TSal2111
+1|6739
Well.. at my age.. (under 30) but well involved in a professional career.. gaming has taken on a new meaning because now I can upgrade at will to keep up with the times.. whereas before.. when I was a broke college student, a stick of ram here and a stick of ram there was all I coud do.

Age is irrelevant online..  just my opinion
Azygos666
+0|6700
I can sum up my response and feelings into two words...Stress Releaver!!!!!!!!!  I dont care how old you are video games are always acceptable, I think its just to what level you play.  Like an hour here and there is fine, playing like you did when you where 10 where you lived behind your screen and your mom would have to hide the controllers to get you to go outside....that belongs with being a kid.  Now here is the best example I have from personal experience that video games are the greatest stress releaver.  Yes I am actually military and yes I got to spend a lovely 393 days straight in that fucking sand box now as the middle east during the beginning of this lovely war.   For any of you that followed it up or where there, you know during the first months of the war almost 90% of your time was in MOPP 4, (and for those who are not sure what that is that is a nice charcoal suit, rubber boots, big as rubber gloves, and a gas mask (protective mask for all you military)).  To pass the time a bunch of us got into the habit of player CounterStrike...well this continued even after the war kicked off.  But when you spend like 3 hours straight in MOPP 4 you have to do something not to go nuts, so we came up with the idea of making a keyset just for MOPP 4, like to go forward was keys E,R,D...so you could fingerfudge with those gloves and still move.  Go goverment dollars at work, but it kept us sorta sane..(though if you are at war, in a gas mask, playing a game with a guy in war and have him wearing his gas mask too just so you werent the only one....ok how about 30% sane?).

-Wolf
[iLL]h8+
+26|6708|Florida
Despite all of Sgt.Gene's incessant banter, you could pull one idea out from all of it. He feels as though he is consistently receiving condescend (spelled correctly for you) from those in the specified age group. Here is a prime example of a reason for his raging (one of which displays an equal amount of idiocy as Sgt.Gene).

[iLL]h8+ wrote:
This kid has ragin hormones.  He must get bullied at school.  Maybe you should take your own advice, the time you spend playing this game and go hit the gym.  I would probably pee on you if I knew you in real life.  The worse part is you would probably enjoy it you turd.

Go flush yourself in the gym toilet and save me the time and effort.  I am busy pwn'n biatches like yourself.

Kniero,

All I can say is STFU.  I wasn’t talking to you and I am not the one who hops on this forum and flaming older gamers.  I never ever talk crap to anyone while playing this game.  But when some pre-pubescent smacktard comes in here and starts up some useless thread like that he needs a verbal smack around.

I served USMC and did things I did not want to do, but I will tell you this much, I showed respect.  I did not talk until spoken to.  I am very aggressive in real life, but I was trained that way.  The only outlet I have now to really get some action is on these games.  I go play paintball sometimes, but people bitch when I shoot them point blank in the back of the head.  Hell, I played football, basketball, and soccer in college.  But, none of that is like shooting someone in a game.  I just like it.

I have qualified at least 38/40 on every weapon I have shot.  I love this shit.  I would do it all over again and if I was this gerbils classmates I would have him enlist with me or go to school and commission and then have him talk his jibber jabber.

He wanted to spark flames and I was directing back to him.  If there is any type of issue with that, you are more than welcome to come meet me on the battlefield.  Either one of you.  Put up or shut up.

Hell, my rucksack and my rifle weighed as much as this kid and I can go run 5 miles with that before you even get up for school.  Let him defend his own ignorant statements and I will defend mine.
A=10
+-2|6778|U.K DURHAM
33 here i think if ya in the house all day and night at under 19 then you need a life. now i have kids so i dont get out on the town as much. thats why i have time to play plus i just love bf2. ffs at 19 i never thought about playing games just getting off with any lass i could.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6719|Debris From Space
My sister plays this game sometimes on my computer, she blew herself up with C4, but i suppose it's a start. She's 2 by the way.

Last edited by idiotofwar (2005-12-21 15:23:07)

Home
Section.80
+447|6839|Seattle, Washington, USA

That whole statement is just stupid.

If you're over 19 and play video games you don't have a life!

So if someone that's 20 plays, they are too old and don't have a life?

A lot of the people on this website are over 19. Heck, the guy who made this website is over 19.

Edit: Oh, and Sgt. Gene, if you think over 19 is too old to play, you must stop playing ALL games at exactly your 19th birthday. Will you do that? I doubt it.

Last edited by Homeschtar (2005-12-21 17:53:34)

CRUSHER
+-1|6706
I'm 24 and you know what? ..I didn't have to look at the rating before buying. Muah hahahaha!
starman7
+15|6716
Look here.  I don't care what age you are, playing video games is OK so long as you can spare the time and money for it.  If you're working 2 jobs, have debts to pay off, and are living in a cruddy apartment, start focusing on your life, not on gaming.  However, if you do have plenty of time and money to spare, go ahead and start shooting.  Oh, and DONT take only one class in college so that you can play WoW 24/7.  I hope the person (not related to me) who does that finds this post
Speelbal
+146|6744|Netherlands
Just read the topic, mainly the starting pages. Is that Sgt. Gene for real?
0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6758|Arizona
That Sgt. Gene kid ain't posted in a while guys...let the threat die.   
kn0ckahh
+98|6730|netherlands, sweet lake city
well if im 80 im gonna   game  like hell i mean   when im retired i probably gonna  bore myself  to dead  so why not game
bgthigfist
+0|6797

Sgt.Gene wrote:

seriously people who are over 19 and play excessivley are just losers who have no life. for real think about you are 20 years old and sitting in your parents basement playing bf2 with your favorite white dockers shirt and a pocket protector on and a dream of being #1 in bf2. i would like to make this statment VIDEO GAMES ARE FOR KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! and dont hand me that esrb rating bullshit companies make games violent to specifically target the youth. there could be better things u could be doing like going to parties maybe meeting girls if u losers arent to fucking too shy to even look. my opinion but i lugh at people over 19 playing video games because it is in fact true they have no lives if you are an adult u can basically do what ever u want but u choose to play video games and make fun of people that are younger than u and talk about how u have an uber l337 gaming machin and that u can pwn any little noob that comes around. for real get a life its time to pull your heads out of your asses take a nice breath of air and go kill your self.
Dude, I own the basement (and the rest of the house).  I've HAD more chicks than you have had wet dreams.  I've worked more jobs, worked my way through college and graduate school, built my own computer, and have a career (not bagging groceries like you probably do, if you even work).  I've partied harder and longer, sowed my wild oats, and am raising my children responsibly.  Your sense of what people should be doing at specific ages is skewed by your lack of experience.  Stop popping zits in the mirror, get off of your soapbox, turn off your computer, and go out and LIVE yourself.  I have news for you, kid.  Your game score means NOTHING.  It's just ENTERTAINMENT.  It's the same as watching TV or reading a book.  Go finish your homework.  Hope you pass.  If you put half as much effort into your studies as you do into making an ASS out of yourself in the forums, maybe you'll get somewhere in life.  Also, if you behave 'in the real world' the way you behave in here, you are in for a lot of ass-kickings in the future.  Good luck growing up.  Why don't you save your posts and go back and look at them in 20 years.  Maybe then you will realize what an annoying little shit you are being.

Merry Christmas.  Maybe Mommy will be getting you a Dell.....
Falcon034
+0|6693|Australia
I am 38 and love playing BF2. I also love playing it with my two boys and one of them is better than me. I lost my job a year ago, so I went to colledge to retrain to get another job. Playing BF2 is a great way to relax after doing assignments and studying for tests. Anyone can play if they want to, so shut up about over 19 people, get a life and just play for fun.

Last edited by Falcon034 (2005-12-22 08:46:00)

[iLL]h8+
+26|6708|Florida
Thread is DEAD.  He bailed and the kid who started the thread.  Happy Holidays EVERYONE!!!!
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6829|Finland
Uh the game is supposed to be allowed to only people 15+ Theres like only 4 years of gaming before you "ruin your life" if you still game. So assuming your atleast 15 years old (50% sure...) you have about 4 years of time to game and after that you need to get a life. But what if....when you turn 19 and still want to game, do you ruin your life? Assume yourself....asshat....
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6719|Debris From Space
Yeah ok, I am 16 and I have no problem with people over 19 playing this game. That's what makes it interesting, to play against many skilled people of all ages. My dad plays this game against me (ok not much, he plays X3:The Reunion instead) sometimes and he's about 32-33 i think.
wayneakagod
+17|6739
I'm 16 and much prefer when I'm in a squad with people over 19. They just seem to play better (teamwork, use mics etc.) and I will definately be playing games when I'm 19 and beyond.
Sud
+0|6739
Although I think anyone over 80 who still plays needs to get a life...
Hey numbnuts, my 70 something year old grandfather plays Duke Nukem Manhattan project. I actually got him playing Dungeon Seige at one point too, he did fairly well once I taught him how to drink potions.
-=Meshekal=-
+2|6734|United Kingdom
pff...life...yeah. Like that's gunna do me any good...

*cough*
Speelbal
+146|6744|Netherlands
HAhaha good one. Who needs a life right?
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6829
When I was your age I could do any chick "BARE BACK".
anything I got could be cured with one shot of penicilian.

Wait some kids are playing ball in front of my house.

Horseman ........." Hey you kids! get away from there! "

Kids ................. " Fuck you you old fuckin fart "
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6761|Human Meat Shield
This is exactly what my wife says... even when I am not playing, building, working, visiting and doing weekly crap I hate doing.  But I do agree, I play alot, but it relieves the tension and better on the pocket.
ifixphns2
+3|6707|Evanston, WY
BS to topic says I! I'm 34, a home owner, married, a working professional, and contributing member of society.  My dad is 54 and plays too, though I cannot vouch for his societal contributions (420* )
gandlers
+4|6693
Don't let the thread die!
I'm 31 and play BF, I have no life, I cease to exist between rounds on BF....pfhhhh.

This thread has to remain as an epitaph to the stupidity of youth.

Sure as teenages we all thought we knew it all which you all didn't, (I on the other hand always have and always will know everything).......it takes bigger balls to admit you are wrong when you are. There are somethings that only experience can teach you. Respect and disipline seem to be a thing of the past or maybe im just getting too old.....
C'mon Sgt.Gene where are you, your sorely missed, it's great to be reminded why kids arent allowd to vote and hold positions of responsibility. You're another reason for corporal punisment to be brought back into schools (in the UK its banned for years now, not sure about US) Maybe us oldies should start a thread about the "youth of today and how things were better when we were kids because......."
soldier4john316
+0|6694|San Diego, Ca.

Barnyard wrote:

Um lets see. 29 ME Engineering Degree, wife, kid and one one the way, make 60k+ a year, own my house and 2 cars. Only have a 1200 gaming rig.   

To me that sounds like a good life.

Um lets see game are design for us "losers" but you can talk to the marketers who are trying to get a piece of the 20 million 18 to 34 year old gamers.
Barnyard - I am in the same exact boat as you.  You said it perfect.

Sgt. Gene - I am sorry you are so angry...maybe you are the one that needs to get a life and not worry about us 19+ gamers. 
Don't waste space in these forums

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard