[FIS]-Thor
+0|6740|Vienna- Austria
first i started loughing at the word iraqi airforce... THIS IS NOT DC... they are a coalition of multible arab states called MEC. thats why they got russian jets.

and for sharpshooter.. im all with u... dont get the point when teh m-4 has lower damage as the m16

also like the idea when being hit that u cant run anymore...
Aegis
Sailor with no BF2 Navy
+19|6742|I'm worldwide, beotch

[OBC]Ben wrote:

Once again, its not a 50m KILL radius, just damage.
Totally unrealistic. You arent going to feel much other than a shockwave and a tiny bit of heat at 50 meters. If you're really unlucky, you'll get hit my shrapnel that won't have a ton of kick behind it anymore. This isn't to say you would never get hit.. but in the rare event you did get pinged at 50m, you'd have to get hit in an unarmored area to get hurt.

[FIS]-Thor wrote:

first i started loughing at the word iraqi airforce... THIS IS NOT DC... they are a coalition of multible arab states called MEC. thats why they got russian jets.
That didn't explain anything. Essentially he is correct - the MEC is composed of several Arab States, one of which would most likely be Iraq. Since virtually all of the middle eastern countries use the same ol' crappy Russian hardware, then yes, I think he has a point, naming conventions aside.

[FIS]-Thor wrote:

and for sharpshooter.. im all with u... dont get the point when teh m-4 has lower damage as the m16
While the M4 and M16 fire the same rounds, there is a major difference between the two.
The M16 has more damage for one reason - it has a longer barrel. The longer the barrel you have, the more velocity you get (to a point).

Longer barrel also = more accuracy (to a point).

Since we all learned in high school physics that Energy = (Mass * Velocity^2)/2, then a bullet with X mass and Y velocity would have more energy than another bullet of the same mass with a lesser velocity. More energy the bullet has, the more energy your body tissue receives when it slams into you.

Last edited by Aegis (2005-11-11 07:39:46)

shortah
Oh did you want that tank?
+0|6769|Mechanicsville, VA

beeng wrote:

Danger -blast- radius for your standard hand grenade is about 300 meters.  you're pretty much guaranteed to get something in the face if you're standing up to 50 meters from it... and you definitely are going to loose something within 15 m.

hand grenades are a hell of a lot more dangerous than they portrait them... but who cares? its a game and I like to watch people fly when I toss them one of my love-grenades
beeng are you like the most retarded person on the planet? I hope not, cause 300 meters = about 600 feet which is not even CLOSE to the blast radius of a real grenade, I would say the blast radius of a real grenade would be about 2-4 meters or 6-10 feet, to be lethal, and maybe max 10-15 meters or 20-30 feet for damage. the mroe grenades you throw.. the bigger the explosion..

Last edited by shortah (2005-11-11 08:03:18)

*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6803|The planet Tophet
i agree on the ejector seats and also some doors should be open at the spawn poits
Aegis
Sailor with no BF2 Navy

shortah wrote:

beeng wrote:

Danger -blast- radius for your standard hand grenade is about 300 meters.  you're pretty much guaranteed to get something in the face if you're standing up to 50 meters from it... and you definitely are going to loose something within 15 m.

hand grenades are a hell of a lot more dangerous than they portrait them... but who cares? its a game and I like to watch people fly when I toss them one of my love-grenades
beeng are you like the most retarded person on the planet? I hope not, cause 300 meters = about 600 feet which is not even CLOSE to the blast radius of a real grenade, I would say the blast radius of a real grenade would be about 2-4 meters or 6-10 feet, to be lethal, and maybe max 10-15 meters or 20-30 feet for damage. the mroe grenades you throw.. the bigger the explosion..
Thanks for not reading the thread and repeating what like 3 people have already said...
[OBC]Ben
Hotel California
+0|6790|Oakland, CA
Lol
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6778|Alabama Coast, USA
Erm... it's a game... it needs to be fun, and somewhat balanced.

If you're not wearing body armor, and I shoot you a little left of center in the chest with a 9mm round from a Beretta 92FS, you're going down, and not ever getting up.  If I miss the heart by a bit, and a medic comes along, maybe you'll be ok... in several weeks, certainly not instantly.  Shock paddles re-start the heart... they don't magically heal bullet wounds.

As for sniper rifles... they are not too powerful to be realistic...  the M24 fires basically a Winchester .308.  I had a .308, and have killed things with it...  I'm pretty sure if I had aimed it at a human being, and hit them in the center of mass, they'd be down, if not out.  Sniper rifles in game are weaker than real... it's just that everything else is even less effective than IRL.  Again... "balance".  If sniper rifles were adjusted down the same as everything else (necessary to prevent 15 seconds of fighting always equalling 15 seconds staring at the screen), no one would use the kit, as you'd have so few kills, you may as well snipe with assault rifles, carbines, etc, that have decent rates of fire (unless you're MEC or PLA).

MEC aircraft: seriously, if you gave them the hardware that average mid-east countries currently posess with no balancing, MEC would never win...  nor would the Chinese for that matter.  And yeah... all countries in the mid-East pretty much fly Russian, American, or European aircraft.  F-16's have been sold or leased to Israel, Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway, Egypt, South Korea, Pakistan, Venesuela, Turkey, Greece, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Bahrain, Portugal, Taiwan, Jordan, the UAE, Italy, Chile, and Poland, among others.  I know the Saudis have F-15's, E-3's and C-130's, and Iran has F-14's.

As for getting in and out of vehicles...  c'mon, aside from the added overhead of having animations for climbing ladders, closing hatches, etc, etc...  it's just more time on eye-candy, less time playing.  So...  we're going to spend the first half of the round getting in, strapping in, starting, taxiing, etc. and F-15?  Lovely... step 1 of a commander: wait 3 minutes, and artie the enemy runway... they'll never have air assets... ever.  What else you want?  How about if you're being chased real close by an enemy jet, you can use the pilot relief tube to muck up their cockpit canopy.

Now for some of my gripes...

A) The USS Essex is NOT an aircraft carrier... they need to change the text.

B) The US transport hilo is NOT a Black Hawk...  it's a Sea Hawk (even though the tail gear is farther forward on a Sea Hawk... the Navy can't use, and does not buy Black Hawks).

C) Why use a Navy hilo anyhow?  What's wrong with a USMC Huey...  which they are still revising and building (the Navy has a new Huey variant which won't begin delivery until '07), and has more than enough room for the 6 people they want in that craft anyhow.

D) Why spend the resources to model the F-15E...  an Air Force bird?  Just use F-35's for ALL USMC fighter spawns, and F/A-18F's (two-seat Super Hornet) for the fighter-bomber role.  Unlike the F-15, F-18's were built with ground attack in mind (one of the motto's of the original F-15 developers was "not a pound for ground"... well, they were wrong, lol).  Had they kept the previous two in mind, all equipment would be real USMC equipment (except the Essex... which is designed to carry and land Marines...  it's not that big a deal that you'd only have sailors manning the AA equipment).

E?) I'm not completely sure of this... I'm sure a Marine who reads here can elaborate... but I don't think the USMC has medics...  I think they're all Navy HM's who go into combat with Marines.  (The HM rate stands for Hospital Corpsman).  Oh... and this is not something that ought to be fixed, or should have been different... just pointing out something that may be interesting to a few.

Last edited by Lazarus Tag'lim (2005-11-12 16:39:00)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

I'm pretty sure people would start getting really pissed off about the, "Open it up before you climb in" idea. If you are marooned in an enemy base, you spy an APC, run to climb in, bullets flying, you don't want to be held up. You do, as you said, want to "melt yourself through the shell."
Also the bullet in leg thing - although it is good realism, and I'm aware that they do it in other games, it would get annoying. It also takes away the thrill of bringing someone down in one shot with a headshot.  You may as well make someone bleed to death if they're shot in an artery, now THAT would be realistic.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Duramen1
+0|6748|wa,usa
about realism and gameing

1. It doesn't work. especially in multiplayer FPS.

2. if you really want true realism in a game go play one. they are out there but you don't play them cause they suck.

3. Think about it for just one second. a shot from any sniper rifle or any of the large caliber rifles should be a one shot kill unless its in an arm or leg and oh how pissed you would be if u died everytime you moved cause a sniper takes you out in one shot every 2 seconds.

4. flying realistic in a game um sure but you would need about 200 hours to comfortably be able to start the plane and take off.

5. if we're gonna go realistic then you get one death per game. now how do you like those maybe 3 points a game you will be getting. and thats only if you can get close to a flag (the pilot that has 1000 flying hours WILL get your first.)

6. REAL? GO JOIN THE MILITARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. all true realistic games fail becuse they loose all sence of fun after about 5 min when you realize your always dead.

Last edited by Duramen1 (2005-11-12 17:20:24)

georgysb
+0|6738
And also i do doubt that any chopper can stand a direct tank cannon shot=)

And it would be more realistic if shooted airplane or chopper not always to blow up but sometimes just get the engine stopped and start to fall for example when its health bar reach some critical level or smth... coz in real life in the most cases pilots of shooted down planes have enough time to eject.
Surely it would decrease the number of air kills.. but as for me i can live without it=) The fact that annoying foe chopper or plane is shooted down is enough for me. By the way, they should then give points not only for air kill but also for just shooting an air-vehicle down.
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6740|Vienna- Austria
u think an barret is less accurate on 200 m than a g36c carbine. O.o ..
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6740|Vienna- Austria

Lazarus Tag'lim wrote:

lol??? O.o then PLEASE take a look at that
http://www.essex.navy.mil/
http://images.google.at/images?hl=de&am … amp;tab=wi

so what is it now?? O.o when its not an aircraft carrier? well but in real it almost looks like an aircraft carrier O.o strange
Aegis
Sailor with no BF2 Navy

[FIS]-Thor wrote:

Lazarus Tag'lim wrote:

so what is it now?? O.o when its not an aircraft carrier? well but in real it almost looks like an aircraft carrier O.o strange
Research is a virtue - kudos, Thor.

Lazarus Tag'lim wrote:

Why use a Navy hilo anyhow?  What's wrong with a USMC Huey...  which they are still revising and building (the Navy has a new Huey variant which won't begin delivery until '07), and has more than enough room for the 6 people they want in that craft anyhow.
Hueys suck. (by today's standards)
Range of less than 200nm and max airspeed in the low hundred-something range, depending where you look.
Seahawk rocks.
Range of about 700nm, max airseed of about 180 kts. It's what all the services are using... why put an inferior helo in the game (like the Chinese/MEC)

Lazarus Tag'lim wrote:

Why spend the resources to model the F-15E...  an Air Force bird?  Just use F-35's for ALL USMC fighter spawns, and F/A-18F's (two-seat Super Hornet) for the fighter-bomber role...
Well having a relatively small F/A-18F to the MEC and China's huge bodied Sukhois would be hardly fair for the dogfighters, don't you think? Since money isn't our concern (go play an RTS for that), who cares about resources and unit cost. The object here is realistic BALANCE, and the F-15E is more conducive to that.

If you wanna talk about balance, we can get back on the American/MEC/China chopper spiel again...

Lazarus Tag'lim wrote:

I'm not completely sure of this... I'm sure a Marine who reads here can elaborate... but I don't think the USMC has medics...  I think they're all Navy HM's who go into combat with Marines.  (The HM rate stands for Hospital Corpsman).  Oh... and this is not something that ought to be fixed, or should have been different... just pointing out something that may be interesting to a few.
Good catch. Not sure what the difference in-game would be though, since HM's attached to Marine units wear Marine uniforms also.

Last edited by Aegis (2005-11-14 08:37:26)

IlIlIlIlIl
make it funny plz
+3|6746|Netherlands
yeah how a about the m95 thats a f*cking .50cal. and that means instant death when you you some one in the chest or head
ChiefCrash
Spawns in front of rockets and bullets
+4|6740

[FIS]-Thor wrote:

Lazarus Tag'lim wrote:

the USS Essex (LHD-2) is NOT an aircraft carrier.  Easiest way to tell off the bat, look at its ship classification symbol: LHD.  LHD stands for Amphibious Assault Ship (multi-purpose).  An aircraft carrier would be denoted by "CV" or "CVN".

There have been ships named "Essex" in the past that HAVE been aircraft carriers, however the ship used in the game is the LHD-2. 

Of course, the fact that aircraft carriers don't have a docking bay under the fantail is also kind of a hint...

or the lack of arresting cables...

or catapults...

OR THE FACT THAT IT'S WAY TOO SMALL.

Amphibious Assault ships are used to launch RIBs, AmTracs (APCs), hover craft, choppers, and V/STOL aircraft.  it's too short and almost too narrow to accomidate other aircraft.

And Lazarus, you are correct.  the USMC does not use "medics" but rather Navy Corpsman.  The corpsman are entitled to wear Marine Corps utility and service green uniforms.  they don't wear the eagle, globe, and anchor but most marines consider their corpsman a "honorary" marine.

Last edited by ChiefCrash (2005-12-27 14:20:30)

Sud
+0|6745
If it's a seagoing vessel that can facilitate the landing, resupplying, and taxiing of aircraft, it's an aircraft carrier. Just because it has other traits or that's not its primary focus doesn't nullify the classification.

Just because a pistol and submachinegun are very different doesn't mean that they're not both guns.
lord_tyler_486
+54|6749|Upper Franconia

[OBC]Ben wrote:

Sniper:

If you hit someone in the leg in real life with a sniper, they'll most likely fall down, in BF2 i'd like to see them at least be limping off and slowly as well as lose the ability to sprint and jump, because if you have a bullet in your knee cap, you most likely wont be sprinting and bunny hoppin around. Same thing goes for the chest or arm.

==

Pressing E while ending a sentence in a chopper or Jet:

Ive had this mistake so many times its so annoying, for example: could you take me to the main base PleasE? You get ejected out once you hit enter. At least i do.
I think many aspects in the game are that unrealistic simply because EA wants to have a game that isn't that realistic, but simply makes fun.

The two things listed above:
I think the following would be a good improvement, for realism and gameplay. If you shoot someone, the dude u hit should not be able to sprint and jump for a few seconds anymore. If the health bar drops below the 'red area' he should'nt be able to do this at all.

And also, I hate the thing with E. There is a latency problem causing this I think. Should be fixed.
TC><Injecter
+4|6825|Berlin, Germany
When you get ejected while typing something with E as the last letter then it is because (now comes the important part so look out!): when your pressing enter, your other finger (or other hand) is still on the e for a millisec or somthing so the enter message is gone already, your theoretically not in chat anymore but still (kinda) pressing e! so you get ejected....

edit: some crappy mistakes xD

Last edited by TC><Injecter (2005-12-22 14:30:28)

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6711|Purplicious Wisconsin
First off helicoptors don't have ejection seats even though countries tryed, but they failed to make it work
and also they have ladders for you to climb up a building and they do have stairs too.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
ChiefCrash
+4|6740

Sud wrote:

If it's a seagoing vessel that can facilitate the landing, resupplying, and taxiing of aircraft, it's an aircraft carrier. Just because it has other traits or that's not its primary focus doesn't nullify the classification.

Just because a pistol and submachinegun are very different doesn't mean that they're not both guns.
correct.  a pistol and a submachinegun are both called guns.  just like a hammer and a hatchet are both called tools.  But just because you can use the back of a hatchet like a hammer, doesn't mean you call a hatchet a hammer, does it?

An aircraft carrier and amphibious assault ship are both ships.  they both float on the water, they both have sailors and marines on it, and in this case, can both launch aircraft.  But only one is designated an "aircraft carrier" by the United States Navy.

Battleships were once outfitted to launch small propeller driven seaplanes from mechanical catapults on their sterns.  The planes would scout ahead, and provide fire support for the naval guns.  They'd then land next to the ship, get hoisted back aboard, refueled, and await their next mission.  Now, would you call the USS Missouri an "Aircraft Carrier"?

Navy Spruance class destroyers have a helicopter landing pad on the stern of thier ships, and can hold 2 SH-60B Seahawks.  Are you going to call those "Aircraft Carriers" too?

if some guy floating around in a row boat throws a paper airplane, are you gonna call that an "Aircraft Carrier" too?

So, in summary:  just because an Amphibious Assault Ship can launch, recover, and maintain aircraft does NOT make it an aircraft carrier.  And just because you can speak, does NOT make you any less of an idiot.

Last edited by ChiefCrash (2005-12-27 14:25:32)

ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6738|In your head
You have no idea how long 50meters is do you? It is half a football field. You would barely if at all get hit by shrapnel. the kill radius on a REAL grenade is about 15-15meters. The rest is woundage or stuned. So before you complain go look up the stats. And my god man how stupid are you? The middle eastern people use weapons from all over the world! They use Russian and Chinese mad AK's as well as aircraft and ground vehicles.
ChiefCrash
+4|6740
one thing i think we all missed is the M-24 is a US ARMY rifle.  The USMC uses the M-40...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard