Poll

Do you put one or two spaces after a period?

One64%64% - 94
Two35%35% - 52
Total: 146
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6730|Eastern PA
One is grammatically correct.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6741|Oslo, Norway

Masques wrote:

One is grammatically correct.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6593|Seattle
times have changed. we arent speaking olde english. you are not using a typewriter. its one space per period.

this thread basically means either most of you can't judge the size of one space or don't read anything recently published anywhere.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2006-11-14 22:45:05)

Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6771

lol. Search
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6530

chefvolrath wrote:

my sis has her masters degree in creative writing from brown university.........she says 2
can i get dem digits?
Anubis5289
Jaffa Kree
+55|6766|Campbeltown, Scotland
Two
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6771

Once again, MS Word is never wrong. It's 1 space after a period.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6699|Devon, England
i was taught to do 2 in primary school, but it never stuck.
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6516
two.  Always.  Only after periods though.  After "!' "," "?" etc. (and if it is a period like after etc. its one) it is only one.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6774|UK

FFLink13 wrote:

i was taught to do 2 in primary school, but it never stuck.
lol dunno where u went, i was definately taught 1.
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6829|Delaware
Always one.
Brasso
+1,549|6638

Two is the right way.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6586|Florida
2, thats how its supposed to be.
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6421|Michigan, USA

I've always meant to put two.  Sometimes though, I might be distracted while typing and I might only put one space (GASP!).  Yeah, whether or not two spaces is "correct punctuation," I'm for two spaces.
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6516|Bournemouth, South England
In proper English grammer, it is acceptable to use a single space after a full stop when writing a loose minute or informal paper.  However, in formal documents or publications, it is expected that two spaces follow a full stop.

I spent six weeks on a course learning how to write official documents at almost national governement level, and this was the generic rule of thumb.
Kanye North
randy
+80|6473

Coolbeano wrote:

lol. Search
really like someone is gonna search for this kinda subject just cause it was your post fool. shut up.
DaBombadier
+8|6415|Sooooo coooold....Canada....

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

i press Tab.
intense...
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6667|BC, Canada
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6667|BC, Canada

Kanye North wrote:

Coolbeano wrote:

lol. Search
really like someone is gonna search for this kinda subject just cause it was your post fool. shut up.
i know i hate the trolls around here that just look for threads so that they can post the search link. there does seem to be alot of them, even worse than the grammar police.
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6516|Bournemouth, South England
The Granma police? Sounds worrying...
JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6700|Sweden
I dont understand the question.... ? And I turned 20 last week..............
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6782|Noizyland

I agree fully with he dude that sounds like 'Shark'. It's always been one space, otherwise the space would have been made twice as big as it currently is.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Brasso
+1,549|6638

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

69!
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
JohnTx12
Stand still I need to shoot you
+44|6525|Plano,Texas
only one
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6488|Somewhere else

Sarrk wrote:

chefvolrath wrote:

my sis has her masters degree in creative writing from brown university.........she says 2
Ohhh realllllly now? DOES SHE?

I dont care what your sister and her degree say. Both are allowed, but here in Australia, its 1.

Fucking hell, why did america have to go and create their own language? Some americans I know are all like, "Who do those english think they are? Spelling color with a u and all" and its like "Oh, I dont know, maybe just because the language was created and named after them?"

Whatever. Note the one space after.
Ive be taught it was two. meh. But, from this quote I would like to add Theater being spelled Theatre. That's just plain MADDNESS!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard