Sk
stat padding is for girls
+41|6359
c'mon guys... be at least a little fair.

Our server hit the max players earlier this evening after the 1.41 patch, so there has to be a massive amount of people who are NOT having problems after this patch.

I'm no EA lover, but I've read three posts stating they've had problems.. yet there's five PAGES of replies...

(and who's to say the problems they're having ARE the patch? - I was having the sticky spawn screen BEFORE 1.41 every once in a while!)

and so what if the patch is 500mb? really....
EA have said that an incremental is on it's way, but because of an issue in post testing, they have to delay it so they can fix it.

No offense, but you can't have it both ways. You complain that they don't release decent patches and you complain when they hold back one release type of a patch because it isn't decent enough....

Also, don't forget that the people who host your ranked servers are the ones responsible for applying the new patch to the servers. THEY are the ones who should let you know it's coming.
THEY are the ones who should agree on a time / date for the patch to be installed | let you schedule a time / date to install it.... not EA...

Like I say... I HATE EA... but fair's fair...
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

well, I guess I'll just play 2142 until they get an incremental version of the 1.41 patch out.

There is no way I am downloading 536 mb to fix something I didn't have problems with in the first place.

Apart from that, I'll follow my usual rule: "Never patch on the first day".....
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Downloading now via EA downloader...another 2:30 hours to go. No problem since im off work Ill as it is.
But ill check out the game on 1.4 prior to installing 1.41 to see if all my fav SF servers have updated.

The fact that its 536MB to fix a server side crashing issue really is quite a minor update. Yes, its nice to stop that 5% of servers that do crash....but is a 536mb patch for one fix really justified?
They never told us of any official release date, in fact, they never even mentioned that they were working on a 1.41 patch on the BF2 website...only on the 2142 website. So us BF2 players wouldnt have known the slightest difference whether or not the patch had been delayed.
Even still, I prefer to download the full patches since incrementals always give people problems and this topic would be twice the size with people complaining that it doesnt work...
Full patches always work, incrementals have always posed problems without fail. If they had released an Incremental, then you would most likely see more people whining like little schoolgirls and then download the full patch afterwards claiming that it's EA's fault.

Half of the problem is that there have been a few threads on these forums asking what people want in the next 1.41 patch....and so people get high expectations (and rightly so with a game such as BF2).
I have to agree that they should have looked at other bug fixes and tweaks too, but at the end of the day, at least they are showing that they still have a commitment towards BF2 and havent just abandoned it like everyone thought they would with the release of 2142.
Delphy
+45|6555|Bristol, UK
I'm not downloading a 500 meg patch just for one stupid little bug fix. Although I may have to if my fav servers are running 1.41...
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6507|Search Whore killing fields
Meh, when my fav. server switches, I will, tell then, Na na na na boo boo
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6651|S.E. United States
very good post snake,well said...
Im still going to hold off untill I get off of work,check back here on feedback,then install.
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6529|The real world
1 fix, 500 mb

noobs
PvtStPoK
paintball > bf2
+48|6484|montreal, quebec

i must say, 536Mb to fix one thing is quite annoying. they should have delayed it and make an incremental.

God I love EA
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6493|the Netherlands
thanks liquidat0r

p.s. will it update my stats too ??
Missing :https://static.bf2s.com/game-images/awards/ubar/1190601_3.png

20 heals IAR >>> D'oh !

Last edited by Tjasso (2006-11-17 06:07:23)

e[V]o|ut|on
+2|6364
seriously i usually play on asia servers but the servers that i usually play on have not updated their servers to 1.41 yet...and seriously that kinda change log is really looking very suspicious to me...and also i've juz gone to EA's website...no 1.41 updates on their websites...and i dont really think u can say that EA is slow and haven updated their website...after all they're reputable in the gaming industry so why would they choose not to update their website??pardon me for saying this but i seriously think this update we're debating here abt is all juz a scam...
I{endo
+20|6387|berlin

Trixano-taa- wrote:

its on EA Downloader btw, if any of yall have it. its going almost 1mb/s
FirePhoenix
+18|6609|hamilton, scotland
An extremely funny thing happened to me today. The l85a1 now has more random deviation than ever. I was prone and scoped in and saw the enemies full body yet it kept on hitting the bottom of the crane next to me. The guy was about 8 feet away and the bottom of the crane about 1 foot to my left lmao!
Pleiam
+5|6605
I won't buy 2142 till a patch is released for BF2 that allows a user to manipulate the modulation of in game characer sounds without altering the environment sounds.

There is nothing worse than hearing "i need a medic" 40 times when your trying to hear the footsteps of an enemy nearby.

Last edited by Pleiam (2006-11-17 17:56:12)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

FirePhoenix wrote:

An extremely funny thing happened to me today. The l85a1 now has more random deviation than ever. I was prone and scoped in and saw the enemies full body yet it kept on hitting the bottom of the crane next to me. The guy was about 8 feet away and the bottom of the crane about 1 foot to my left lmao!
Funny, they mentioned no modification of the weapon and it still kicked major ass for me today with no change to my gameplay. On Gator, mostly cqc and those long range zoomed shots. Didnt notice any difference. And there shouldnt be any either - its not in the changelog.
It must just be the user
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6507|Search Whore killing fields

Tjasso wrote:

thanks liquidat0r

p.s. will it update my stats too ??
Missing :http://static.bf2s.com/game-images/awar … 0601_3.png

20 heals IAR >>> D'oh !
If you cant get atleast 15 heals in a round you fail at medic
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6703|Singapore
I am getting 60kb/sec. Was getting 100kb/sec earlier but why server connection reset wtf?
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6478|Bournemouth, South England
Don't see why you're bitching about the 536Mb d/load, it only took me 8.5 minutes from my reliable source!
cospengle
+140|6457|Armidale, NSW, Australia

Penetrator_01 wrote:

Don't see why you're bitching about the 536Mb d/load, it only took me 8.5 minutes from my reliable source!
Good for you. I tried downloading from http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patche … h_1.41.exe but it said 4.5 hours for the download and when I came back it said windows could not complete the operation because it timed out...
FirePhoenix
+18|6609|hamilton, scotland

Snake wrote:

FirePhoenix wrote:

Funny, they mentioned no modification of the weapon and it still kicked major ass for me today with no change to my gameplay. On Gator, mostly cqc and those long range zoomed shots. Didnt notice any difference. And there shouldnt be any either - its not in the changelog.
It must just be the user
No i agree its a great weapon but when zoomed it can get pretty random.
san4
The Mas
+311|6658|NYC, a place to live
Is it just me or does the new patch reset your video settings to some kind of default? I have my settings carefully tweaked to accommodate my weak card (6800XT) and when I started the game after the patch they were all reset. Not a huge problem but I had to exit a game, remember what my settings were, and then sit there changing about 10 settings--for no reason except the people who created the patch are idiots. It couldn't have been too difficult for the patch to save my settings and restore them.

I figured I should post this because this forum really doesn't have enough whining about patches.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

san4 wrote:

Is it just me or does the new patch reset your video settings to some kind of default? I have my settings carefully tweaked to accommodate my weak card (6800XT) and when I started the game after the patch they were all reset. Not a huge problem but I had to exit a game, remember what my settings were, and then sit there changing about 10 settings--for no reason except the people who created the patch are idiots. It couldn't have been too difficult for the patch to save my settings and restore them.

I figured I should post this because this forum really doesn't have enough whining about patches.
Yes, it does. My graphics are all low with max draw distance, so its not hard to change back

cospengle wrote:

Penetrator_01 wrote:

Good for you. I tried downloading from http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patche … h_1.41.exe but it said 4.5 hours for the download and when I came back it said windows could not complete the operation because it timed out...
My net has a habit as of late of cutting out. Download the patch with EA Downloader (or EA Link or whatever the hell its called now). Took me about 2.5hours to download it and the net cut out once, but it carries on after.
Use EA Downloader.
admiralspadgekoff
+1|6352
Hi there guys!
I just downloaded the BF2 1.41 patch, and ran the patch succesfully.
However! - When i logged into my account server it displayed a message
"This server does not support unoffical changes, please revert back to your earlier offical version of BF2"
I was able t connect to server games...but as soon as i clicked "Start Now" to enter the server after it had loaded and synchronised - it kicked me back to the BF2 Mulitiplayer server page stating that the server did not supprt the changes in my version, please revert...etc

Whats going on?  Any ideas to fix?

Would appreciate your help!
Yours..admiral
SGT.Slayero
+98|6435|Life in a vacuum sucks
EA=RIP

(RIP=rest in patchs)
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6651|S.E. United States

admiralspadgekoff wrote:

Hi there guys!
I just downloaded the BF2 1.41 patch, and ran the patch succesfully.
However! - When i logged into my account server it displayed a message
"This server does not support unoffical changes, please revert back to your earlier offical version of BF2"
I was able t connect to server games...but as soon as i clicked "Start Now" to enter the server after it had loaded and synchronised - it kicked me back to the BF2 Mulitiplayer server page stating that the server did not supprt the changes in my version, please revert...etc

Whats going on?  Any ideas to fix?

Would appreciate your help!
Yours..admiral
some servers have not updated yet ,a few of my fav's still havent.I just installed it tonight after dl'ing it a few days ago,wanted to see the feedback first.I saw no changes in my gameplay so I reckon all is good.now I guess were good until xmas when they drop 1.5 on us...

Last edited by KillerYaNk (2006-11-18 20:34:06)

admiralspadgekoff
+1|6352
i hope your right Killer Yank...i do......but its been a full two days since i patched and still no joy on my server!

cheers! to you in the good old USA from downUnder....

I'm not too worried by 1.5 coming on christmas....be a good excuse to get away the endless train of christmas christmas christmas!

Cheers Bro, take care....
if anyone else has any ideas on my problem, would love to hear from you!

Thanks, Keep on Truckin'
admiral

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard