+183|6672|A sunburnt country
No problems at all with the patch for me.  Seems fine
Longbow
+163|6646|Odessa, Ukraine
Works fine for me
LightMagic
Banned
+21|6662|Sheerness, UK
got kicked from server because of punkbuster updating after I installed patch, I play Batt 2142 more now so not bothered if I don't play batt 2 anymore.
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6537|Internetfitlerland

What alot of people dont seem to understand is the patch fixes server side crashes, not client crashes.

At least thats the way I interpret it.
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6548|USA bitches!
haven't installed it... don't need to either.
MT_Androo
Banned
+122|6469|The Suburb at Karkand

Nikola Bathory wrote:

Since installing it:
1 crash to desktop
Other that that - no problems at all. So, I like the patch
Yeah i got something like that to, I would join a server and after every 3 to 4 rounds at the start  of a new round
where every1 gets ready to spawn, right when i spawn it crashes to desktop..
IBleedGravy
+3|6391|Richmond

MT_Androo wrote:

The only thing I heard about was it lags and crashed to desktop any other reason explain why..

-Androo
I can't get past the "Connecting to account server" after the login anymore, it just sits there and the 2 that rotates is gone and replaced with a pointer icon..  Has anyone else experienced this issue?  and did it require you to reinstall the game?
alpinestar
+304|6596|New York City baby.
they want you to switch to 2142 thats why they force a shit patch. Fucking EA
Dr_3V|L
+51|6725|Twente, The Netherlands

alpinestar wrote:

they want you to switch to 2142 thats why they force a shit patch. Fucking EA
There absolutely is some truth in that.
Grey Fox
+1|6655|Winnipeg, Manitoba
It is a bad patch because:

- No announcement so its killing my server population since only some people have it

- The weird zoom-in/out issue with scopes is back and worse then before

- Weird lag issues that I didn't have before are now appearing sometimes (characters constantly stuttering around)

- Friendlies-appearing-as-enemies-glitch is back

- It feels like a deliberate attempt to frustrate players out of playing BF2 because there isn't any justification for releasing a patch that fixes some non-existent issue.

Last edited by Grey Fox (2006-11-20 14:20:51)

ckdawn
Smrt Blond Gurl
+5|6657|Oklahoma
Installed yesterday, crashed twice today.  Lagged often on servers I've never had problems with before.  I was better off before installing........oh well.

Last edited by ckdawn (2006-11-20 19:42:47)

cospengle
+140|6487|Armidale, NSW, Australia

san4 wrote:

I see no difference and it's not supposed to be any different. It's just supposed to stop servers from crashing. I think it actually said it was a "rare" server crash bug so it shouldn't even seem very different in terms of servers crashing either.
Yeah. Although I haven't experienced a single server crash since I installed it. I've had one CTD, but that happens every once in a while regardless of what game I'm playing.

Edit: BTW null vote: A few less server crashes doesn't justify the 5 hours it took to download it.

Last edited by cospengle (2006-11-20 21:20:54)

(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6829|Grapevine, TX
Wow, hate to hear all the bad news. Only thing I could complain about is not finding ANY info at official EA Battlefield website. I tried to join the server i admin on late Sunday night and I get the message, that I have an older version. So I go to EA site . Nothing, no news, Nada. Googled it, and find new full patch. Looks like same thing that were included in last 1.4 patch, so I dunno??

I can say I love my new fiber-optic connection! I downloaded the 580+Mb file in under 7 minutes! Loaded it up and all I thought was a difference was scrolling word fonts seemed much brighter, nothing else. No lag, but I always ping 7-9 on the server I play on, with 35-90 fps. So 1.41 didn't seem necessary, but I wasn't bitching about any of the last few patches anyways. Adapt and Overcome. Game On.
MDFSpacePhantom
It is I
+146|6384|San Jose CA.
It's ok but it can be better if it stops crashesing to my desktop .
Pizdets_Velikiy
+8|6403
Ever since updating to 1.41, I am getting MORE server disconnects than I have ever before. Every other round I play I don't get to finish because my connection to the server is lost.

What the smeg is up with this?
MrWeeyums
+3|6399|NY
Anyone else takin a lot longer to "verify client data"?  My new comp used to load maps in half the time of my old one, but since 1.41 its takin almost the same time.
~Ryan
Grey Fox
+1|6655|Winnipeg, Manitoba
Same here and my server seems to intermittently crash ala 1.3 but not as often as 1.3.
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6539|The Lost Highway
Crash to desktop = gay.
ViCT0RI0US
Perfection
+26|6419|Qatar: Where The Players Play
where the heck can i get 1.41, i thought it was just 1.4...
thanks.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6829|Grapevine, TX

ViCT0RI0US wrote:

thanks.
GOOGLE..... bf2 patch 1.41  just a hint
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6412|Michigan, USA

MT_Androo wrote:

Emil_the_Slayer wrote:

i have barely played after downloading it, but i haven't discovered something bad..
What is that  a glitch??
I think I'm experiencing this same "glitch" except I haven't played at all   (blame my re-introduction to Starcraft)
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6590|Reisterstown, MD

ViCT0RI0US wrote:

thanks.
Or simply click here.
s()mtingWong
+48|6693
I read that it helps with the "connection errors".... i still have them.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6541|Winterpeg, Canada
It's on my desktop right now, have yet to double click the .exe file.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard