around the majority of soldiers26%26% - 20
where people are capturing flags72%72% - 55
where the commander sees some random enemies1%1% - 1
Total: 76
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6746|Peoria, Illinois

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Depends who needs it most and how much they are helping the team.  What I do, is if a SL requests a UAV and there are only a few enemies around, ill just spot them and put the UAV in a more useful spot, so it makes everyone happy
If there are more than 3 enemy units defending the flag that one of our squads is prepping to assult, then I will put up UAV. You take a chance of missing one or two enemies if there are more than that, especially if they are close together. It's simple enough to spot them otherwise.  I put the UAV on the bulk of the enemy closest to my teammates, even if it is the Hotel on Karkand.

When I'm leading a squad and I have a friend who is commanding, I simply ask for a spotted on the flag I'm getting ready to take. I don't need UAV. If I see a ? on the minimap them we're good to go.
Badcow68
+4|6740|Tucson, AZ
Wagon... your tactics explain why you dont have the Staff Officer Ribbon and you cant spell to good either. I see, you want to be cool online or is it my bad and you are 12 years old?
EsP-Grandpa
+0|6717

WaGoN_aTTacK wrote:

Commanders should place UAV around where the majority of the teammates are, so that more people can maximize its use.....UAV will have more potential to save lives that way ffs!!! IT'S CALLED OPTIMIZATION>>

I HATE commanders that place UAV around a flag for 2 to 3 soldiers....and when they die, it's practically useless and wasted.  All the while people depending on UAV are SOL!!!11 And teh UAV just sits there! GAWD YOU PEEPS R n00bS!!!!!11111one

So for those that command, keep this in mind if you want to be 1337 like mee and learn to help ur team win
Wagon,

The purpose of the commander is to help the TEAM WIN the round.

It is NOT the purpose of a commander to put up a UAV for a lone wolf c4/armor point whore to rack up more points.

Yes, deaths help score points, but capped flags, over time, take away a LOT more points.  Plus, do you really need a UAV for what you do?

I have over 10,000 command points.  You put the UAV where it will do the most good for the TEAM.  Most times, that is on critical flags that are being capped.  The gatehouse flag is CRITICAL to winning Karkand easily.  If I have a team trying to take that flag, they will get both a UAV and my help in spotting to make sure they see who is coming, plus a box of supplies just in case.

Sometimes the UAV goes over my spawn because someone has broken through and is blowing things up (they probably got through because there was some lone wolf a**hat that was more concerned about racking up c4 kills at the hotel than they were about trying to win the map).

Putting the UAV up where the majority of fighting is going on has many problems:

1) Noobs are drawn to the UAV.  Noobs running in to the thick of the battle = lots of lost points.
2) Many times, the difference between winning and losing is letting the opposing team waste all of their resources on one a two spawn points while you sneak in behind them to take the other CP's.  If you put a UAV over the "main" fight, it just encourages people to stay there instead of going to cap that undefended/lightly defended flag.
3) In a "target rich" environment, a UAV is really not needed, and is therefore a waste.

I will always put resources in a place that I feel will do the most good FOR THE TEAM.  Input from the team members is always welcome.

If I am commanding in a server you are in, you are encouraged to request a UAV whenever you feel it will help. But since I see "the big picture", it is ultimately up to me to decide where it will do the most good.

Gramps
CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6754

ryan_14 wrote:

i always place UAV, see a bunch of men, drop arty on them, and by the time the arty drops ont he area, they have all dissapeared
WRONG! I had a commander that kept UAVing the Place where most people where, Carrier (Wake Island) and Artly them. WTF I don' want UAV there I was UAV where some enemy is sneaking.
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6782
it's tite how now instead of dissing teh stats, u gotsta diss meh grammar!!    ;_;    <--crying

/"Oh you think you're cool writing like that"
/"u must be 12"
/"all u do is play kark"

THIS IS WHY I LOVE MAKING BABIES CRY
i'm soooo mean!

face it: u n00bs thought u had th3 commander strats just cause u gots da pts

btw who cares about staff officer? LOLS if i want to command i'll play CIV 4 or Command & Conquer

CAN WE PLZ STIKK 2 DA SUBJECT:

my bad guys, didn't mean to attract all da MAD haterz, i guess if u want somethin done right, u gotta do it urself.

end t3h flames, peeps.  pwnt.

-sincerely,

wagon wheel hunka hanka cheese (or something...)
Speelbal
+146|6767|Netherlands
I kind of disagree with the topicstarter. When it's vital a flag is captured, obviously there is An AUV needed. I agree, most of the time  you should place it where the most friendlys are, but not always.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6803|England
WaGoN_aTTacK has serious mental issues that he should get sorted out before talking again the forums.

WaGoN_aTTacK wrote:

Seriously dude, what are you even talking about here?
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6807|Jupiter
Wow yes i have 100 more hours than you, but yer a F_cking point whore, you have no right to say a F_cking thing with that 300+ hours on karkand.. noob go back to school tommorow and tell me what  M(x)+b=...
faggot. more points means shit when your whole time has been spent on one map, and look at my kits, they are all equally balanced by far. and that makes me a good player cause i can own on anymap, any kit. eat it.. beat that.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6803|England
Actually he has closer to 400 hours and has explosives as his most used weapon Ive never seen anyone with that before. he obviously just throws the noob cube all the time...
iamamuts
+2|6771|Lisse, Netherlands

chitlin wrote:

this just in biatch my scores are better than yours on absolutly everything =p

ill pick your c4 glitching ass off anytime, i just get irriatated at little fucktards that have use flaws in the game and ruin the shit. anjoy your fruity glitch while it last cuz dice going to get rid of faggots like you
you own only accounts who haven't played yet
88mm
+8|6821
I voted 'where people are capturing flags' - The single most important feature of UAV is to prepare for enemies spawning (or arriving) before and after neutralizing a flag.

'around the majority of soldiers' - When u are in the middle of combat, u will rearly need UAV.

'where the commander sees some random enemies' - This is better done with an 'Enemy Spotted', but do not clog the intercom with such messages, just spot the important movement, like when enemy is going to Suburb on Karkand.

A good squad leader will usually ask the commander to have UAV dropped when the squad is nearing an enemy flag. That is what UAV is for, to be at the disposal for the squads. The Commander has his own Spotted-command for individual spots done with the scan.

https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/awards.jpg
iamamuts
+2|6771|Lisse, Netherlands

Kniero wrote:

When commander, UAV will be directed at the densest insurgent locale as seen through the scanning system. Any strays will be spotted until they've been dealt with, and any flag capping teammates will be monitored at 3x zoom (spotting enemies as frequently as possible).
Dude I hate you
When I played against you, you were acting like a moron
RKF77
+1|6766

WaGoN_aTTacK wrote:

it's tite how now instead of dissing teh stats, u gotsta diss meh grammar!!    ;_;    <--crying

/"u must be 12"
/"all u do is play kark"

i'm soooo mean!

btw who cares about staff officer? LOLS if i want to command i'll play CIV 4 or Command & Conquer

my bad guys, didn't mean to attract all da MAD haterz, i guess if u want somethin done right, u gotta do it urself.

-sincerely,

It's difficult to put into words just how absolutely fucking ridiculous you sound.
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6782

RKF77 wrote:

It's difficult to put into words just how absolutely fucking ridiculous you sound.
it's difficult cause u not 1337 lols

one thing all the flamers have in common:  they're all n00bs and don't even see it lol.  u keep dissing me instead of keeping to teh subject. 

OH SCHANPPS!!11  SOUNDS LIKE INFERIORITY COMPLEX IN DEE HAUS

give the mass UAV.  if u 2 scared, u shouldn't be capping flags WHAT?
slidero

WaGoN_aTTacK wrote:

it's difficult cause u not 1337 lols

one thing all the flamers have in common:  they're all n00bs and don't even see it lol.  u keep dissing me instead of keeping to teh subject. 

OH SCHANPPS!!11  SOUNDS LIKE INFERIORITY COMPLEX IN DEE HAUS

give the mass UAV.  if u 2 scared, u shouldn't be capping flags WHAT?
I honestly have no idea of what you're talking about.
BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6753|Finland
And btw. If you set UAV for majority of team they maybe won't die before over 1 K/D ratio which mean that enemy is loosing more points and if you set UAV to somewhere where's like that 3 enemys it won't help majority of team and when they die team loose points (well when they spawn). And as long as it's possible to spot those enemys I can't see point to set UAV to somewhere where's less than 5 players or so. And some ones here are talking about hours while commanders... Why you are watching so much stats? Like me... I'm played only 30 hrs as Commander in public but like 200+ hrs in clan matches because I'm our Commander. It's so boring to play as commander in public.. SPM keep going down and too many of teammates are not Caring about Commander and/or Commands of Commander.
ronin1942
+-1|6858

RKF77 wrote:

WaGoN_aTTacK wrote:

/"u must be 12"
/"all u do is play kark"

i'm soooo mean!

-sincerely,

couldnt agree more!!!
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6782
y joo gais nok meh grammar

i'm gettin joo all an engrish dikshunaree

shuld've realized....there's always an excuse for why some1 is better than joo LOL (ur a c4 whore..u only play 1 map....ur a pts whore)...COME TO M3H WORLD HIZZITIES!!!

i didn't say shit about those other ghey maps, more power to the peeps that play em.  but if you wanna piece of this, gotta make a trip to kark baby

check the other ratios, i can pwn w/out c4 RLY!! but no pt in trying to silence naysayers or the ignorant

i <3 u all and no hard feelings here.

it's like what jack burton always says at a time like this

0_o

UAV 2 TEH MASSES!!!
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6807|Jupiter
Freak?... 0_0...
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6782
wtf (EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay is from another planet....REALLY.  he's from jupiter for realz LOL

^_^

Last edited by WaGoN_aTTacK (2005-12-21 16:27:58)

Revelstoke
The Medic Whore
+9|6717|Ontario
i feel the need to post here... just to ask you a few questions...

1.... Have you ever had a life?
2.... Is FPS Doug your mentor, and do you wank off to pictures of him at night?
3.... Does your voice squeak when you yell NOOB over the voicechat constantly?
4....Why do you feel the urge to act superior to everyone, and use language that most normal people would only use when they are trying to piss off their friends?

Ever since I saw you type lolz, any respect i might have had for you vanished.....
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6782
lolz revelstoke i <3 u...ur right, and i'm wrong LOLZ LOLZZZZZ

1..no, i'm crippled and no 1 wants 2 be friends w/ me
2..yes, fps doug is my mentor, and i can't wank it cause i have no arms, i play BF2 w/meh feet
3..my voice definitely isn't as manly as yours, so yes
4..cause man...I HAVE ADD OK????  AND AIDS BITCH

ur the shit, dog

"that's like....ur opinion, man"
     /Big Lebowski
Revelstoke
The Medic Whore
+9|6717|Ontario
I didnt know it was possible for you to make an even stupider response, but you did.... I'm amazed...
I really think you need a smack to the back of the head.......hard.....
ronin1942
+-1|6858
definatly a "special needs" child and (judging by the pool he started) dead wrong! wow ........ really need to get out some time and get some human interaction.
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6782

Revelstoke wrote:

I didnt know it was possible for you to make an even stupider response, but you did.... I'm amazed...
I really think you need a smack to the back of the head.......hard.....
obviously ur amazed...that's why i wrote it LOL; i amaze u, while u humor me

sigh...simpletons- violence is not teh solution LOLZ

n.e.wayz ur still the shit, dog
sometimes i forget :S

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard