen wrote:

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

THREAD CLEANED UP!

ban
Pfft Sif
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6520|Adelaide, South Australia

JET_G raidensen wrote:

ban
Pfft Sif
You. Xfire. NOW.
~FuzZz~
+422|6323|Orrstrayleea

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

JET_G raidensen wrote:

ban
Pfft Sif
You. Xfire. NOW.
Hehehe i just imagined you saying that in a tuff guy voice...
psH
Banned
+217|6385|Sydney

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

JET_G raidensen wrote:

ban
Pfft Sif
You. Xfire. NOW.
what are you going to do to him?

something sexual i hope!
~FuzZz~