stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

I would go Clark, Fancy.

Its a beast at medium-short range, and you can still at longer ranges if you get some of the pellets in the head.
.|microphage
+4|6625|Vancouver, BC
clark is good. But sometimes when you're pointblank it doesn't kill them....i dont know why though...
MagiCandy
+18|6646
Clark or the Pilum, motion mines are handy too.
47man
+46|6416|Cali

stryyker wrote:

I would go Clark, Fancy.

Its a beast at medium-short range, and you can still at longer ranges if you get some of the pellets in the head.
In almost every thread where people ask for unlock advice i say the same thing. "The clark is a fucking beast"
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
Get the clark if you want to up in rank fast, then I would say go for either the Lambert, Voss, or more player abilities. (Max clip = own)
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6519|Singapore
clark + titan corridors + 1337 5|<1llz = ownage
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6638
I think I've played every map so far, but I don't see how any of them are good for the Clark. Also, only a very small fraction of the match actually consists of fighting in titan corridors. The gun is powerful at close range, but I have the feeling for every person I kill, I'll get taken down 3-4 times at range.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-11-15 13:17:57)

ronin1942
+-1|6836
love the clark! motion mines are the shit too...  as for titan defence clark+sentry gun = lots of defence pins
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6432|canada
clark=pure awesomeness
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6726|Oslo, Norway
Just get the becon
Volatile
+252|6697|Sextupling in Empire

Optical comouflage is not worth taking the place of RDX or APMs in your customization slots.
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6650|Devil's Perch
I have about 140 playing hours so far and barely 10 minutes cloaked.
If going Recon, I definitely prefer to have RDX and APMs equipped.
The Lambert is awesome, seriously, but I personally prefer a fighting approach over a sneaky approach.

The bad thing about the cloaking device is that you need to release the button and take out the RDX, knife or firearm which costs additional time in which the enemy might have killed you already. Also, as mentioned by others several times, you're quite visible when running. I say in 85% of all cases, the cloaking doesn't help that much. The field of distortion it creates is quite visible, even in a fight zone where people are likely to be distracted by other enemies.
You can't expect to run into an enemy, be it on foot or in a vehicle, full frontal and be successful. It is not that good. As said, you have a field of distortion and also quite often the netbat red rhomb.
The device is made for sneaky gameplay. Personally, I keep wondering if its necessary at all then, because if you need to sneak up on vehicles from behind or the side, you might as well do that uncloaked and have your RDX in hand already. Also, if you use it to cross larger open grounds, it is more likely you're not dying because the enemy can't hit you than because he can't see you.

Just IMO of couse.
Proud member of a dead community.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6548
It's pretty useless. You can still be seen and when you uncloak you have to desperately roll your mousewheel to get a weapon out, all too often not in the nick of time. The Recon and Support trees are the best trees to go down though IMO. The C4 is a must-have for taking out Titans.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-11-15 02:27:07)

.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6822
On titan servers you'll very often be able to either pod out of the titan or spawn on a transport and get delivered right to the next silo. Now you're in Clark ownage range of all the enemies.

As far as optical camo goes, it doesn't let you run straight down the middle without being spotted, and if you're sneaking round the sides, you don't really need it anyway. You have something like 2 seconds wait between dropping the camo and getting a gun out in which time anyone who spotted you will probably have killed you. It also means you can't take RDX and APMs.
On the other hand, the Lambert is just great.

Lots of people like the Voss, I prefer it over the Scar-11 but the Krylov is the best of the lot.
hilltop2bit
+9|6569|Doctor Evils Lair, Near You!

Janja wrote:

they need to make statpadding class.
you know a rifle that shoots points! like pewpew lazers pew
point grenade that has points made of sharpnel impedded in it.
stab somebody with your knife and give them a statpadding orgasM!!!
i think everybody +infinity would play it.
So wrong but very funny....keep up the thoughtless mind numbing droll
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6637|Ohio

>LOD<Dougalachi wrote:

get the assault voss unlock tree. much better for me. It has great accuracy and makes headshots easy.
I dont even know you. chosing the voss over the baur? A pity you.
[BF2s]Connor
The Young One
+20|6463|Wigan---Manchester---UK---
Lambert. Simple.
JohnLeavitt
+16|6436
lol the Voss and the Baur are each good in their own situation, in a open map the Voss is good while in close ranges the baur is best. both can use the rocket and the shotgun. i would really like to ask u all to PLZ EQUIPT YOUR DEFIBULATORS if your assult!!! PLZ... i noticed that hardly anyone EVER revives me.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6774

spawnofthemist wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

I suppose I'll just continue down the medic tree and get the Voss then.
Clark Shotgun.
Support Right tier.
Now.
I hate agreeing with sotm but he's right on this one.  Clark is so much fun to use and if you've already got the sprint upgrades then you'll really be kicking some ass.

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

I think I've played ever map so far, but I don't see how any of them are good for the Clark. Also, only a very small fraction of the match actually consists of fighting in titan corridors. The gun is powerful at close range, but I have the feeling for every person I kill, I'll get taken down 3-4 times at range.
Not the case Fancy.  I don't really play on titan, just conquest, and the clark does really well for me.  What its really awesome for is not frontal attack but for flanking your opponents.  Get in behind them and just start wrecking havoc.  Also, any time you have a UAV those are easy kills cause nobody can beat you close range.  Another hint, unlock the Sentry Gun and put that in a position to provide covering fire for you while you flank the enemy.

Last edited by superfly_cox (2006-11-15 04:48:50)

Janja
Jiggaboo Jones
+11|6374|FLOOR E DUH
just get everything
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6634|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

Janja wrote:

just get everything
just think before you post.
Buzerk1
+44|6829

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

I suppose I'll just continue down the medic tree and get the Voss then.
Clark Shotgun.
Support Right tier.
Now.
Seemed fairly powerful when I tried it against bots. Killed everything in 2 shots. The only problem is you get owned in long range encounters. On the plus side, you can spam grenades with the adv ammo hub.

Got it narrowed down to the Voss or Clark.
Can talk about the Voss, but Clark is really nice and it's a 1 shot kill if you aim right. And you get a nice PIN for just for using it And it has the "rabbit" effect. When you shoot someone, he just freeze LOL
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6614|Gold coast, Aus.
Anyone who uses a Voss Has no respect in my eyes.

One of the most skill-less guns in the game.

Clark FTW. Unlocked it, and its hella fun to use.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6519|Singapore

gene_pool wrote:

Anyone who uses a Voss Has no respect in my eyes.

One of the most skill-less guns in the game.

Clark FTW. Unlocked it, and its hella fun to use.
zeidmaan
+234|6407|Vienna

people with "terrain" set on high will se you easily when cloacked. And apparenly thoose with low "dynamic light". If you have terrain on LOW like I do, than getting blowen (LoL) by recons is much more likely.
But I think that its been annaunced that Active Camo will be "fixed".

And clark Is hardly a "pure ownage" machine. For one shot kill you have to be REALY close. And there is hardly any "spread". If you have a kick ass PC and play on a server where commanders dont move the TItans when the shield is down, than its usefull. If you lag even a little bit than its crap. On Conquest, city maps is much better. But if you are looking for points you will most likely have much more sucess with default support guns.
But shotgun is FUN, thats why almost all of my time as support is with clark. So you decide

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard