+9|6837|6,000 ft & falling......weeeee
question is...what is a christian?
Rosse_modest
+76|6775|Antwerp, Flanders

Kobrakai wrote:

Proud To Be An Atheist.
That quote function can be so useful at times
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6765|Cambridge (UK)
I am a non-believer - that is I don't have any beliefs what-so-ever. No that doesn't make me an atheist, nor an agnostic - they both have belief.

I've always found the whole idea of just 'believing' in something (anything) all just a little bit freaky. But as I get older I seem to be coming to realisation that actually I'm the freaky one for having no beliefs...

It's a strange world we live in...
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6709|Sweden
Hail satan!
Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death Death !
Erkut.hv
+124|6734|California

Tyferra wrote:

Question. Why do people think Jesus is white? I mean, the guy lived in a middle-eastern region, so should have some colour in his cheeks right? Yes, people say that "look at Israelites and Palastinians, they're not exactly dark-skinned," but the point is, Jesus is portrayed as white honkey. Really white. I mean, that motherfucker would seriously burn in the sun.

Not meaning to be disrespectiful, but beeng's afrojesus picture just brought that up in my mind.
It's old school crackers.

Answer to the initial qestion: 100%

Christ Jesus was dark skinned and more thn likely had wavy hair. He was a Jew who lived in the desert. It's the old school racist whiteys that have the "biker" Jesus pictures. Don't want a brown skinned man as their savior.

I am whiter than white, and think the pictures are funny. I don't care what color He is, just glad He came through for me.
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6770|Rotherham, England
Nope, never will be and never wanted to be
=SoG=PredatoR
+3|6756|Austin, Texas

Nemesis-SBS- wrote:

question is...what is a christian?
To put it simply, a follower of Christ.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6785

who the fuck keeps deleting my fucking posts on this fucking thread. fuckoff!
Freezer
+4|6707

Erkut.hv wrote:

Christ Jesus was dark skinned and more thn likely had wavy hair.
So you have seen Jesus?

Believe what you want we all aren't getting into heaven anyway from what I was told by my Witness co worker, supposedly its reserved for 144,000 people or 12,000 from the 12 tribes.  The rest of us are SOL. 

Personally I don't know what I am I was baptised catholic but never have been to church in my life, too many hipocrites in there telling you to do this and don't do that when they all get busted picking up hookers and molesting children.  Hell I might lean more towards Wicca than anything else judging by what I think I believe.. 

I do agree that intelligent design is all a bunch of BS I just don't buy that crap no way no how.. 

Darwin is right!  Science will set you free!!   :0
Erkut.hv
+124|6734|California

Freezer wrote:

So you have seen Jesus?

I do agree that intelligent design is all a bunch of BS I just don't buy that crap no way no how.. 

Yes, because the odds of everything in this universe magically coming together, and organic matter springing from inorganic matter happens all the time.

As far as the appearance of Christ, I am going strictly from what people from that era looked like. I'd say if you were African, with two African parents, odds are you'd be a tad dark, no? Plus, have you ever seen a pale carpenter?

As far as who is right, and who is wrong.... we'll see who's right in the end. I'm not trying to convert anyone, just giving my 2 pesos.
Freezer
+4|6707

Erkut.hv wrote:

Freezer wrote:

So you have seen Jesus?

Yes, because the odds of everything in this universe magically coming together, and organic matter springing from inorganic matter happens all the time.

As far as the appearance of Christ, I am going strictly from what people from that era looked like. I'd say if you were African, with two African parents, odds are you'd be a tad dark, no? Plus, have you ever seen a pale carpenter?

As far as who is right, and who is wrong.... we'll see who's right in the end. I'm not trying to convert anyone, just giving my 2 pesos.
I was being sarcastic about the whole "Seen Jesus" thing.  I hope you were about that intelligent design thing.  Even if you weren't I still don't buy it    All the carpenters I have seen here are of mexican decent so no I have not seen a pale carpenter and even white guys turn dark brown in the sun ..so you are probably right.
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6727|Germany

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Proud to be a Christian.
Could be my post.
AirForce2076
+1|6740|MN
Yes, I am. All I can say is faith is NOT an easy task. We'll see in the end. Hope you don't go a fryin'.

BTW your poll does not make any sense please fix it.

Last edited by AirForce2076 (2005-12-21 15:20:23)

MostHigh
+4|6733|Virgina, USA
I am....praise God.

Believing in the "big bang" THEORY is like believing that you could take apart the V8 in your chevy, toss all of the parts up in the air and they would come down reassembled as a big ole V8.  To me it takes more faith to belive in the "big bang" THEORY than it does to believe in Intelligent Design or more appropriately, Creation.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6847|-

MostHigh wrote:

I am....praise God.

Believing in the "big bang" THEORY is like believing that you could take apart the V8 in your chevy, toss all of the parts up in the air and they would come down reassembled as a big ole V8.  To me it takes more faith to belive in the "big bang" THEORY than it does to believe in Intelligent Design or more appropriately, Creation.
You could say the same thing about intelligent design. It's a leap of faith. Both are theory's that are not proven.
-=1stInF.|Slappey
+3|6753

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

MostHigh wrote:

I am....praise God.

You could say the same thing about intelligent design. It's a leap of faith. Both are theory's that are not proven.
agreed.

As for the original question. Yes, i am catholic.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6836
Jesus was not african He was a Semite, That is a person from the coastal Med area, Mostly arab. Anti Semite does not mean Anti Jew. Just the Jews who lived in the Area ( very few ) If you see pictures of Typical Israelies They dont look like Semite ( like Arabs ) becuase they are from Northen Europe ( Hence all the Wars ) Jesus probebly would have look aribic.

I was a simple question the guy asked. a yes or no would have sufficed.
madark
+0|6702

Sh1fty2k5 wrote:

Hail satan!
I`ll take that as a "i am christian" on the poll.

WhiteStain wrote:

Hell no I don't believe any thing the damn bible says. It's all lies, conspiracies and bullshit.
Organized religion sucks. The only thing you need to believe in is yourself, and not rely on some shit a bunch of ass clowns made up.
There`s no way i can prove that the bible is true, and no way you can prove otherwise.

Freezer wrote:

Believe what you want we all aren't getting into heaven anyway from what I was told by my Witness co worker, supposedly its reserved for 144,000 people or 12,000 from the 12 tribes.  The rest of us are SOL.
I`ve heard that one before as well.. Those 144,000 ppl are the jews if I remember right.. (I think it`s bullshit made up by the jews) :p

to the original question, I`m a christian
-=Meshekal=-
+2|6741|United Kingdom
Organised religion, in my opinion, is a bloody load of old taff.

I have beliefs. Probably ones that are considered odd and strange. But most of what I believe comes from the old Druids of England before the Romans came. I could be considered a Pagan, but a little different still.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6750|Chicago.
Devout Roman Catholic.
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6805|Orlando, FL - Age 43

-=Meshekal=- wrote:

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh ?
That IS amazing.

I have a couple questions for you unbelievers out there........

1. I am a believer, if I am wrong, what have I lost?
2. If you who do not believe are wrong.....what have you lost?
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6847|-

Darth_Fleder wrote:

1. I am a believer, if I am wrong, what have I lost?
2. If you who do not believe are wrong.....what have you lost?
Nothing and... nothing?
-(F^S)-Fatty
+3|6724
Proud to be Christian(I got JEsus on my side in Bf2 thats why im so good).
;-)
-_{MoW}_-Assasin
+13|6727|Australia
im undecided whether i belive in a god or not, but im not christian, my gf is tho (Hi GallaZ!!)
She is trying to convince me that its good
tonitsen
+0|6707|Finland

madark wrote:

I`ve heard that one before as well.. Those 144,000 ppl are the jews if I remember right.. (I think it`s bullshit made up by the jews) :p
to the original question, I`m a christian
If my memory works, theres something said in the Apocalypse about those 144,000 jews having "countles sea of ppl from all nations and languages"(or something like that, cant remember exactly) with them...

and yes, i'm also christian

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard